356speedster

Scx Classic Rally Proxy Invite Track Hosts

scx_heading_320.jpg

The SCX Classic Rally Proxy 2009 are inviting track hosts.

Information about the SCX CRP can be found here: http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8858 and on the sign-up webpage here: http://scx.proxyracing.com

The SCX CRP is a proxy series for SCX classic rally cars where the car builders (owners) tune their cars and ship them off to compete on different tracks around the world (just like in the real WRC). We are now looking for more tracks where the cars can compete, and would like to get applications from the following regions:

- UK (2 tracks)

- Western Europe (1-2 tracks)

- Australia (2-3 tracks)

- USA or Canada (2-3 tracks)

Who can become a track host?

Slotcar Clubs, a group of friends or a single "home track" owner. Basically anyone who owns a suitable track (check requirements below) and are willing to spend 2-3 evenings driving, photographing and reviewing cars in the autumn/winter 2009 can apply to become a track host for the SCX CRP.

The person applying must have experience with repairing and tuning non-magnet slot cars, have equipment to take photographs and/or video and knowledge on how to post images and information on the forum. You should also have a PayPal account.

Track requirements:

Any analogue slotcar track for 1/32 scale cars like SCX, Ninco, Carrera, Scalextric, etc.., but also home made wood tracks and commercial style club tracks are welcome to apply.

We are looking for tracks with:

- Permanent layout

- Good equipment (solid PSU, good controller, timing system accurate to 1/10 or better).

- Scenery, the more the better

- Road, hill-climb, rally or similar styled "themes".

- A road surface that works OK with stock tires and no magnets.

Can I drive the cars myself?

Yes, the "rally format" is to drive one and one car against the clock (Time Trial), so a single person can be the track host and the one and only driver for a whole event. This is referred to as being a "single host". Groups and clubs can also do the driving with several drivers to complete the event in a shorter time period. There is more info about the racing format here and also in the rules. Track hosts will get guidance on how to conduct the event.

What does it cost to be a track host?

Noting, there are no expenses involved in being a track host except for the time and effort you put into it and a trip to the post office to receive and send the package with the cars. The organizer will cover the shipping cost of sending off the package to the next track.

How much work will it be?

Depending on how many cars there will be entered the 3 different classes will either be racing together at each event, or split up so one event only drive one class at the time. This will be agreed upon between the track host and the organizer dependent on how much work the track host is willing to do. As a guideline there has been set a rough limit of 20-25 cars for each event, which a single host can mange over 2-3 evenings if he spends about 2 hours each evening. A club or group of friends will spend much less time, and could manage an event in one day.

Why should I apply to be a track host?

Being a track host gives you an opportunity to drive some of the best tuned no-mag cars in the world! We have car builders entering cars from England, Ireland, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Bahrain, Australia and the USA. Since this is a rally which appeals to scenic home made tracks, you also get a great opportunity show off your track and work by reporting from the event with info and pictures/video. These reports will be distributed in the forums on SCX World Wide, Slot Forum (UK), Slotcar Illustrated (USA) and Auslot (Australia).

There is also a carrot for the track hosts. The organizer will reward every host with a little surprise, and there will also be a contest for the "best rally of the year" where readers on the forums vote for the best track/reports. The prizes are sponsored by SCX so expect some new SCX cars to enter the prize pot :peek:

How do I apply?

To apply as a track host, simply post your interest here in this thread with a little info about your track (type, length, voltage) and when it could suit your schedule to do an event. A picture of the track would also be great.

I hope this covers the basics of being a track host, if not then do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards

356speedster

SCX CRP organizer

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

I'll put my hand up

35 mtr purpose built routed rally track, been up and running in one form or another since 2002

Track2-3.jpg

Track3-1.jpg

Track4-2.jpg

Track1-7.jpg

th_CraigPeugeotMyTrack.jpg

34 corners and bends some with neg camber, bridge, jump and crossover, longest straight section 2 x 2.4 mtr straights

Plus plenty of trees, walls and rocks for slippery cars to hit

Voltage will be either 11 or 12 volts (variable power supply) lower voltage makes the SCX cars more drivable on the tight track

Surface ... Polyurethane paving paint

Timing ..... SRM 2.40

When? ........ any time, I don't have a life ...... send them over i'll fit it in some where!

Track link

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That is great Gary, I'm writing it down on the preliminary schedule.

We now have events (track hosts) in the following countries:

Norway 1: Road, tarmac

Norway 2: Rally loop, dirt/snow

Denmark: Hill climb, combined tarmac/gravel/dirt

Germany: Road, tarmac, (club)

France: Road, tarmac

USA 1: Road, tarmac

USA 2: Hill climb, tarmac, (club) unconfirmed

Australia: Rally track, gravel

tarmac/gravel = painted

dirt/snow = loose surface (flour, etc..)

Would be even better if we could add one or more Australian tracks on the list.

Have a nice day

356speedster

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

I'll put my hand up. 60m routed purpose built rally X track Tarmac/gravel.

Currently 70% completed

Pic of the model

MtPanoramaModel.jpg

Existing tracks - example of track surfaces etc

100_6355.jpg

09Stage2043.jpg

09Stage2104.jpg

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Holy flippin' gobsmack... what is the laptime on that beast? 30 - 40 seconds?

I'm writing down this track too. I'll come back for more details in a few days, then we can start to work on a schedule, etc..

Thanks for offering up your tracks guys, the AUS events will be very exiting.

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

Now you've done it Mel

No more site seeing around Australia, you've got to finish it now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:( ;)

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Hey guys this is Minto Rally Park in Oz that I will put up for the SCX Rally Proxy if needed .It's a braided 15.2 mtr gravel /tarmac track that is reasonably new.We recently run the Down under Proxy Rally on it successfully. It's a little subdued from my last track. This circuit is able to be run as the above pic or in an extended form which we are building soon.

Timing : SRM 2.40

Surface : As Gazza's ,Polyurethane and Ferradore as the tarmac

Power supply is variable

Hope to get a look in. :angry:

Cheers Craig

MintoRallyPark2008Ver01.jpg

MintoRallyParkLayout2.jpg

MintoRallyParkLayout1.jpg

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

That's great Craig, I'll get your track into the schedule :angry:

But after this one I'm gonna have to "put on the brakes", at least until I get control over the schedule and shipping cost between the now 11 tracks that have offered to host.

Are any of these 3 tracks close to each other in Sydney? Would be great if we could save both time and shipping cost by getting the cars delivered directly between some tracks, then we might even manage one more Australian track.

I still need a few days before starting to schedule dates, so I'll get back to this over the weekend.

Thanks.

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

All three Aussie tracks are in the Sydney area, about 30 min driving time to each

It's only fair, as the WRC comes to NSW this September

And NSW is the routed track capital of Australia

Gary

All three Aussie tracks are in the Sydney area, about 30 min driving time to each

And NSW is the routed track capital of Australia

are you sure that's not rooted Gazz??????

Don't think Boggy is in NSW any more - is it Gaz?

Speedster,

I will second the nominations of the 3 Aussie (Sydney ) tracks as hosts. 2 out of 3 have hosted Ausproxy rallies this season and done a great job on running and

reporting on the event. (The 3rd track isn't quite finished yet)

Triggy... ( back marker in the current Ausproxy rally series.. (Only cos I'm stubborn and stuck with an SCX)

Normal people worry me

Thanks for the info Triggy.

If you already are into tuning SCX rally cars, why not enter one in the SCX CRP? :rolleyes:

To all hosts:

There has been made a draft of the schedule, but since the cars first will run through Europe and then to USA before they are coming to Australia, I think it's better if I make the adjustments to the European and American schedules first, and when those dates are fixed, I will know when the cars can be shipped to Sydney.

If we manage to keep the schedule tight the cars may come to Australia in November, but December or January are probably more realistic.

You may agree the order of the Australian events yourselves, but the last host must ship the cars to Norway, so it might be an advantage if that person has some knowledge about international shipping. No requirement though.

BTW: if the tracks are within 30 Min's of each other could we manage to agree on how to get the cars delivered between the tracks without using the postal system? That way we may be able to run the events every week instead of every second week. Using a city Currier might be an option if nobody wants to make the delivery themselves. If anyone wants to do the delivery I will offer a compensation of some sort ;)

g'day

356speedster

SCX CRP organizer

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

Actually the WRC is in Norway right now! http://www.rallynorway.com/en/

Unfortunately I have not had the chance to see any stages this year, but at least our local hero and former Subaru driver Petter Solberg managed to get his own private team and new car ready for the event, but his older brother, Henning Solberg" has been kicking his ass all weekend :rolleyes:

But as usual, Loeb is leading the pack.

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

BTW: if the tracks are within 30 Min's of each other could we manage to agree on how to get the cars delivered between the tracks without using the postal system? That way we may be able to run the events every week instead of every second week. Using a city Currier might be an option if nobody wants to make the delivery themselves. If anyone wants to do the delivery I will offer a compensation of some sort ;)

g'day

356speedster

SCX CRP organizer

Already organized

The three of us race in a group once a month plus we were going to help out with marshaling at each others track anyway.

December and January are our summer months and if it's anything like this summer ...... 40c +, no problem makes for good traction on a very sticky track

Gary

Try this link: http://scx.proxyracing.com/?channel=tracks

Or this link to see all the details: http://proxyracing.com/schedule.html

As you can see the cars will be shipped from Canada late November and the Australian rounds have been scheduled for January.

The schedule is open for adjustments, so since the Australian rounds are the last "continent" before the final and since all 3 tracks are in Sydney I will leave it up to the Australian hosts to decide when they want to run the events. Maybe there will be time for an event or two in December before the Christmas holidays. It depends on how we manage to keep to the schedule in Europe/USA/Canada.

356speedster

SCX CRP organizer

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

No problem ........ we'll work something out!

It just comes out without trying :lol: :nice:

Looks like a good range of tracks in there, should be a good series, I'm lookin forward to it...........

I'd love to host a round but I'm in the early stages of building a rally track here at home & while I'd love to think that it will be finished this year it's not something i can say 100%.....

Still I look forward to hosting a round sometime in the not too distant future........

I Miss Brocky...

We have been missing a UK event on the schedule, so when I where approached by Malcolm at Wolverhampton Scalextric & Slot Car Club ("wolves") I decided to try to make space for a UK event. "Wolves" is a busy slotcar club, but thanks to Bruno (LanciaB) who willingly agreed to change his race weekend, we have now included the UK event into the schedule.

(click on image to find the full version on the signup page)

schedule.gif

The members at Wolves will race the cars through different stages on three different tracks.

INTERNATIONAL TRACK:

4 lane 100ft (33m)

sandtex surface

copper tape

slotmaster control

13.7v, 25amp

wolves_international.jpg

RALLY TRACK - BLAKELEY GREEN CIRCUIT:

Demountable,1 lane 30ft (10m)

fine textured surface

routed, aluminium tape

12v, 5amp

wolves_blakeley.jpg

RALLY TRACK - ORLETON PARK:

Demountable,1 lane 30ft (10m)

fine textured surface

routed, coppertape

12v, 5amp

wolves_orleton.jpg

Check out their website for more pics of the tracks.

They have also entered 3 more cars into the series, a Fiat 124, Ferrari GTO and finally the first Lancia Delta S4 !!!

wolves_s4.jpg

Thanks to Malcolm and the others at Wolves for offering to host the UK round for us, I'm sure it will be a very fun weekend :o

356speedster

Organizer

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

Now you've done it Mel

No more site seeing around Australia, you've got to finish it now laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That's why I just cruised around the Baltic and Mediterranean. Back in time to run the last two 2018 rounds.

Edited by Ontheflipside

Ummm saw this tag and thought yippee at last back to a good rally class of car, alas then reality clicked in 2009 , it's a hoax oh well back to the doldrums again :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: