Arlington Park Raceway

26 replies to this topic

#21 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

KarKraft :- hadn't thought of that but that isn't a big issue, I went the figure 8 cause I wanted a tunnel / bridge and some elevation changes and I couldn't come up with a better track plan (I based it on Paramount Ranch plan)
Of course the added bonus of uneven lap length is it might give me the edge over my son if he has to drive further - :P

will do some thinking maybe it is back to plan A - a twisting rally track around the outside with an wavy straight along the wall

sort of off topic - but have you seen Tortilla Flats track on SCI - wish I had seen that before I built my track - I love what he has done with the two levels of his track and he has awesome scenery :rolleyes:

SlotsNZ - might have to ask Sax if he has any clearance troubles on his track - I did have a banked curve on my Carrera track and I recall some cars scraped on the inside...wasn't planning to go that steep though...

cheers for the thoughts
thanks
DM

Edited by dangermouse, 22 June 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#22 gzminiz

Newb slotter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

View Postdangermouse, on Mar 12 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

sort of off topic - but have you seen Tortilla Flats track on SCI - wish I had seen that before I built my track - I love what he has done with the two levels of his track and he has awesome scenery :rolleyes:
Do you have a link? I would be curious to see. tortilla flats is an actual town in arizona (where i am from). Lots of twisties, well known motorcycle ride I used to go on out there.

Map of tortilla flat

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sou...mp;t=h&z=16

Edited by gzminiz, 13 March 2009 - 08:32 AM.

#23 knoath

Formula 3 Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

SlotsNZ - might have to ask Sax if he has any clearance troubles on his track - I did have a banked curve on my Carrera track and I recall some cars scraped on the inside...wasn't planning to go that steep though...

DM, I have had a run on matt's track and can tell you there's absolutely no clearance issues... the banking finishes (correct me if I'm wrong Matt) about 350mm before the bridge - which has plenty of height anyway - and the cars have no chance of scraping.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Cheers,
Dick

SCMR build thread
Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

#24 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

Forgot to post the link to Torilla Flat

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/f...hlight=tortilla
sorry
cheers
DM

#25 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Found a better link to Tortilla Flat
http://homeracingwor...160#reply-90160

cheers
DM

#26 Dan

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hey DM tortilla flats looks wild...is this the look you are going for with your scenery.??

#27 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hey Dan, scenery is currently stalled - mainly because I am thinking of making a new track - I really enjoy the rally track videos so I am considering whether to now make a big rally track (I have 6.5m x 1.4m to work in) or a 2 lane + rally track (I only have 4 rally cars :))

when I do get into it I am planning on using Tortilla Flats as a source of inspiration :)

cheers
DM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users