Scx Ferrari F40 "alert"

NimROD444

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vlad's just bought 27 of the blighters to spread around - I reckon we'll be able to drag this out for months never mind a few weeks!

When we start getting there perhaps we should continue the thread & start putting in pics. It'll be fun to see what we some up with and be able to compare it with the original pics up there. He'll we'll be able to hold our own Bol D'Or with dinner suits & everything we own so many Ferraris.. ;)

..sorry guys - forgot for a moment they were ten bucks each & not the real thing!! :D

Actually it'll probably be fun to be able to look back on that primal emotive moment of "here's a bargain chaps"-ness..

By the way, I know I spoke to you this morning Vlad but did I remember to thank you or was I too busy being as overexcited and breathless as a schoolboy coming face to face with his first warm beast? You gotta love puppies! :blink:

Damn I'm excited at this! Have already warned the missus to expect the bills to start rolling in a la the list I just thought of. Luckily she's really busy & passed it off with a sort of "that's nice dear" so I have written permission to do what I need now guys YAY YAY YAY!! :( ;):P

Actually I just read that back - it's funny - I sound like some little kid let loose in a lolly shop & I'll be 40 in January.. I knew getting the old scaley out "for the boys" was a good idea!!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi Guy's,

Vinno, thanks for the nice words but it was really nothing, right place and time.

Great web sites, I couldn't find anythink last night.

Eno, yes you did thank me, look forward to catching up with you on Thursday.

Manic, great idea. I've been thinking of repainting an F40 similar to one of the new Carrera 575's (Big Thank's to Chris). My ALPS printer is ready to make the decals but I still need a scanner :blink:

To all that purchased cars, please share pics of your mods and repaints.

Regards

NimROD

Ferraris were never hard to beat in Scarlet in the glorious latter years of Enzo's era..Immensely popular & powerful & beautiful to beat even though their claim to fame was how good they were in the 50's.. just like Collingwood really.. that's why we all secretly loved them until they both stuffed it up & won something..

Grouse pics though Manic. :blink:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Well I got my cars from NimROD and then spent last night nuding up six F40's and they look better already!

Six cars is a lot sitting on a two lane track & I now want digital more than ever.

Actually sitting them in a row it looks like one of those multiple exposure type shots but in the flesh. I'll mess about with the camera on the weekend & see if I can get anything worth posting.

Anyhow - the reason I needed six was 'cause of something I was thinking about. Please look to the Monza thread I started for what I'm planning.

Oh and NimROD - you could have picked a cheaper place to meet up mate - I had to leave with a white Ninco AC Cobra.. lucky I have an understanding wife! B)

Hi Guy's,

Thankyou to everyone for paying so quickly, very much appreciated.

Now I can eat on the week end B)

Will be packing the cars tonight so all will be mailed tomorrow, except Jamie He knows why :P

let me know when they arrive ok.

Regards

NimROD

ps it's nice to pick on someone else for a change :D

Hi Guy's,

The cars didn't go out on Saturday B) , was way to busy with "Family Stuff" :D

I had a chance to check for more cars but there was nothing in the way of Ferrari F40's........for now.

My apologies to those who missed out this time around, if more become available I will be sure to let you know.

Everything was mailed at around 12:30pm today so check your mail boxes tomorrow.

Please let me know when they arrive.

Best Regards

NimROD

ps Would really enjoy seeing your custom F40's, many pics please.

G'day Vlad

MY pair arrived this afternoon, the boxes squashed a bit but the contents inside sake and well.

Now I just have to decide on new liveries

Thanks again Vlad apleasure doing business with you :P

Cheers LB (alan)

G'Day

I hope Vlad gets a cut of the profits if he got the car for this guy in the first place

LB

I just had a thought!!!!!!!! :)

or is it Vlad :(

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Guy's,

Good to hear everyone's cars arrived safe n sound.

Thankyou to everyone for paying so quickly and an extra THANKYOU to those who paid a little extra, all very much appreciated.

Funny, I've had quite a few people suggest selling them on Ebay, but I won't and haven't.

I like a bargain as much as the next guy, so why horde cars when we can all enjoy them.

Honestly, it's been a real pleasure meeting more of you from the Auslot Forum's.

I had a chance to swing past the Discount Toy Centre again, only found a hand full of Ferrari's, these will go to the few that missed out the first time around.

I'll PM you guy's soon.

There were also a couple of SCX/Matchbox Minardi F1's, Toyota Celica's and some 4WD Audi 90 GTO's, none looked too apealing so gave them a miss.

Please post some pics of your mods and paint jobs, I'm sure we will all enjoy seeing them.

Kind Regards

NimROD

The Audi's are a nice car when you just want to drive the wheels off something. They thrive on aggressive driving if you add a little weight.. Devious repainted one (no surprise, he repaints everything) and it looks very nice.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't