How many slot cars do you own?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. How many slot cars do you own?

• Less than 20
    • 20 to 50
    • 50 to 100
    • 100 to 250
    • 250 Plus!

Hummm, where did they all come from, I hadn't ever bothered to count up my cars and actually thought I had more Vintage Scalextric but there seem to be an awful lot of modern cars here...and it all seems so much more than I thought. Maybe that's why I'd never done the stocktake!

39 Modern Scalextric

30 Vintage Scalextric

30 SCX/Exin Mostly Rally and older cars

12 Ninco

11 Fly

4 Carrera

3 Slot it

3 MRRc

2 Proslot

1 Vintage Revell

1 Vintage MRRC/Airfix Aston Kit. I'll finish it one day....

Most use definitely goes to the 70s Scalextric Gts, Mirages, P4s etc, Ninco classics and the 934s without Mags, SCX Rally cars without mags and, strangely, two SCX BMW M3s from the late 80s/early 90s. These cars are heavy and slow but are two of the best balanced non mag cars straight out of the box, they seem to provide close fun home racing no matter who or what.

And the good news is that there truly is an end in sight to all this with now just a C79 Blue offenhauser, C84 Triumph and C8 lotus 38 to find ......along with the new Cooper and Ferrari Classic F1s to collect of course, and the P3s, can't do without them. Then that really should be it along with the new SCX Lancia Delta naturally and that red Ninco Ferrari 166MM, well I've wanted one to partner for the blue one for simply ages. Yes that definitely will be it..... because I'm only looking at those 60s Scalextric Austin Healeys and Mercedes 190s out of curiosity, honest....

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I counted them it was 450 something that were race ready. That was some time ago. It's time I did it again. In my own defence, this year will be my 40th year in the hobby. (and I still have several of my late father's cars too).

The scary thing to count would be the un-finished projects. I tend to start a lot more things than I finish. :)

The main thing is that I still enjoy the hobby as much as ever and my wife is also a resonable racer with many of her own cars, too.

Rob E.

The main thing is that I still enjoy the hobby as much as ever and my wife is also a resonable racer with many of her own cars, too.

:):o 450 at last count!!! :o:blink:

Rob, how did you go about getting your wife so involved? Was it something that just happened over 40 years?

I've been attempting to get my wife involved for a little over a year by getting her cars (ones she picks, i.e. Italian Job mini's and RAID cars) she requests and I even built her a scenery piece to run her RAID cars on. But I haven't had much more than a half-hearted response.

Can you help me Dr Rob?

Cheers Manic :)

Well Manic, Firstly, I always remember the first rule of marrage.

"Happy wife,.....Happy Life!!" :blink:

My wife's not totally "into" slot racing either, but she is always made to feel a part of what's going on and I try pretty hard to take a genuine interest in her hobbies/interests as well. I try to find out, (from her perspective), what does and doesn't interest her about what I do and allow her to participate at whatever level she feels like.

Every so often, she gets the urge to "stick it to the fellas" but she isn't normally a very competitive person. (Anyone else here been brake tested going into the Old Hairpin on the last lap of a race?) :)

Several of the guys on the forum know Rosemary and most of the time she's happiest making sure everyone's having a good time and that no one goes home hungry, (or too skinny). :o

Rob E.

BTW - just did a re-count and thined out the cars that need repairs, new tyres, etc. leaves 539 race ready.

Well Manic, Firstly, I always remember the first rule of marrage.

"Happy wife,.....Happy Life!!" :blink:

Never a truer word has been spoken Rob :o

Sounds like there are no short cuts to be had here.

PS - 539 (Race Ready) is pretty amazing!! Must be difficult just working out what car you want to put on the track next.

• 11 months later...

Well,

It is almost one year on from when this thread started and we last did our Slot Car stocktake. I'm sure most people will have alot more cars then they did at this time last year. What sort of numbers have we got now?

Last time round I had a total of 306 cars and believe it or not I now have only 260 - so 46 cars have sadly left my collection. But I am left with more of the cars that I really wanted and use and got rid of some of the crap.

