Calling All Scale Model Car Racers.

Springbok Racer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Jan

Bring it on...

I just love the idea of hard body 1/24 Group C racing !!!

Count me in

:nice: :nice: :nice:

BRING IT ON!!!

i like building them , but nowhere to race them :lol:

Where are you?

5dock

and have a little carrera track in the garage

5dock??? where is that???

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Fantastic Jan

Bring it on...

I just love the idea of hard body 1/24 Group C racing !!!

Count me in

;) :peek: :rofl:

BRING IT ON!!!

i like building them , but nowhere to race them :lol:

Hi guys,

This is what we want to emulate and the cars we want to 'scale' down............... enjoy: :band:

Part 1 http://www.imca-slotracing.com/1982-1993%2...0C%20RACING.htm

Part 2 http://www.imca-slotracing.com/1982-1993%2...20part%20II.htm

Cheers

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Hi guys,

A little rant from me today.

Whilst this forum and some others allow posts from individuals who can hide behind their avatar and or anonymity in their signature, my PM's don't. Please feel free to PM me whenever you want to, but please, add your name to it. I don't believe in ghosts or mystery and will not deal with elements from these areas.

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan & Werner,

I'm interested in your proposal to race in a true national series based on international rules.

However, before I cast my vote:

Without going into extensive detail, perhaps you guys, as subject matter experts, could summarise for those of us who are not familiar with these rules?

For example, what projected level of mods (and associated costs, even rough) are required?

I'm happy to do research by myself, but trawling various sites hoping I guess or chance upon the right info is not appealing.

This information is crucial very helpful for any prospective participant to be able to make an informed decision...

Thanks in advance

Bry

Brian

If you want to be competitive make no mistake you need to purchase the add on's one needs. When the nationals were raced in melbourne last year, we got caught out without the add ons, which meant we just made up the numbers. This can be costly which may be a deterrant to those not willing to spend the $$$. you need to read the fine print in the rules.

However, once you have a fully sorted chassis these cars are fantastic to drive.

To help grow the series you need a base to start from and we here in melbourne are looking to have basic off the shelf chassis in our models and if racers want to progress to the national series once they have experience then thats what they should do.

Stay tuned as we are looking into a series for Mini Z, Nascars, Stockers, group C, Mini's Fj's Historic F1's and can am, raced a mixture of mobile raceays and private venues. We are also looking to host a "fix-it" night at mobile raceways one Friday night to assist chassis set up etc.

A couple of the 1/24th crew that race at mobile raceways have some can am cars and they have got them hooked up real well.

I have found Jan and Werner most helpful in assisting with info as requested. ( however note they are the "factory Boys" and we are the customer boys if you know what i mean

Mark/Brian,

Allow me to jump in quickly and clarify the 'factory boys' concept - Werner is the factory and I am just one of the 'boys'.

Nevertheless, the suggestion of a 'fix-it' night is great. Let me know if you need any help with that and I'll do my best. In the end it all comes down to playing with the settings and comparing one chassis to another. Not all the add-on's always work, but if you don't try you'll never know. Also, what works for one guy, may not always work for another.

My advise is, build two identical chassis, then try to make the one better than the other. Once that's done and proven, develope the slower one again to a level that is better than the other. This way I have found much success over a season with significant improvements coming along the way.

Enjoy and have fun, 2010 is going to be fantastic, so get with the program and learn about these cars as much as you can quickly.

Cheers

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Hi guys,

Thought you'd like to know, this is what is happening in Europe for the 2010 OEPS (part of the WEC) and it's only June 2009, the same is going to happen here.............. let me know your interest, we want to make sure everyone has a chance to drive in the PEC ............

http://www.oeps-info.com/

Cheers

Jan

C',mon you guys are guru's at this. Deserved of "factory" status, but we'll beat you one day. (might be when you are ridden with arthritis, short sighted and about 85 but we will do it) :D

Thanks Mark, I was always hoping that I'll be able to hang in till I'm grey and wrinkled ................ now I have. Don't forget, you taught me how to drive a Fly car .......... :o:angry::rolleyes:

Cheers

Jan

C',mon you guys are guru's at this. Deserved of "factory" status, but we'll beat you one day. (might be when you are ridden with arthritis, short sighted and about 85 but we will do it) :D

Thanks Mark, I was always hoping that I'll be able to hang in till I'm grey and wrinkled ................ now I have. Don't forget, you taught me how to drive a Fly car .......... :o:angry::rolleyes:

Cheers

Jan

Jan you have bypassed grey and moved onto white and still your the fastest I have ever seen. Between you, Simon and Mark I have not seen faster in my life time in any scale. And watch out Jan, that Mark is a fast learner. Good luck to you all at the Nationals.

