terry

Just When You Thought 12 Volts Are What You Need

drop the voltage to suit driver ability.

What more needs to be said!!! :P

I thought to have Rick drive in the proxy but to drop the track to suit his ability I would need to go to 6 volts :D:lol::D:D;)

Sorry Rick hee hee Hat coat Im outa here B)

I let you win in the TransAm last night and it goes to your head. Have you finished rubbering up the track with all the NSR tyred cars? Stop when the clearance is less than 1.6mm B):D

cheers

rick1776

I let you win in the TransAm last night and it goes to your head. Have you finished rubbering up the track with all the NSR tyred cars? Stop when the clearance is less than 1.6mm :D:lol:

You or Dave could have beat me if you both didn't nerf each other as much , you were swapping paint and nicely slowing yourselves down , Thanks for that B):D:D

I had a look at your Biefield-Brown antigravity machine. As best as i can make out it uses a corona discharge to ionise the air near the +ve electrode which is usually thin wire. The bottom electrode is then rather large and usually a flat plate, but the plate is at right angles. The electric field is then bent "around a corner". The net result is that you have thrust. As best as I can make out it doesnt work in a vacuum so its not antigravity. Theory is that "particles" called gravitron control gravity much like photons control electromagnetic phenomena. We have good grip of photons, but controlling gravitrons is still no go.

Ive got access to patent seachers at work. I'll have a look at the patents and try and get a better understanding of how it works. Just on patents, did you know that Thomas Edison didnt invent the light bulb. He stole the idea off a Canadian who had invented it a few years earlier but ran out of funding for his invention.

Nicola Tesla thought Edison was a wanker and scientific dinosaur. Tried to convince him that DC power was no good for distribution and AC was the way to go. He should have listened to Tesla. Not too many DC power stations around. Errr none in fact.

cheers

rick1776

Nice track Terry! Great flow......

I have tried using lower voltage sometime back and I believe it can give a different driving experience for many cars.

With times not too shabby in comparison to what I previously set.

Though some cars could do with more volts not less.

"Electronic controllers get rid of many differences between motors"........a quote from Beejay that I agree with.

Try using a controller with a choke.....this can take the edge off the top of the power available.

I use it from time to time when racing......its a bit like gearing your car down.....punch is not the same...just like less volts.

And I achieve a smoother lap !!!! which equals a faster lap!!!!

John

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

So the controller is overriding the characteristics of the motor? Is this good? Shouldnt the controller just supply power to the motor?

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

So the controller is overriding the characteristics of the motor? Is this good? Shouldnt the controller just supply power to the motor?

Hi Aussieslotter

In slotracing there are many variables to control and adjust.

The power supply voltage,the car motor,gear ratio,the tire type,the wheel diameter and width,the track surface type,the cleanliness/rubberiness of that surface and the way we deliver the power to the car.

As a kid when we first got our plywood track made ....to make the car go, I touched a wire on to a screw in the track frame.

Instant full power from the car battery! This crude method did as you say "just supply power to the motor?"

The electronic controller debate has been on here before.

Where I race the fast guys have their own controllers,none of them use resistor type.

Regards

John

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Thanks for the reply, I know theres adjustments on the controller but I just dont think "Electronic controllers get rid of many differences between motors" is cool. I mean you buy different motors because of the differences, or maybe Im missing something, if thats the case I apologise in advance.

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I had a look at your Biefield-Brown antigravity machine. As best as i can make out it uses a corona discharge to ionise the air near the +ve electrode which is usually thin wire. The bottom electrode is then rather large and usually a flat plate, but the plate is at right angles. The electric field is then bent "around a corner". The net result is that you have thrust. As best as I can make out it doesnt work in a vacuum so its not antigravity. Theory is that "particles" called gravitron control gravity much like photons control electromagnetic phenomena. We have good grip of photons, but controlling gravitrons is still no go.

Ive got access to patent seachers at work. I'll have a look at the patents and try and get a better understanding of how it works. Just on patents, did you know that Thomas Edison didnt invent the light bulb. He stole the idea off a Canadian who had invented it a few years earlier but ran out of funding for his invention.

Nicola Tesla thought Edison was a wanker and scientific dinosaur. Tried to convince him that DC power was no good for distribution and AC was the way to go. He should have listened to Tesla. Not too many DC power stations around. Errr none in fact.

Yep I have seen another video that shows it doesn't work in a vacuum so it needs ions from the air surrounding it by the looks . Also said 1amp per gram lift / push ratio I think ?

So when are we gonna run some tin foil around the inside of a slot car body and create some electronic downforce B)

20KV on the car body at 4 amps!! Im not marshalling that sucker if it comes out of the slot :lol:

Chicken :lol: I bet if you did grab it you'd lay a runny brown egg :lol:

20KV on the car body at 4 amps!! Im not marshalling that sucker if it comes out of the slot :lol:

Rick/Rock,

we just supply you with the same gloves, the marshals got at the Grand Prix for the KERS equipped cars.

You will be fine, trust me!!!! :lol::lol:

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche