Race Results Dupr 2009

aastes

Well, it has begun.

The track was cleaned a prepped ready for use. Plenty of rubber put down over the passed couple of days so the track was in tip top condition. In general the track is not kind to long wheelbased cars. They just can’t seemed to reach peak performance round the twists and turns. Track record for these cars is 6.84 by a Ninco 997 on standard tyres. Overall track record is 6.45 by a very special BMW Mini. Last years Proxy cars were very fast some getting down to 6.6 seconds.

Each car was given 2 lots of 10 laps to qualify – both times in a random order

The notes below need to be prefaced with the following. I am not a big lover of sheer outright speed so maybe cars that fall into that category could go better when they reach a track that allows them to stretch their collective legs. I much prefer cars with ‘softer’ motors for smoothness but also like the brakes round up hard. So to the track reports

Datto16

Nice smooth car to drive on or near its limit. As I found with all the Astin Martins the car is a rigid as can be. Good acceleration.

Old Slot

Very quick, responsive motor, smooth cornering but perhaps a tad light at the front end, lifted the front cresting the rise. Very good car

Chenglaw

Part of the Mosler bunch. Super smooth, maybe a bit down on power and maybe a bit more rear end grip. Like all the long wheelbased cars it seemed to fishtail a bit. Then again maybe it was the old farts driving.

Tazracer

Nicely put together, very smooth to run, very easy to drive but as will all the Moslers seemed to just lack rear end grip. Strong built car

Slittlehales

Sat nice on the road but was a bit heavy at the front end – sort of felt like it was having to push the guide a bit. Will lap well in race mod

Triggy

Up there with the smoothest cars, which is how I like them. Very solid feel to it. Not the fastest in qualifying but is able to go lap after lap at near its best time so is a race car not a qualifying car. Very nice to drive

Dgrey

Very nice to drive – somewhat like an NC1 on steroids. Plenty of top speed and gets the power down very smoothly. First car to crack the 7 second barrier in qualifying. One to watch.

Haystack

Fast, smooth, forgiving to drive. Again it’s a race car not a qualifying car. Felt like the smoothest gearing of the lot

DavidB

The heaviest, Biggest, most powerful car of the lot. Very solid. If it were not for the fact I know my track is non magnetic I’d swear it had downward traction happening. Once you get use to the motor kicking it felt like it was on rails. It looked and felt more like a 1/24th scale car. Dropped a guide wire after just 1 ½ laps but once fixed it never looked back. Its qualifying time was literally done at what felt like a canter. Top 3 finisher

Manaimmal

Another Astin but felt the lightest of the lot. Bit too much top end for my track so will need longer straights to show its true form. Very free reving motor

Gah5

Very fast in a straight line. Nice a quiet but had a strange handling problem. It didn’t like turning right. Went fine left but just could not get it go right with any speed so lost a lot of time going over the bridge. It also slowed for a lap, then got quicker again. At the end of qualifying the motor felt warm and was a tad smelly. Seem like the soft Slot It brushes will be an issue here. Still a long way to go.

Lenny Broke

Very solid car, plenty of top end plus gets the power down well. Sound great under acceleration. Expect it to do well all series

WizardGM

BRAKES, BRAKES YOU FORGOT THE BRAKES. I had to stop and check the system to ensure the brakes were still working. Very smooth, quiet car but seems loose interest rather than decelerate. Very forgiving to drive but NO BRAKES

Ronan

Once the Ninco hop was dialed out became a very nice car. As mentioned this is not a Mosler track but will go well in the race itself

The Stig

Best car to drive. Goes very fast without giving any grief. Unlucky not to be fastest Qualifyer. Top 3 finish in on the cards

Imkuowl

Light, responsive car. Felt very good to drive and handled the all important bridge section quite well

HomerN13

The real surprise package. The loudest car of the lot. First impressions were not good at all till I looked at the times which were quite simply stunning. Has perhaps the most grip of any car and you car just drive it as hard as you like and it laps it up. Must remember the Ipod for Sundays race

Devious Dave

As always a very nice, consistent performer. Very solid, very smooth. Lapped within a fleas whotsit of its best lap every lap. Up there with the best

BMR

Felt it needed more speed as the time don’t reflect what a good car it is to drive. Maybe the tyres felt soft’ because it had bit of a bouncy ride feel to it

Terry N

Smoothest of the Mosler gang but way over motored. Just could not get to use its undoubted very fast speed. A slower motor would have meant quicker lap times round Woodlands. Just so smooth to drive – would like to see it allowed to go full speed

Hoffy

Light and easy, as in driving, not the food, Easy to get quick lap times out of it but did tend to break out quickly when pushed just that bit harder – a stayer

Sidecar Steve

Nice to drive but again need more room to show its true form

Mexico2000

Drove the S#$@% out of it and it just would not return a quicker time. Suspect there may be an issue with the Fly front wheels being a tad big. Was OK to drive but its capabilities are not reflected on the time sheets

Jaz

Fast, Predictable and solid so overall a good proxy car. Hence will move up during the racing

Rick1776

Nice and smooth as seem all Moslers. Again maybe more rear end grip as the rears felt ‘hard’. Over nicely put together

Nimrod

Very quick, very smooth. Will go much quicker in the hands of a better a driver as I flet I just could not do it justice. Will be a top place getter

Antony

Unfortunately it had its pinion work loose on the second lap – it will be fixed during the week

POS. DRIVER TIME Body Tyres

1st davidb 6.700 Astin Martin Slot It

2nd the Stig 6.710 Supra NSR

3rd homern13 6.760 350Z Ninco

4th dgrey 6.920 McLaren Slot It

5th devious 7.030 Ascari Slot It

6th manmmal 7.030 Astin Martin Ortmanns

7th haystack 7.030 Mosler NSR

8th old slot 7.031 Jaguar MJK

9th chenglaw 7.033 Mosler NSR

10th lenny br 7.080 360 NSR

11th Nimrod 7.080 Megane MJK

12th Inkuowl 7.091 Lamborghini NSR

13th jaz 7.140 lamborghini MJK

14th Rick1776 7.141 Mosler MJK

15th hoffy 7.145 360 MJK

16th ronan 7.150 Mosler Kellys

17th datto16 7.190 astin Martin MJK

18th tazracer 7.199 Saleen MJK

19th triggy 7.200 360 H/M

20th bmr 7.250 350Z MJK

21st terry n 7.265 Mosler MJK

22nd slittleh 7.268 McLaren MJK

23rd wizardgm 7.310 Supra H/M

24th sidercar 7.360 NSX MJK

25th gah5 7.410 Jaguar MJK

26th Mexico2000 7.470 NSX MJK

27th Antony no time

Edited by aastes

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see this competition get underway!

Just a small correction about my Mosler though, it has a set of Kelly's Tru-Grip urethane tyres on the rear and not slot.it tyres as mentioned.

Hopefully it will get faster as things progress!

Take that Taz.... :alcohol: :bday: :D:D:lol::lol:

I'm just happy I wasn't last........ ;)

I knew it wasn't going to be a bullet, I'm hoping for consistancy come race time.... :P

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Well, it has begun.

WizardGM, BRAKES, BRAKES YOU FORGOT THE BRAKES. I had to stop and check the system to ensure the brakes were still working. Very smooth, quiet car but seems to loose interest rather than decelerate. Very forgiving to drive but NO BRAKES

POS. DRIVER TIME Body Tyres

23rd wizardgm 7.310 Supra H/M

I added the tyres so you can all see what works and what doesnt. A quick glance shows that its not an MJK track

:huh: Good to see that the action has started. Good write-up on the cars :clap: .

Well I was never under any illusion that this was going to be easy :lol:

BRAKES, my guess is the tyres - they are urathanes, like MJK's. It had heaps of brakes on the tracks that I tested the car on.

Anyway, it is a long series.

Regards,

Dennis :(

Hey Im the second place rookie :( . That however puts me mid pack :huh: . Well done Homer, carrying the rookie flag real well againt all those seasoned proxy racers.

Sorry rick, your third to homer and Jas, in the rookie standings. :clap:

plus he's new to the hobby in the last 12 months.

Very quick, very smooth. Will go much quicker in the hands of a better a driver as I flet I just could not do it justice. Will be a top place getter

Not a bad effort concidering, i know for a fact that this car was built in under an hour, and only had 4 or 5 minutes testing! :lol:

Edited by espsix

Not a bad effort concidering, i know for a fact that this car was built in under an hour, and only had 4 or 5 minutes testing! :(

Hi Brett,

so , how many cars have you entered this year? :clap: :huh::lol:

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

I've just noticed, this is pretty much formula ninco isn't it? of the seven cars that aren't ninco, 3 are Astons, two are jags, sidecar's nsx and tazracer's saleen makes up the field.oh, and wizards supra, my bad.

says something about which manufacturer to go to for a quick modern gt car......

Edited by manimmal

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Not a bad effort concidering, i know for a fact that this car was built in under an hour, and only had 4 or 5 minutes testing! :huh:

Hi Brett,

so , how many cars have you entered this year? ;):D:lol:

Just the one, in podded class!

and it much quicker than these two!!!! ;)

Not a bad effort concidering, i know for a fact that this car was built in under an hour, and only had 4 or 5 minutes testing! :huh:

Hi Brett,

so , how many cars have you entered this year? ;):D:lol:

:D;);):huh: so it should just scrape in the top 10? :P:lol:

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi Brett,

so , how many cars have you entered this year? ;);):lol:

:D;);):huh: so it should just scrape in the top 10? :P:lol:

Dave.

There's only 19 cars in the field, so atleast you know yours will be in the top 20!! :D:P;):P

I added the tyres so you can all see what works and what doesnt. A quick glance shows that its not an MJK track

Excellent work :lol:

although my tyres are actually MJK not NSR which is probablly why Im out side the top 10

SCR%20logo.jpg