knoath

Woodbrook Valley

The decision to add some French doors to the Rumpus room have prompted a deconstruct-reconstruct of the WBV layout.

The track needs to be moved to the other side of the room to allow some reno room, so here are the pics!

Jack and I got stuck in...

P1080015.jpg

P1080018.jpg

P1080020.jpg

P1080022.jpg

The rebuild will consist of a bridge crossover to even up the lanes for racing and add some scenic creativity

P1080024.jpg

The driver's stations were along the track, they will be moved to the new section to allow marshalls a clear area to retrieve any stray cars.

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Glad you've worked out a way to adjust it rather than have to scrap and rebuild.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Nice work dick glad you decide to save the track ;) , its

one of my favorites V32 tracks :D

09022010613-1-1.jpg

RELAX WITH A HOBBY.....................YEAH RIGHT !

sorry for all the suggetions .................................. not !!!!

and why not put some wheels under it too ?

and why not put some wheels under it too ?

Hmmm... would be a job and a half... certainly do-able though. :unsure:

Glad to see its being spared the tip... good choice.

Well, after all the fun you had ripping the 3M tape up, how could I bin it? :lol:;)

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Schuey, I have routed the continuation of the back straight which doubles back on itself and forms a bridge, I had planned to allow a removable section to drop in a 'race day' extension, but as this was in the loop section to return to the lower straight I had problems lining it all up as I had to deal with different levels.

It's a pretty tight loop from the bridge then back under.

Here's an old pic from when I pulled up the track as to what I wanted to do.

P1080024.jpg

So I'm in the middle of routing a new piece that will give me only one join... much smoother and less hassles. The extension wouldn't get used more than 2 or 3 times a year I reckon, so storage and set up was too much of a bother.

I have routed the first pass on one lane last night, so I'm routing the rest today.

Unfortunately when I opened the tin of Ferrodor the other day it had turned to crap... I mustn't have sealed the tin properly last time.(at least a year I reckon)

I can't justify buying another tin for the small amount of track that needs painting, so I might just color match some water based paint and make do.

I used some river rock paint on Jack's rally track which looks really good but might be a tad rough... I can sand it down I s'pose!

I'll get some pics as I go if anyone's interested.

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

There's been a little progress at Woodbrook Valley...

Track paint is Dulux River Rock which came out a little on the blue side... but as my tin of Ferrodor was stuffed I had to guess the color.

The flash used for the following pics make it look worse than it is... but it just needs some rubber layed down! The texture of the River Rock should make short work of that!!!

P1080316.jpg

P1080315.jpg

Just need to paint the white lane and then it's on to laying the braid and wiring up... I need to make new driver's stations too.

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Hey Schuey, so am I now!

After the clean up the missus gave me a hand to add the black curtain to the table which has neatened the whole thing up too. Now the rumpus room actually looks orderly!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

No Phil, I have soaked it in shelite to remove the leftover glue and wiped it all down so it's clean and ready to be re-laid. I will get on to the white lane this arvo, then I should be right to begin laying the braid!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

good save Dick . . . . . I've popped ya back on the chrissy card list laugh.gif

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Track paint is Dulux River Rock

doh.gifshock.gif

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

The grit will sand off quite easy. Would be OK (and rubbers up better) with a coat of low sheen oil or waterbased clear (Hard to find these days). I would use Cabots Cabothane Satin Waterbased Polyurethane if a Low Sheen is not available.

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

I've been trying to come up with a better way of asking this.... :huh: but.... ummmm.... How much length have you lost, Dick? :lol:

:rolleyes: Sorry... I'll behave now.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The grit will sand off quite easy. Would be OK (and rubbers up better) with a coat of low sheen oil or waterbased clear (Hard to find these days). I would use Cabots Cabothane Satin Waterbased Polyurethane if a Low Sheen is not available.

Mel,

you're the expert..

we get a Cabots product over here called Floor clear, or some similar name - tin is in the back shed and it's cold outside.... anyway, it's meant to be the heat, sharp tools, dog, etc proof coat for wooden floors in kitchens and bathrooms.

Water based, pretty easy to apply. I brushed it last time, but might use a foam roller next time if I use it.

Do you still get that over there? thoughts?

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Mel,

you're the expert..

we get a Cabots product over here called Floor clear, or some similar name - tin is in the back shed and it's cold outside.... anyway, it's meant to be the heat, sharp tools, dog, etc proof coat for wooden floors in kitchens and bathrooms.

Water based, pretty easy to apply. I brushed it last time, but might use a foam roller next time if I use it.

Do you still get that over there? thoughts?

Sorry Dick :rolleyes:

Hey Mark, Clear Floor (the old name) is now called CFP Water Based. A self leveling waterbased polyurethane. A foam roller! No! No! No! :o Foam for Oil (turps) based only - it will foam up the surfactants and cause bubbles then burst to leave little craters. We use good quality lambswool pad applicators over here but they are probably under lock and key in NZ. Not sure if Napier has reached the 80's yet but a sister company to Cabots (Intergrain) makes a product called Ultra Floor - similar but better. IMO

OTFS:

The grit will sand off quite easy

Mel, yes it did! The texture is a lot closer to my Ferrodor now... I don't think I'll bother with the clear coat as I'd have to do the Ferrodor too and I honestly can say it doesn't need it.

Anyone who's had a run on my track will tell you it's not as abrasive as some Ferrodor tracks... it's around 50% St. Enoch's - 50% Steel Grey, so there's not a lot of particulate in it. Next time you're down here invite yourself over. ;)

Ember:

How much length have you lost, Dick?
:rolleyes: Here we go with the Dick jokes... if you're fishing for a V32 membership you've made the perfect start!!! :lol:

:unsure: Ummm... only about 4 1/2 feet!!! :blink::lol: The area where the storage shelves were has been removed and the loop section is pretty close in length to the old forest hairpin anyway.

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread