New 6 Laner. Mdf Routed, Magnabraid

waytofast

Absolutely awesome Steve. Brilliant job. God I love that last photo in particular .... the low angle shot of all those cars reminds me why I am loving slots so much!!

P.S. I don't have many cars yet but one of the ones I do have is that same Skyline as you and I love it ... goes great.

Cheers

Ken

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi ken, the nissan is one of my favourites too. i have over 300 cars. 250 still in their boxes. just love collecting aswel.

dangermouse. i took some videos, but wouldnt have a clue how to upload them. any advice would be welcome.

thanks for your positive comments people. im pretty happy with this track, considering i dont have a great deal of ability.

steve.

How did you apply the Ferrodore ? (Steel Grey?) Did you mask the braid?

It looks as though you rolled the first coat, brushed the second?

Nicely finished Steve, will you hang a curtain all round when it's in the shop?

Best of luck with the shop, more success to you mate!

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

hi dick.

masking tape wouldnt stick to the braid so i had to use a small brush to paint alonside the braid on each lane, then use a larger brush to finish off.

this was the most time consuming part of making the track.

chequered curtain will be hung around it.

thanks for postive comments re the shop.

not the best economic times to try, but ya never know till ya have a go.

steve

dangermouse. i took some videos, but wouldnt have a clue how to upload them. any advice would be welcome.

thanks for your positive comments people. im pretty happy with this track, considering i dont have a great deal of ability.

steve.

Hi Steve

re videos if they are the kind taken with a digital camera -then upload them to photobucket or youtube and then insert them into a message the same way you do a photo.

not sure if photobucket movies can be embedded so they play in the message - you can easily create a link to them however

youtube videos can be embedded so they play in the message...

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

That's beaut Steve.

Tell me, how did the side-cut witdth work out for the magnabraid, it LOOKS just right in the pictures. I know magnabraid is a fraction narrower than standard "1/4" tinned copper; so could the bit have been say 18mm instead of 19...any alterations suggested?

When do we get to see the design for the next one [notice I didn't say "other one"] - I smell track-building obsession in the air.....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

thanks dick, i am pretty happy with it. such a great feeling to work on it for 3 weeks, then power it up and bring it to life.

hi mark.

your recess bit was perfect. the 19mm size was just right. left just enough space so the guide blade is not touching the braid.

i do have some ideas for the next 6 laner, but i wont know which one i will go for just yet.

i will be dismantling this track in the next week to give me back the garage space.

then i draw my lifesize designs with chalk on the garage floor. this gives a better 1:1 perspective on size and design layout.

if the design looks crap, i simply sweep away the chalk and start again.

steve

..........then i draw my lifesize designs with chalk on the garage floor. this gives a better 1:1 perspective on size and design layout.

if the design looks crap, i simply sweep away the chalk and start again.

steve

Now that IS a clever idea, never thought about doing that before

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Two comments Steve, Tiger Milk is a must when you condition/clean the braid, it stops arcing and prolongs the life of the braid indefinitly...

Second next video please include faces, not just legs.... :nice: I want to see how grey the Canberra boys are getting without me there to bail them out.... :lol:

here's another video from another angle.

sorry cliffy, you may recognise bb's chicken legs, chris is next to him and jorgo is marshelling on the corner. rick is somewhere there with warren, the rest are 12 month newbies.

where do i get the tiger milk?? i was gonna just use shellite.

th_DSCN3217.jpg

Only supply of Tiger Milk now days that I know of is: Mura # M3304, TIGER Milk.

A few of us guys on this Forum used to be members of a private DL called TMAS: Tiger Milk Appreciation Society!

It was very popular in the sixties for braids,comms and even on bearings.

Only supply of Tiger Milk now days that I know of is: Mura # M3304, TIGER Milk.

A few of us guys on this Forum used to be members of a private DL called TMAS: Tiger Milk Appreciation Society!

It was very popular in the sixties for braids,comms and even on bearings.

Do you sell it Phil? I'd love to joing the TMAS....

• 4 years later...