How many slot cars do you own?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. How many slot cars do you own?

• Less than 20
    • 20 to 50
    • 50 to 100
    • 100 to 250
    • 250 Plus!

I think i have hit the 300 mark or there abouts, will know exactly once they are all unpacked again..

Dave you need counciling for this dreaded illness, I'm prepared to work with you and relieve you of this burden!

Gref, Ill have to show this to my wife so she can understand I'm actually quite normal. :)

Regards

Rob

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i have hit the 300 mark or there abouts, will know exactly once they are all unpacked again..

Dave you need counciling for this dreaded illness, I'm prepared to work with you and relieve you of this burden!

Gref, Ill have to show this to my wife so she can understand I'm actually quite normal. :D

Do it Rob it works every time I bring a new slot car home and the wife starts to fire up I point her to this thread and say look honey it could be worse(mind you I neglect to tell here once I get a slot room/shed then the serious collecting starts) :) :(

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

Don't think my wife has cause to be upset with me yet.

Scalextric: 22 (16 of which are relics from my childhood)

SCX: 5

Highway32/Retro Slot: 4

Revell: 3

Spirit: 3

Team Slot: 2

and one each from Fly, Slot.it & World Classics.

The Highway32 cars you have - are they Imps?

Is it any good - I've been thinking of getting one, it was my first 1:1 car and our family owned several of them for many, many years.

Does it run reasonable, decent quality build etc?

Cheers

Mike

The Highway32 cars you have - are they Imps?

Is it any good - I've been thinking of getting one, it was my first 1:1 car and our family owned several of them for many, many years.

Does it run reasonable, decent quality build etc?

Cheers

Mike

2 of them are Imps. The shells are quite well made. They didn't require much work before painting. The MRRC chassis they use is pretty ordinary though. I got the Imp coupe going well with a bit of tuning. The other worked ok until I added some elevations to my track. That made it almost undriveable. I wound up doing something I never thought I'd do and fitted it with a magnet. They've just launched a revised model though that uses a PCS32 chassis. I reckon that should perform significantly better. I'm itching to get my hands on one of those.

One of the problems with the old chassis was that you could only put extremely narrow wheels on them resulting in very little grip. The PCS32 lets you put some decent rubber on.

Here's my thread about them: http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;hl=highway32

Russ

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Yngwie and I have an addiction. This is my small but growing collection of cars. I only started this hobby this year so I have a fair bit of ground to make up. Anyway, thanks for all the tips and tricks I have received since joining this board I and a few mates are getting hooked!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27439455@N03/2894798702/

Regards

I too have been caught up in this addiction. Got into slot cars 18 months ago and currently have

105 Ninco

15 Carrera

13 Slot-it with 1 on the way

5 Cartrix

1 SCX

11 Autoart

11 Fly (+ 2 racing trucks)

20 Scalextric

all 6 of the QuattroX JGTC cars

2 MB Slot

1 Team Slot

and my eyes on about 15 others that will be helping feed the addiction over the next 2 months.