Race Results Dupr 2009

aastes

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Aastes,

I was just thinking (yes dangerous I know). Having the points as a pecentage of the winners is no problem if your running in the podded or non podded as your basing your finishing position against the winner. However combining the podded and nonpodded and ranking everyone together isnt fair. The non podded class is being dominated by Manimmal so everyones percentage will be quite low. Where as the podded class seems to be more even. You could end up with the second placed non podded car completing more laps than the first placed podded car but still be ranked way down lower than second overall.

If you want to lump everyone togther then since we are racing on the same tracks for the same time the "eveyone in together" ranking should be based on total laps not a percentage of the winner. We wont know the overall winner until the final round has been run but that has to be fairer than a percentage of the winner which has the potential to skew a lot of results.

cheers

rick1776

Hey Aastes,

I was just thinking (yes dangerous I know). Having the points as a pecentage of the winners is no problem if your running in the podded or non podded as your basing your finishing position against the winner. However combining the podded and nonpodded and ranking everyone together isnt fair. The non podded class is being dominated by Manimmal so everyones percentage will be quite low. Where as the podded class seems to be more even. You could end up with the second placed non podded car completing more laps than the first placed podded car but still be ranked way down lower than second overall.

If you want to lump everyone togther then since we are racing on the same tracks for the same time the "eveyone in together" ranking should be based on total laps not a percentage of the winner. We wont know the overall winner until the final round has been run but that has to be fairer than a percentage of the winner which has the potential to skew a lot of results.

I understand what you are saying but it was always going to be scored like this else what you have to do is as you suggested count only laps. Counting only laps may cause even more strange happenings as one car may win by just a lap covering 75 laps overall whilst another might win by 2 laps covering 120 odd laps at another track. Counting laps only would mean the car winning by 2 laps would have a lap lead whereas percentage wise this would not be the case.

Even if it were based on laps then Mannimals car would still be way out in front of the non pods. The other option is once tracks have raced both cars THEN work out the percentages - well thats not gunna happen cos that would make all the first 5 rounds results meaningless. Plus based ONLY on Woodlands 10 of the top 12 cars were podded which would have marked all non podded cars down in the overall scores Hence results are based on how cars perform within its group

I have no doubts next year will be a smaller field and one group

Edited by aastes

The results will only make sence after both podded and nonpodded have completed 10 rounds as that means they will have all raced on each track once.

Does this mean you read my reply or you didnt read my reply ???? I only posted the combined results from Woodlands to see hwo meach class compaired

I should also have said that in any multi-class series each class normally gets the same points regardless of when the class winner finishes overall. Points are always awarded compaired to other cars in the same class.

Also

It should be remembered that at the first round Mannimals car didnt suit the track whereas Homers did since then Mannimals has basically conquered all before it whereas Homers has drifted down the pack to be currently sitting mid pack and dropping backwards based on qualifying for the next round

It should also be noted that if it were based soley on laps you would currently be over 24 laps behind the class leader at the half way mark rather than the 19 points based on percentage ie numerically further behind

Other things that may impact are

Were the same drivers used for both classes

Were the track conditions the same - Was the track really as clean or as grippy when the second class raced

ie introducing variables into a constant can only mean variable results

Also penalities would be difficult as its easy to deduct 25% whereas if you said 25 laps then at the track where only 90 laps make up full distance would have a greater effect than say as at the last round where the winner covered over 159 laps

Edited by aastes

Is a conundrum. As it stands the way the points are done is absolutely the best way. As if you are counting laps what if a track host inadvertantly makes one round a different heat time to the other series? What if a track host becomes ill and can't host a round after hosting the other series and a new track needs to be found? Perhaps at the end of the series when all the cars have run on all the tracks and they were all run with the same heat times on the same tracks you could extrapolate all the laps. Seems like a lot of hassle though and probably wouldnt make any difference anyway.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Is a conundrum. As it stands the way the points are done is absolutely the best way. As if you are counting laps what if a track host inadvertantly makes one round a different heat time to the other series? What if a track host becomes ill and can't host a round after hosting the other series and a new track needs to be found? Perhaps at the end of the series when all the cars have run on all the tracks and they were all run with the same heat times on the same tracks you could extrapolate all the laps. Seems like a lot of hassle though and probably wouldnt make any difference anyway.

correct

Does anybody want a copy of the excel file where all the rsults are calculated so they can cross check. Have been advised this might be a good idea. Its in Excel 2007 and runs macros so you will need that to run it. It does not open correctly in lower versions of Excel ( thanks to Mr Gates)

If you do want copy please email

DUPR2009@startline.net.au

• 3 weeks later...
Has the lap or heat score problem been resolved.some how?

If so could we please be told how it was resolved?

Numbers used were those supplied and published

It is not a programme I have used so suggest someone somewhere confirm results from round 7 Podded please

Looking at the Non-Podded standings to-date, I don't think anyone can catch Manimmal. He's got too big a lead and we're running out of races (only 3 left) to make up the deficit. Even Hoffy in second place needs to make up an average of 8 points per race to overtake Manimmal and that's a H-U-G-E task! I think the best most of us can hope for is to scrap for the remaining podium places. :( Unless a miracle happens, and the Aston 007 is dropped on the floor and someone accidentally steps on it. :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.