The only brands that I now have more of are Scalextric and Slotit.

Last year:

88 FLY

81 Scalextric

61 Ninco

37 SCX

12 Proslot

8 Carrera

6 Slotit

4 Vanquish

3 Pink Kar

3 MRRC

2 Autoart

1 Cartrix

Now:

89 Scalextric

64 FLY

48 Ninco

35 SCX

11 Slotit

9 Proslot

3 Carrera

1 Cartrix

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Well my collection has increased but then I only had around 25 cars this time last year;

•Scalextric - 7,

•Ninco - 6,

•FLY - 5,

•Slot-it - 3,

•ProSlot - 1,

•Carrera - 1,

•Cartrix - 1,

•MRRC - 1 and

•SCX - 1.

I now own the following;

•Scalextric - 9,

•Ninco - 4,

•FLY - 19,

•Slot-it - 5,

•ProSlot - 1,

•Carrera - 1,

•Cartrix - 2,

•SCX - 2,

•MRRC - 1,

•GOM - 1,

•Spirit - 1 and

•Protus - 1.

The big difference in my collection has to be the inclusion on 1/24 scale cars. I recently discovered the 'Joy' of building my own slot cars from kits. I have the following 1/24 scale items;

•Plafit 'Excel chassis - 2,

•1/24 kit bodies - 5 and

•Carrera - 1.

In total my car numbers have gone from 26 to around 50.

I actually have no idea how many cars I have - I know it's more than 50, but I'm "video happy" at the moment, so I'm going to film a "procession" of them all going past the camera, so I guess I'll have an exact number then :)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Not sure how my lot increased last year but my total is 148 running!

Cox 5

REH 1

Fly 27

Ninco 24

Scalex 20

SCX 26

Pro Slot 7

Team slot 3

Slot It 2

Carrera 2

Plastic chassied " scratch builts" 12

Brass Chassied Scratch builts 19

But when I did a quick count of unbuilts resin and kits it was 78! More than enought to keep me busy for afew years making chassis's.

Phil

Bump was entirely correct - I only actually bought six cars this year.. the rest just kinda fell into my possesion.. I think I can see 20 odd of those from here.. oh and that's not counting the one sitting on the desk.. :D

I'll do a review & pictorial cavalcade of beauticity tomorrow I think (except the March Ford I bought to race with the Scx Tyrrell hasn't arrived yet.. I really need this year's Scaley 70's cars to be a Lotus '72 and a "yardley" (? have to check dates in book) McLaren of the same era.. or I must admit I really really want a Hesketh.. they were a terrific team very.. British I think.. :D

Anyway - I'll sort & photograph everything - but only for "insurance" purposes of course & not for the gratuitous pleasure of you lot since the missus is at home & may frown or even shout if she realises how mant times I actually bought those six cars this year.. :D

best hope she doesn't read this post.. :)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi All,

Just did a "stocktake". :) OUCH!!! :D

C1-C100 Scalex = 148

C101 + = 158

SCX = 63

Ninco = 41

FLY = 72

Carrera = 2

Pink Kar = 11

Revell = 5

Slot-It = 7

Plus all the associated spares and wreckers you accumulate. :D

Cheers

Garry :D

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

But when I did a quick count of unbuilts resin and kits it was 78! More than enought to keep me busy for afew years making chassis's.

OMG!!! That must take up a stack of space. :)

I can see how this could happen, I'm already up to 5 kits in a little over a month.

Cheers Manic :D

Hey Garry - you make me look an amateur accumulator - nice one!! :)

I didn't count kits 'cause they don't count (when you're only allowed 6 cars).. I have a few of them waiting in the wings too!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

But when I did a quick count of unbuilts resin and kits it was 78!  More than enought to keep me busy for afew years making chassis's.

OMG!!! That must take up a stack of space. :)

I can see how this could happen, I'm already up to 5 kits in a little over a month.

Cheers Manic :D

Hi Manic,

About this much.....

picture9020tr.jpg

plus this much.....

picture9015us.jpg

Plus two benches in my garage by the track.

Cheers

Garry

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND