lavenlaar

Accommodation In Victoria

I may be down for a few days from tue/wed, and looking for some cheap motels/caravan parks etc around the Dandenong / to Yarra Valley region.

Can anyone from around there recommend me somewhere.

I know of Motel Formule1 but there is 4 of us. so it will be a squish of a night.

Brendan

I may be down for a few days from tue/wed, and looking for some cheap motels/caravan parks etc around the Dandenong / to Yarra Valley region.

Can anyone from around there recommend me somewhere.

I know of Motel Formule1 but there is 4 of us. so it will be a squish of a night.

Brendan

Where are you headed for Brendan - I'll lkook some places up

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

ive gotta go yarra . but would like to see the capital city of Mexico. so anywhere around the dandenong areas - so not so far to the vineyards or the city.

To the Yarra Valley?

Look around Lilydale or Ringwood perhaps. Dandenong is too far the wrong way. at least you'll be on the right highway.

Midweek it's almost worth calling places in Yarra Glen or Healesville.

Do you know exactly where it is you're going to be? the Yarra Valley is big and Mt Dandenong is nowhere need Dandenong - I donb't think you can even see it from Dandy!!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

i was thinking half way-ish... but going to Sticks in the yarra (yarra glen) So that way its only 30k odd to the city and 30k odd to YV ... that way im not stuck in the valley and can actually get around melb without a 1hr + drive to the hotel ... thats why i was saying Dandenong .

surely there is more mexicans here other than the Chihuahua himself ... lol

The Formule1 motel you are talking of is the one on Sydney Rd, Fawkner? (17 kms north of Melb)

If so, it's right on the intersection of Sydney Rd (runs South, straight into the guts of the city) and the Metropolitan Ring Rd (which will take you either east or west, again, into the city... via tollways on the Tullamarine Fwy. Be sure to do your homework RE CityLink passes!!!)

It will make travelling around the northern 'burbs easier, but if you're basing yourself around Yarra Glen (lucky bastard!) then it's probably a 45min-1hr drive from there.

The Formule1 motel is (I think) $69 a room, regardless of number of guests (so I'd say it's a basic room).

Hope this helps Brendan, let me know if I can help further.

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Our E-tags work in Sin City,

so one would hope, your device work here as well.

But you better double check.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

On which roads can the RTA E-Toll tag be used?

RTA E-Toll tags are accepted on all toll roads in Australia.

sweet - thats sorted...

now for a place to stay at such short notice...

We were up Yarra valley way last week, doin the reefton/Black spur and district rides. Stayed at the 'Healesville appartments' in Healesville. Just a street back from the main drag.. sos you can eat and drink as much as you like then walk back , or stumble.! We stayed in the 'Treehouse', but have stayed in the 'Terrace' appartment , it has a sofa bed to accommodate 4. They have other appartments . Great accommodation... and you get plenty o breaky Included too. litre o milk ,litre o juice. Great fresh sour dough loaf o bread supplied, home made jam and plunger coffee and cereal. They are self contained. Have BBQ and balcony It cost $ 150 a night for 2 . It not modern building but the decor is pretty trendy and tasteful .! Has a spa too.

It is close to the wine region, tho we didn't do the wine thing this time. Not good on a bike. Cant carry enough ! Thoroughly recomend it. It even has a lemon tree for those Corona and lemon s'. It was bl#@dy hot up there last week. Ph # 0359625555. Also might like to try the Black Spur Inn.. Its a bit further away, they do great meals and have accommodation. Ph # 0359637121. Its a great drive/ride through the Black Spur!

Its straight down the Maroondah Hwy to the city. An hr away, I guess.

Cheers

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

The Healesville visitor infomation centre Ph # is 0359622600.

they'll be able to help ya with accommodation closer too.

Edited by slo1quick

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Brendan, I'd suggest Ringwood might be a good starting point for you. Eastlink to the Eastern FWY the city is only 25 mins away. Eastlink will also take you to Dandenong quickly as well as long as you dont mind the tolls. From Ringwood you can also use the Maroondah HWY to get out to the Yarra Valley Region.

The budget chain of motels have a location just out of Ringwood might want to look it up Motel Ringwood.

Bringing some cars and a controller?

Regards

Rob

so anywhere around the dandenong area.

I spent a week there one night!

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Definately get somewhere from Ringwood out to about Lilydale on teh Maroondah Highway. Yarra Glen / yarra Valley is all very clearly signposted being a big touristy aread. There's a new freeway from Ringwood that whips you into town.

found a place down in frankston --- i know further away, but when the deluxe cabin was $100/night & pay 2 get 3rd for $10, works out cheaper than formule1!

now to wait on a phone call in regards to a job :D

Anybody up for a 'catch up' or race for a night ... (mrs + rugrats incl) ;)

brendan

found a place down in frankston --- i know further away, but when the deluxe cabin was $100/night & pay 2 get 3rd for $10, works out cheaper than formule1!

now to wait on a phone call in regards to a job :lol:

Anybody up for a 'catch up' or race for a night ... (mrs + rugrats incl) :D

brendan

Hmmm! tracks under about 3 inches of sawdust plus christmas decorationst that havent been put back in the roof so tracks out

however 37C temp - welcome to come and have a BBQ at my place and let the rugrats play in the pool Tuesday evening as I am about 10 mins from Frankston

will Pm details