354 members have voted

1. 1. How many slot cars do you own?

• Less than 20
    • 20 to 50
    • 50 to 100
    • 100 to 250
    • 250 Plus!

Garry,

Blo@dy Hell!!!!!! Now that's a lot of cars. :D:D:)

Thanks for posting those pics, I'm going to show the wife to prove to her I not totally crazy about this hobby! Well maybe just a little insane...

Cheers Manic :D

Edited by manic35

I think i have around 200 cars or more all brands. Mostly Slot it Fly and Scalex.

not quite sure how it happened, in fact I have no memory of it :huh: . Maybe I've been abducted by alien slotheads! :blink:

Hi Guys. I have somewhere around 580 cars of which around half have been shelf queens since purchase. Around 150 SCX, 4 revell, 45 Ninco, 35 FLY, 2 Proslot, 2 Slot-it, 1 Reprotec, 12 Bumslot, four Teamslot, 1 Coche Miticos, 2 Airfix, 20 or so scratch builds and most of the rest are Scalex. I have been collecting for around 15 years but the collection has trebled in the last three years and yes I have taken over one of the bedrooms to store them all in. :blink:

From around 70 to 99. The numbers for the different brands are all over the place so I would need to get them all out and as they are in all sorts of nooks and crannys I won't at present.

That is from 21 years of collecting. This christmas just gone was the 21st anniversary of my wife buying me my first set. It was a Scalextric Le Mans set of 30 foot running length with the two 911 Porsches in it. I swapped one for the Audi Quatro so I had different cars. Both these cars are dead from years of thrashing. The Poor Porsche ended up crushed under one of my drunken mates feet after he tried to get his crashed car and jumped on mine.

I didn't count them.

I'll have to look at last year's cars & figure out which six I bought this past year.. & which I got that didn't count. I think I have double the number I did last year.. so I must have only had six then.. :lol:

..I've already bought my first car of this year's half dozen - the Carrera version of Mr Moss's Mercedes (#722) that won the Mille Miglia.. :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Eno: Shame on you! Why has it taken you so long to get this great car? It should have been higher on your list! The account of that race from Jenks is one of the best reads I have ever had.

Motorsport did a reprint last year on the 50 anniversary.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Phil showed excellent restraint there, well done that man. Another potential TT entry there.

I can imagine Eno firing up the dremel, warming up the soldering iron and slicing pieces off the kettle in anticipation of a shiny new handbuilt chassis for Messrs Moss and Jenks' Tassie bound racer.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Phil - the 50th anniversary edition was bought out before I got the car. I had Chris sorting them 'cause I thought there was a picture of Jackie Stewart & Ronnie Peterson running together in '71 in there somewhere. ;)

It's taken so long to get 'cause by the time I knew who Carrera were (..not Scaley?) and had more idea what I was looking at (rather than a "kraut" car) they'd stopped making it! :(

I saw this car 'somewhere' in passing, presumably when I'd dropped in to have a sticky nose before I took the boy down to Peter's as I was going past to the shops anyhow.

I didn't remember where it was afterwards though & was wracking my doggy brain trying to think where it was - had no idea since I rather like slot car & model shops & went to lots while I was shopping for "presents" :lol:

I found it thogh - managed not to take it home & got shouted at anyway 'cause I spent too much at Christmas - then my Mum came through with some money for the birthday so I invested it! B)

The money Wen's Mum decided to plant on me for Christmas bought me my March Ford (Scaley C026) which being a '71 car having come second to Mr Stewart means I have a happy little racing room!

Bump - I'm not taking a dremel to it until I know what I'm doing. There's some vents & things I want to remove / mangle a bit & the figures look like they're contestants in the "World's Biggest Loser" or something..

..I'd like to see what I can do with a rubber one first (or whatever it is they use).

In the meantime the chances of me making a better chassis than a company that knows what it's doing is minimal.. :P

..when & what is the TT thing though?? Point me in the right direction.. :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

oldtamiyaphile: I have managed to finish my Skyline some time ago,converted it into a Group A racer.

My R32 is 80%, done to resemble my 1:1, not an exact match mostly because I can't find correct wheels. Still debating if I should paint the hood to look like carbon fibre.

post-106-1134905064.jpg

32nd Reich - For all models 1/32 - Back On-line.

oldtamiyaphile: I have managed to finish my Skyline some time ago,converted it into a Group A racer.

My R32 is 80%, done to resemble my 1:1, not an exact match mostly because I can't find correct wheels. Still debating if I should paint the hood to look like carbon fibre.

post-106-1134905064.jpg

I have seen carbon fibre as a decal sheet before but I imagine you would have too.

That skyline looks bl@@dy super oldtam.

What brand of kit is it ?

Thanks, it's the Arii kit. I've got to print some decals for the head/tail light reflectors because the kit lenses are just plain clear.

Show us the car from the box below the R32! looks like it could be a Bellet GTR to me? just like one that ran in here in Australia many years ago.

Yes it is a Bellet GTR, I'm an Isuzu fan and would love to find a real one one day :angry: That or an early Skyline GT-B/ GTR. It's also an Arii kit.

Yes, I've seen CF decal sheet, but it's either 1/24 or 1/43, and being the pedantic sort of chap, I'll either stick to paint or just leave it as is, especially since the 1:1 is about to be replaced.

Edited by oldtamiyaphile

My Isuzu collection:

http://people.mail2me.com.au/~bertrand/bit...isuzu/isuzu.htm

I loved the MU so much in the wet on gripless Kumho tyres, the new Goodyears are no fun! I'd love a Vehicross (but have absolutely no need for one, and what do you do for parts after a minor accident?). Of course, Piazza, Bellet and 117 are all cool...

...other Japanese classics I'd love are the Galant GTO MR, Toyota S800 and orignal Silvia. Oh, and of course the original Cosmo ;)

Well this topic was just about closed up so according to the poll it seems like the winning group are people who have 20 slotcars or less. That surprised me ! but then again I suppose they would say, well you can only drive one car at a time.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

I dunno Jamie, I reckon if you did it again today the numbers may have increased. I know I've gone up a level (or two) in the last year.. :D

I have around 70 - 80 cars of which about 20 are actually visible to she-who-must-not-know! Some of them are actually still in their presentation boxes as I have not had a chance or reason to race them yet. But I don't buy shelf queens, for me a slot racing car is meant to be raced - it's just that I have to be discreet about bringing them out into the open!

My collection consists mainly of Scaley followed by FLY, Slot.it, Carrera, VMG and SCX plus some scratch-builts from my early slot days in the 60's. Most of my current collection were acquired during the first 3 months of my return to the hobby - I have since had my head screwed back on into a more sensible position :D

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Nearly 70. Boy this is becoming a bit of an addiction!

40 something scaley's;

6 ninco's;

4 fly's;

4 carrera's;

2 revell- monogram's;

1 auto art;

6 scx;

3 scratchies;

and 2 holden's :D

some on the way.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

1:32 scale -

300+ - Vintage Scalextric

130 + Newer (a mix of Scalextric, Fly, NINCO, Carrera, Pink Kar, Revell)

=====

430 + Sub Total

1:24 scale -

40+ - (and growing)

=====

470 (approx) TOTAL