turboman93

Hey All

I'm a Texan working in Sydney for a bit and thought I'd join up. I've been a HO slotter from way back when and I'm starting to get into the 1/32 stuff. I've gone a little overboard in the past couple of weeks as the guys at Armchair can attest. I've bought a Scalextric Start! set and 8 various other Scaley cars. I've also purchased a Tomy AFX set for my son for Christmas as well.

So that being said... Hello!

-Shawn

"Experience is what you get just after you needed it." - Stephen Wright

Welcome to the board, Shawn. How long are you in Sydney for? And just as important, where in Sydney are you?

Stu

Old racers race harder

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm actually in Chatswood and here until April now.

Welcome Shawn

nah, one set and 8 extra cars isn't "overboard"........it's ALMOST a "start" <_<

"Overboard" has two definitions.

Definition 1 - you buy a new car, then when you get home, you alrady have 2 of it.....but didn't realise.

Definition 2 - you buy a new car, and Jim at Armchair concedes your collection is now larger than his ........

[this will only be meaningful to those who have been into Armchair Racer; and at some point found themselves trying to figure out how to distract Cathy long enough to break the cabinets at back of the shop, fill a couple of supermarket trolleys, and skedaddle out of the store to a waiting car with engine running.......]

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm actually in Chatswood and here until April now.

Will have to try and arrange a trip out to the burbs before you go back

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Well for work, I've already made it out to Brisbane, Melbourne, Bathurst and Canberra. Those were all day trips. Nothing substantial.

So what is the burbs? ;-) I went to the last V8 Supercars race in Oran Park and just realized this week there is a slot track out that way. The wife has said that we should make a trip to Hornsby for the slot track out there.

I'm a Texan working in Sydney for a bit and thought I'd join up. I've been a HO slotter from way back when and I'm starting to get into the 1/32 stuff. I've gone a little overboard in the past couple of weeks as the guys at Armchair can attest. I've bought a Scalextric Start! set and 8 various other Scaley cars. I've also purchased a Tomy AFX set for my son for Christmas as well.

So that being said... Hello!

-Shawn

whall howdy there Tex glad to have you around good to see you doing your bit to keep Jim open, enjoy your stay and hope you can catch up with a few of the other maniac's while you are in town

Viv

I would love to meeting some of the guys in the area as well as have a go on their tracks. I've seen some really impressive layouts. Don't know about here, but back home when racing on someone's else track, there's a 6 pack under the arm when I arrive. <_<

Edited by turboman93