Glen

Stargate,

If you do not have alot on on Saturday or Sunday arvos our shop is just down the M5 near Campbelltown.

We have pretty much all bits of Plafit in stock now if you need parts and the plafit cars seem to work great on the new track.

We have had a few people down that have spent the arvo at the shop and unfortunatly due to living so far away only manage to come down or up once or twice a month.

When they do come to the shop we try and get our plafit cars out for a crack and some laughs and to share ideas.

I have been lucky in that i have built 5 or 6 plafits of late and i get to muck around with setup ideas as Jan said.

Hi all, at last I have found where I can communicate with you all. I am just getting into using this forum thingie where Jan somehow got hold of me through the "ether".

I would be interested. Any idea where and when you will be holding it and on what type of track?

I have just contacted Kieran Dale, NZ 1/24th champ (all classes), and NZ 1/32nd champ (Gp12 and Open-we are only allowed to race two classes). He has raced IMCA Plaffits once in Belgium by invitation. He sounds keen so please furnish me with as much info about when, where and how many drivers per team etc. so we can sort whether we come over or not. I think we could have a strong representation if the logistics can be sorted. Cheers, Chris

Hi all, at last I have found where I can communicate with you all. I am just getting into using this forum thingie where Jan somehow got hold of me through the "ether".

I would be interested. Any idea where and when you will be holding it and on what type of track?

I have just contacted Kieran Dale, NZ 1/24th champ (all classes), and NZ 1/32nd champ (Gp12 and Open-we are only allowed to race two classes). He has raced IMCA Plaffits once in Belgium by invitation. He sounds keen so please furnish me with as much info about when, where and how many drivers per team etc. so we can sort whether we come over or not. I think we could have a strong representation if the logistics can be sorted. Cheers, Chris

Chris

That is fantastic, I've sent you a PM with some info. But, most of the detail will only be available after I've been to Toronto at the end of July ......... just keep your eye on this forum, Mobile Raceway's http://www.mrslotcar.com.au/race/showthread.php?t=1383 and the World Slotcar Forums http://www.worldslotracing.com/index.php as I will always post on all of them.

To everyone; remember we are partners in the PEC with NZ and Japan - we're just the first to start up in 2010. So for 2010 we will welcome racers and/or teams from these regions and hopefully help them to grow their own domestic series in years to come. Eventually we all need to get to the OEPS/Div1/WEC level where we are currently 10 to 15 years behind. But with input from individuals like Kieran Dale, Tim Tyler and the Auslot guys that have had and is still racing in overseas events of this nature, the top level can be reached by some teams within 2 maybe 3 years. However, unlike Europe (who is now also introducing Div 2 because they've realised the need for new blood) we will continue to race Div 3, but at least Div 2 to always ensure newbees coming thru the ranks and racing together as they do in the 1:1 Le Mans Series.

Bring it on .............. I hear!! :lol:

Cheers

Jan

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Have you had a look at what's happening lately? Just click this link http://www.worldslotracing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 and for some more of the same, just scroll up on this forum and see all about the Australian Plafit Championships (APC) in November at Mobile Raceways. I believe the Japanese will be there too......http://www.mrslotcar.com.au/race/showthread.php?t=1540

Cheers

Jan

Jan, Mark

Andrew has them for sure, I have used one in my 1/24 Group C lexan Porsche 956 and it will also fit my Sauber C9 kit car for the APC very nicely. :rolleyes:

how can we get out hands on them ???

Hi Mark,

If you need anything concerning the APC, please let me know.

Cheers

Werner