Moffat Brut 33 Mustang

Cleveland

2009 is getting better by the minute by Scalextric. Moffats Brut 33 Mustang to get done :):lol::) .

Fourth car down

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...009-Modern-Cars

Clevo

You missed the L34 torana in the classic cars tab.

It just happends to be Bob Morris Number 7 Torana

Steve :angry:

Steve

ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS BEFORE OR AFTER

IS JUST WAITING RACING IS LIFE STEVE MCQUEEN

Cleveland,

Call yourself a blue oval diehard? I wanna see a signed Moffat Stang. :angry: Would cost you more than the car was worth if you could get the man to sign it. :) Two chances of that happening though, and buckley has already left the room.

LOL

You have obviously met the guy then :lol: . I loved his driving ability, just not his personality. Yeh your right though, my autograthed aussie car collection will never have my childhood hero's signature on his models.

Its a pity some people are like that.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Very nice as is the Jet Alliance Aston Martin - not sure about the Ford GT - but the Gold #4 GT40 is a must - that at least solves one problem I have 2 #5 GT40s was going to repaint one as the #4 - so will think about doing something else now....

I can see a few cars on the wish list - the Ferrari 330 P4 looks good as does the rally one - anyone heard if the #9 Gulf Aston is the club car for 2009?

and the new 6 car Digital PB looks very interesting - now if the Pro GT set included that I think there will be a very big hole in the wallet. 4 nice looking cars for digital racing and the features of the new PB sound appealing for racing all my old analog cars as well.

2009 could be the year of digital routed track for me :angry:

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

2009 is getting better by the minute by Scalextric. Moffats Brut 33 Mustang to get done :):lol::) .

Fourth car down

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...009-Modern-Cars

Clevo

You missed the L34 torana in the classic cars tab.

It just happends to be Bob Morris Number 7 Torana

Steve :angry:

Hi Steve

I saw it alright. I just hope they do it with full interior, It will look fantastic

Precisely why he took it back !

Bones

My side's were hurting I laughted so much :lol: . Best one liner of 2008

Rick

Sounds like a good idea for a competition ;) , To see who can be the first Auslot member to get their two model Mustangs autographed by the great man. Heck I will even throw in a prize for the winner.

Clevo

Really laughing at this thread. He was my childhood/teeny-bopperhood hero too, even though I am Kiwi. Used to get the car mags from my paper run money.

Was a guest of some motor race guys at Pukekohe a few years back and the host said " 'Grumpy Moffat' is over, he's sitting on the floor above us, but I'll guarantee he doesn't show his face" - what a rep....

..and no he didn't

Precisely why he took it back !

Bones

My side's were hurting I laughted so much :lol: . Best one liner of 2008

Rick

Sounds like a good idea for a competition ;) , To see who can be the first Auslot member to get their two model Mustangs autographed by the great man. Heck I will even throw in a prize for the winner.

Clevo

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

So the shots of him signing 1/18 Biante XY's on the Muscle Car Masters DVDs are rare as rocking horse poop then???

:lol:;)

Hated him commentating on the V8's before they were Supercars.... referring to those 'dinosaurs' as "High tech as anything you'll find at NASA" :lol: OooooKkkkay

And this gem "You can't ever prophecise who's going to win, but you can look at who's not going to lose... "

;):huh: What????

Hmmm... he was a great driver and he has earned respect for that.

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

It's always really sad when people in that position treat their fans poorly. I'm just wonder if they fully understand that it's their fans that put them their in that place. I see it all the time back in the US. Between NFL, NBA, MLB, and NASCAR, most of them won't give their fans the time of day let alone acknowledge that they are there because of the fans. NHL isn't as bad but it's getting there too. It doesn't help with all the huge corporate money thrown at them. They getting really big heads.

"Experience is what you get just after you needed it." - Stephen Wright

Ahem,,,,,,,,,,,,,right place , right time :D

Awesome Tooter.........

Great to see that. Cant be too many of those laying around out there signed. I have heard he will only sign products which has payed him royalties for using his name/car. Allan will sign Bainte models, but show him one of classic collectables Moffat cars, and you problably wont like the reception you'll get from him.

I can remember it taking a long time to produce the Scalextric coke mustang due the $$$ required for his permisson. I wondering if there are royalties involved with the Brut model? Anyway it will be my aim to one day to get one of each of both models signed if possible for my collection.

So I've just gotta ask............did you have to pay to get it signed, and did you get a second one done as well ,so you could sell it to your old mate Clevo :D

Bring on the Brut 33

Edited by Cleveland

He will sign stuff that he gets a commision for (Biante, I think) but wont sign ones he doesn't (Classic Carlectables, possibly). A guy my mate works with was a long-time Alan Moffat fan until he lined up for a while to get his 1/18 model signed only to be told by him that he doesn't sign that brand model.

But in the long run it saved him money buying any more of them.

Being from the US, I'm just coming into "the know" about the great Aussie driver so I only know what I hear and I'm glad that he's not like he it portrayed. Unfortunately, sometimes perception is the only truth.

"Experience is what you get just after you needed it." - Stephen Wright