Scalextric Club

dangermouse

Hi all

well I will be joining the Scalextric Club the Gulf Aston Martin looks a bomb...

I notice on the website they offer

"As an active Club member, introduce 3 friends to the Club and you will receive a mystery prize."

So my question is anyone already a member and wants to introduce me :)

or

Any one planning to join - I will join and then I can introduce you and claim the mystery prize :D

let me know

cheers

DM

"World" membership is 30 GBP....Maybe they're letting us wild colonials in now..

For that you may receive...

Quarterly, 20-page club magazine.

Exclusive members-only competitions.

A welcome pack, including a personalised membership card.

Access to exclusive Scalextric Club merchandise.

Member discounts from selected Scalextric stockists.

And......As an active Club member, introduce 3 friends to the Club and you will receive a mystery prize.

Good luck..

"You Maniacs!.... You blew it up!.. Ah, damn you!...God damn you all to hell! "

That's an expensive car gref...30GBPs for one car?

You could have bought two from a shop for that much!

yeah I know, but I "had" to, can't buy the cars at a shop :lol:

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

DM

I want to sign up as I need the Aston......... So I can put it down you introduced me if you like.

clevo

I don't know Dick

30 pounds works out to be about $63 so a little bit more than the -rrp in the shops - I think they send you a catalog, I am not sure how good the magazine is but I figure that is an ok price to pay for an exclusive car - I think the Aston will look great in the weathered effect.

I joined last night so put me down as having introduce you Clevo - not sure what info you need I don't have a club number or anything yet.

2 more and I score the mystery gift? :D

cheers

DM

• 2 weeks later...

I had joined early on the 1st January, once for myself and then again for my son as his birthday present.

I gave them his email address for his membership, and listed it as a gift membership.

They charged my credit card twice as expected and I got 2 sets of membership numbers by email.

However, this morning I noticed they have credited back my membership (one of them) to the card, dated 12th January.

I don't know whether this is because it meant 2 cars to the same address, or whether there was an oversubscription issue as early as 8am on 1st January.

If you placed an order, check your credit card statement and make sure they haven't reversed/credited it back.

If they credit the second one, I'll let you know - fingers crossed that's not the case.

I made $1 out of it though - now what will I spend that on!??

Exchange rate improved in our favour when they reversed it.

Edited by tvwino

Checked the website - says I am still a World Member - did you get membership number or a confirmation of order number - I received and email saying welcome to Scalextric Club your membership has been updated. I wasn't previously a member, I had just registered on the site for email news etc.

I haven't heard anything since - I would check with Scalextric why they credited it back..

cheers

DM

Checked the website - says I am still a World Member - did you get membership number or a confirmation of order number - I received and email saying welcome to Scalextric Club your membership has been updated. I wasn't previously a member, I had just registered on the site for email news etc.

I haven't heard anything since - I would check with Scalextric why they credited it back..

cheers

DM

I logged in, both of the memberships still show there.

But they have refunded my card for one of them.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that 2 cars arrive.

• 1 month later...

Club membership and magazine arrived this week, hopefully the car won't be far away...

The magazine is good about 20 pages - had a good article on setting up cars for non mag and some nice photos - also included a catalogue which is good - will keep that in good condition might become collectable one day ;) -

and a nice membership card with a photo of the Aston Martin on it...

so if you are planning on joining - send me a PM or reply here - you can quote me as having introduced you and if I get 3 people I get a mystery gift....:ph34r:

cheers

DM

hmmm I gotta wait til my membership is up for renewal til I get my car (hope they don't sell out. Then again a while back they had heaps of the GT40 for sale

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Car arrived today - I am sure some of you have seen photos on other forums but I will post a couple for you anyway because IMHO it looks fantastic... well worth the joining fee (you also get a 2009 catalog and 4 magazines.)

cheers

DM

Yep, mine arrived this morning, very nice indeed.

It does indeed seem as if my second membership was cancelled - no idea why mind you.

I have been a member of the club for a few years now! For their 50th (the GT) I tried signing up 2 memberships (one for me and one for my son), one charge to my Visa was re-credited. I got in contact with RACER and was told that I couldn't create two memberships in the one name. I then joined John as a separate membership and it all went through perfectly.

As a foot note! The other advantage of being a member is that there are cars available through the year to purchase that are only available to members. You also get quite a good discount at MRE http://www.mre.co.uk not that the dollar is very good at the moment :blink:

I have been a member of the club for a few years now! For their 50th (the GT) I tried signing up 2 memberships (one for me and one for my son), one charge to my Visa was re-credited. I got in contact with RACER and was told that I couldn't create two memberships in the one name. I then joined John as a separate membership and it all went through perfectly.

that would explain it - I'll try and chase it up.