Sign in to follow this  
waytofast

My Track In Canberra

stevestrack.jpg

lockandgazb.jpg

hi everybody. thought i would share a pic of my first attempt at a routed track.

lane lengths. red- 10.75 mtrs, yellow-10.25.

base is 4100x1000. limited space prevented me going bigger. the good thing about my track is, only one marshal is needed at each end.

track is painted with solarguard with grit added. grip works fine.

computer timing and dick smith variable voltage.

i have no landscaping skills at all. i used expanda foam, trimmed and painted to look like rock. turns out they look more like elephant turds.

my son and 4 year old grandson enjoy it very much.

im a slotcar tragic and would welcome a commercial slotcar shop in canberra.

cheers, steve

Nice work Steve, the rocks look pretty good, I was impressed when I saw them in the first picture - then I laughed when I read your description :lol:

nice collection around the walls!

cheers

DM

Nice work and good use of the space. Yes I know you tell every one you build it for the grand kids!!! :lol:

If you want to improve the "turds" you can simply cover them with paper hand towel soaked in plaster amd repaint. It make a big diferance and is not hard to do.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hey Steve ,Great effort for the first attempt.Little bloke looks as his enjoying himself. Dont knock the old expander foam ,the guy who invented it is a genius. I use it where I can on my rally tracks .Looks like your into AFX from the cars on the wall or are they what you have progressed from :lol: .

I have a 3/4 garage and and I'm limited with space as well.You just have to lay the track you feel is best for the space .Good thing with MDF if you not happy with it just bog over it ,but not too many times.Again great effort.Keep the the young bloke interested.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

stevestrack.jpg

lockandgazb.jpg

hi everybody. thought i would share a pic of my first attempt at a routed track.

base is 4100x1000. limited space prevented me going bigger. the good thing about my track is, only one marshal is needed at each end.

i have no landscaping skills at all. i used expanda foam, trimmed and painted to look like rock. turns out they look more like elephant turds.

cheers, steve

Hey not fair when does the young bloke get a decent controller??????

hi fellas,

thanks for the comments. i have added a few more pics. one of the room i built on the back of the garage and the other two are pics of my collection of slotties.

i started collecting diecast cars years ago, had over 4000. then i saw a scalextric marcos ambrose ford. i thought the detail was nearly as good as diecast, but it also had a motor in it and could be raced, not just sit in a display cabinet.

that was the turning point for me, sold a lot of my diecast collection and spent the proceeds on slotcars.

have about 280 slots, but adding to that amount quite regularly. i didnt count the afx cars, there just for wallpaper.

i dont unerstand it, last night i posted the pics no problem. just did the same thing now, and i says i have entered a link not allowed by the administrator.

i tried 3 times but it wont allow my new pics. better go do a few laps before get the sh#ts

cheers, steve

Um, Steve, you own one :P ...................Elephant turds :(

Steve

Love what you did with the slotcar room & track setup. Very nice collection of cars by the way, great to see a large variety of models and makes

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Nice job Steve. Great collection, do you race with either of the Canberra Clubs?

hi cliff, yes i do race with the boys on the southside. we had our first meet for this season last night.

i have heard them speak of you. (nothing to bad)

they said you were keen on a shop in canberra. pity you werent still here, i would go into it with you.

stevestrack.jpg

lockandgazb.jpg

cheers, steve

Allright..... now I see what cars you're into. Great routed track...Steve. It goes without saying that all good tracks should have at least one long straight. Just looking at all those photos of yours, how I wish I had the space to do the same. While my room is 'decoraded' with slot cars (no way of hiding being a 'slot nut') many are stored away in boxes and so I rotate them on display from time to time for my pleasure. cheers Roman