New Slot Room

knoath

imugford, the gap is 2400, the first door I got was 2400, BUT ( :D:D ) there is a strengthening rib that runs around the entire frame adding 50mm in height and width, so it wouldn't go in!

Had to return it and get the 2100!

There's a 300mm wide cement sheet to fill in. (No pic of that...)

Syd, as KarKraft has added ( :D thanks for the chuckle mate!!) I am swinging towards a scenic track, but it'll still be quick enough to race on.

I'll start a new thread when I begin the build.

Mark, thanks mate! I'll let the 'Holier than Thou' know!

The missus was very happy with the way it turned out. A bit apprehensive at the start (She couldn't see the finished picture in her mind's eye), but I even got a "Good job, love!" from her!!!!

The planets must be lined up right.... :lol:

Thanks for looking!

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imugford, the gap is 2400, the first door I got was 2400, BUT ( :clap: :redbounce: ) there is a strengthening rib that runs around the entire frame adding 50mm in height and width, so it wouldn't go in!

thats the nailing fin or center fin. can be removed... we do a few at work without the fin but a bit late for that idea

• 2 weeks later...
That room looks mint. Some old tin signs on that iron sheeting would do the trick. All you need is another track to fill it up and a bar in the corner to store the beverages.

Thanks GTR XU-1..., speaking of a bar, the missus has asked me to build one before I begin the track. She knows how long I took to build the last one!!! :unsure:

Will be looking at a slab of timber for the bar top tomorrow.

Waiting for the tin signs to roll up... they're in the mail. ;)

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

• 2 weeks later...

A small progress update.

The tin signs arrived and I have put them up on the corrugated wall.

Some framed jigsaws too.

Picsonwall1.jpg

tinsigns1.jpg

I hope to begin the tables for the track this week.

I'm doing daily runs into the city to take Mum in to see the Old Man... he had to have a bleed on the brain taken care of.

It's been a busy week.... not much time for the room, but there's been more important things to take care of.

Hope to update soon.

Cheers, thanks for looking.

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

That's looking fantastic mate, going to be a great place for racing :lol: , your giving me idea's now :( .

Just yell out if ya need a hand with the new track, im pretty sure i know what not to do now... :huh:

Hope your Dad is ok and recover's soon.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Thanks for the well wishes RE Dad!

He's home now after surgery on Friday! Amazing.

I need to get my hands on some MDF sheets so I can draw the track out full scale.

Once I've done that I'll build the tables to suit. I don't want to build the tables while guessing the actual footprint of the track.

I 'spose I'm tackling this one Luff style... track first, supports to suit.

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Dad's fully recovered (except for being allowed to drive, which is eating at him!) so I thank all of you who wished him well.

Not much to update, it was my turn to be hospitalised this week... (snip, snip!! :D:) )

I'm hoping to get a hold of a trailer as I've located some MDF sheets 3600x1800mm fairly cheap, but I've got a feeling they're gunna be seconds, so I gotta check that out.

Otherwise I'll grab some 2400x1200mm sheets and make a start Saturday (I hope)

I hate looking at the empty room.

I made some scenery stuff yesterday, dyed some MDF dust in green, sand, light brown, soil brown and red earth.

It's the first time I've used MDF dust, so I don't know how it'll turn out.

I have only used saw dust on my last track for grass.

I hope to get some faux fur today to try KarKraft's grass idea.

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Dad's fully recovered (except for being allowed to drive, which is eating at him!) so I thank all of you who wished him well.

Not much to update, it was my turn to be hospitalised this week... (snip, snip!! :( :) )

I'm hoping to get a hold of a trailer as I've located some MDF sheets 3600x1800mm fairly cheap, but I've got a feeling they're gunna be seconds, so I gotta check that out.

Dick

Fantastic new's Dick, good to hear :D .

SNIP SNIP :D What no more ? your gunna have a 3 lane track, you need 3 kid's, them racing and Dick running around marshalling :D

Umm i have 4 lane's :(

Looking foward to seeing the track progress and plenty of pic's

Good luck.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Not much to update, it was my turn to be hospitalised this week... (snip, snip!! :D:) )

I made some scenery stuff yesterday, dyed some MDF dust in green, sand, light brown, soil brown and red earth.

Dick

Good news knoath. I tried the mdf dut and I didnt like it. It seems to much like cotton, not very natural looking. Just my 2 cents!

Dick

Good news knoath. I tried the mdf dust and I didnt like it. It seems too much like cotton, not very natural looking. Just my 2 cents!

You will have to let me know what you think of using the MDF dust.

I save a bucket of the stuff when I was cutting and routing just in case but I was hoping to go outside and get real limestone and red dust for most of my track resulting in only needing to worry about grass and weeds.

I will definately be looking at the faux fur idea also as longish grass is exactly what I need.

Well, I picked up two sheets of MDF.

3600x1800 and 2400x1800, 9mm... and a large shelf unit perfect for storing slot cars $60 the lot!!

Waiting for the missus to get home to help lift it off the trailer... I ain't gunna do it by myself!!!!

Got a piece of the 'faux fur' to try the long grass as per KarKaraft... but I fear I should have got a lighter color now... we'll see how it turns out.

Phil, I grabbed a bucket of 'dust' from a local cabinet maker, I suspect its MDF and Chipboard and whatever else he'd been cutting!?

Just sieved it into the bowl as I needed it.

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread