Sign in to follow this  
beastm

Blandford Park Raceway

Assorted pictures of my new track built over 2-3 weeks. still some scenery to be finalised. Base is 12 mm MDf, with Ferodor painted for the surface. 100 mm centres, with copper braid. Does the trick for me. ( until the next one) :)

2009various046.jpg

2009various044.jpg

2009various035.jpg

2009various036.jpg

2009various038.jpg

2009various045.jpg

2009various048.jpg

The quiet achiever huh? Nice job Mark. Did you end up brushing or rolling the Ferrodore?

Regards

Rob

Yeah let Dave take the heat for the last couple of weeks, As for painting, used both, took a bit each way

Edited by beastm

That's a huge difference to the old track Mark!

You've gotten more done in a month than I have been able to do in three!!!!!

What size braid have you used.... what method did you use for rebating for the braid? (All in one pass... or slot first, rebate second?)

Would love a drive on this one!!!

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Looks Great Mark.

Should be a treat to drive on. :)

Lets twist again ,like we did last summer,

Now that's a big change from the previous track. :P

:) A few week's ago i say this on the floor as a couple of board's with pencil line's. Geez that's got to be the quickest track build with scenery completed i have seen.

Look's fantastic Mark :P

Now you gotta share the secret on how to do scenery that quik and effective.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

With the scenery i just use the foam filler , then i use the woodlands plaster rolls which i cut at various lengths wack em on and they dry overnight. I did get a bit lazy with some of the grass, i used the rolls and just added some colour so it did not look so bland. The trees i already had etc. then i purchased acrylic water based tubes of paint from bunnings (from the craft section $2.50 each) , various colours which i just squeezed out onto the area i wanted to paint (all at once) mixed it in and just painted. If i thought it was too dark i just mixed in more yellow or white. Still have a little more to do, but i just wanted to get it to this point. I routed the slot first, use cans of tamiya spray to mark to lanes and after that i then used the rebate. At first i was concerned with the grip, but after more use its coming on nicely. I tested with a SCX ferrari and same controller, on all lanes and there was a timing difference of .035 between all lanes which i thought was pretty good. Fastest lap so far approx 6.5 seconds. I would say the average lap time will be between 6.8 and 7 sec,

hi beastm.

there is one thing i dont like about your track. and that is, its not in MY garage.

awesome job, looks fantastic, you must be proud of it.

im in the process of building a 6 laner, i want to use braid and i have never laid braid b4.

got any tips. ie. glued or 2 sided tape, who much tension when laying it down.

what size braid and was the recess bit the same as the one on ebay from a guy in canada.

sorry for all the questions, but i would value your input.

cheers, steve

You can stop and get some sleep now - you obviously haven't for about 3 weeks......

That IS a lightning build, let alone with scenery included.... and I love some of the that old tin you have there, what is that No. 140 car?

Edited by SlotsNZ

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

You can stop and get some sleep now - you obviously haven't for about 3 weeks......

That IS a lightning build, let alone with scenery included.... and I love some of the that old tin you have there, what is that No. 140 car?

OMG Mark that's way good. A Mebourne trip may be on the cards a little earlier than I thought. Just one question along the lines of NZ's is, in the same photo as he mentioned with car 140, are they Slot Classic cars?

Keep up the amazing work fella,

Perro

looks really good Mark, seems to have a nice flow to it. if it's anything like the last one to drive i'll be a big fan.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

That looks the business beastman!! I'm a sucker for the #140 car too - what is it?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

That looks the business beastman!! I'm a sucker for the #140 car too - what is it?

BMW 507 Monte Carlo Rally 1961 by proto from pendle