Posting Pictures

skulldrifter

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the guys have said ...... open an account with one of the many servers out there (I use photobucket)

Upload from your computer to the server ,hit the browse button to find the pic on your computer.

The smaller the jpeg file the quicker the upload + less space used on the server, also it converts the pic's to a smaller size anyway.

2.jpg

After uploading highlight the pic you want, Copy the IMG Code from photobucket, 4th one down (left click, right click then copy) and paste into the post your making

1.jpg

Post directly from photobucket, don't use any of the links on the posting page

Post the pic's on separate lines that way you don't end up with text and pic's joined together and all over the place

You can also upload small video's as well and post them the same way

Check if it worked by clicking on Preview Post

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I have been having trouble with Photobucket lately. At times it wont let me copy ????

If you notice Mel, Photobucket caters for people with taste and fineness, hence the Blue colour

I think you need to change to a Redneck server

Gary

I can't get it to work. Seems like a hard way to do it. Why not have an upload feature on this site? I've got the pictures onto Picturebucket it's getting them form there thats the problem.

Skulldrifter.

Some say he was born in the back of an AE86. Some say he even has negative camber on his feet. All we know is he's the Skulldrifter!

Who ever you decide to host your pics PLEASE remember to try and keep them to a reasonable size. Some of us only have small download limits and many people reply with all the pics again so some threads can have the same pics several times.

Edited by The Stig

The Stig

I can't get it to work. Seems like a hard way to do it. Why not have an upload feature on this site? I've got the pictures onto Picturebucket it's getting them form there thats the problem.

There should be a link below the pictures in Photobucket that you copy and paste -

[img=http://photobucket.com/imageurl.jpg]

Copy that and paste it into your post.

Reason we don't offer users space to upload photos at this time is because of the number of photos that do get uploaded and posted here - 150 active members per day, with quite a few of them uploading 10+ photo's a week/month, our bandwidth and space used will climb faster than you would think.

• 1 year later...

If it's any help to anyone, I've noticed with Photobucket that you need to click on the picture and bring it up on the main screen in it's larger size. Then click on the "share this image" direct link in order for it to be ready to copy. I used to be able to copy from the album image but that doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Strange things these computers.

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

If it's any help to anyone, I've noticed with Photobucket that you need to click on the picture and bring it up on the main screen in it's larger size. Then click on the "share this image" direct link in order for it to be ready to copy. I used to be able to copy from the album image but that doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Strange things these computers.

Photobucket has recently updated their features and now require your computer to be updated with the latest flash drivers, the little menus that used to be under every pics are still there but only come up if you hover your mouse where the menu used to be.

Gary

I think we are saying the same thing.

Hovering over the image does bring up the menu and I have updated everything I can but the menu still doesn't function from this location. Not for me anyway.

By enlarging the image to the full size screen not only can you crop and resize it

P1050776.jpg

but the menu box now appears down to the left of the screen and is copyable from there.

P1050781.jpg

Photobucket has never been perfect but it's a great free hosting site which sometimes needs a bit of getting used to.

Edited by chrisfromcrewe

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

I think we are saying the same thing.

Hovering over the image does bring up the menu and I have updated everything I can but the menu still doesn't function from this location. Not for me anyway.

By enlarging the image to the full size screen not only can you crop and resize it

P1050776.jpg

but the menu box now appears down to the left of the screen and is copyable from there.

P1050781.jpg

Photobucket has never been perfect but it's a great free hosting site which sometimes needs a bit of getting used to.

After uploading highlight the pic you want, Copy the IMG Code 4th one down (left click, right click then copy) and paste into the post your making

Change back to the "classic" theme ...... it might help

Gary

I believe the cause of most people's grief is this:

When you want to post a pic, you would click on the insert image icon and this box will come up:

ForumInsertImagebox.jpg

So you go to Photobucket and pick up the Image Code from there and then you paste it into the box like this:

[lmg][lMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/chenglaw/Slot%20Cars/DUPRMosler001.jpg[/img][/lmg]

Notice that there are 2 sets of DUPRMosler001.jpg"

Or the other way is when you copy the Image Code from Photobucket, do not copy the "" bits. Or you paste the whole code DIRECTLY into your post bypassing the Insert Image box as suggested by Gazza.

I can remember my early days on the forum when I had no end of frustration trying to figure out where I had gone wrong in trying to post a pic! :P

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

• 1 year later...

Having trouble sizing photos,I'm learning that if I Lessen size in my album it also lessen's the veiwing quality when re-enlarged, and when I paste on the post still coming up quite large. What is a good ???x??? size to choose for posting & What am I doing wrong?

As someone who occasionally has to put up with dial up due to network glitches, I'd think around 600 to 800 pixels wide is sufficient unless you have something of exceeding beauty/detail that you want to share.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

well I finaly figured out the resizing issue, i was (@ P/buket) Resizing & saving a copy, but ussing orig Pic. as link. More to the point,, "Confusion & unlearnt".

That's so you Neil. Huh????

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Jacob unpinned this topic