slots

Top Gear Live

Does anyone have plans to go to Top Gear Live in Sydney in February?

Stu

Old racers race harder

Not as yet but maybe the question should be, "Does anyone want to go to Top Gear Live?".

Sounds like a plan.

Good point, Vince. Second best seats are $120 so not too rich although the best seats are $249 which IS too rich.

Stu

Old racers race harder

I saw the top gear live show, as part of the Motor Sport Expo, in the UK about 10 years ago (before the new format of the show). Believe me, back then it was worth the money. Today it will be more then worth the money!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

NO NIX NEGATIVE I don't think so rather spend it on slotties. if I had any in the first place.

Well, there's supposed to be a London cab doing burn outs. :o Now that's a worry

Edited by slots

Stu

Old racers race harder

Oh, don't we get some interesting christmas gifts. Guess who got a ticket for Top Gear with the brother-in-law? ;) So I won't be able to go with Auslot. :angry: The misus managed to keep quiet for a month or so.

Stu

Old racers race harder

Found two tickets in my Christmas stocking

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I saw the show in Dublin last month and it was great! I saw it previously in London in 2004 and the Dublin version was pretty much up to scratch.

The 3 TG guys were the biggest thing in Ireland the week of the show which was nice for a petrol head like myself!

Of course Clarkson started off the show by explaining the tour venues outside the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Hong Kong, NZ and Australia were "all the bits we used to own" which of course went down like a lead balloon! (Which of course was intentional!) But in the car football Ireland of course beat England in a well choreographed match! (The crowd shouted loudest for Hammond to captain Ireland so poor old May got the thankless task of captaining "England" in a match in Dublin!).

So an expensive show, but good fun! The one thing that was not worth it was paying a bit extra for the "paddock tour". All it consists of is being herded through the backstage area after the show and the 3 guys are long gone too. Not worth the extra cost.

Instead of going to the show,

howabout going to the airport.

Would love to see, how "The STIG" gets through customs. :lol::D:o

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Sat 7th, don't know where...Chrissy present from my daughter, don't ya luv it when ur kids finally earn a living. ;)

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

Well a lot of plugs, some s%$t that I don't know why they bothered, some clever driving and it was a bit of fun....

I'm glad it was free though.. :lol:

CHEERS

GARRY

Well a lot of plugs, some s%$t that I don't know why they bothered, some clever driving and it was a bit of fun....

I'm glad it was free though.. ;)

Ditto

Did expect to be better. Lot of sizzle not much steak 4.5/10 :lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'm glad it was free though.. ;)

Ditto

Did expect to be better. Lot of sizzle not much steak 4.5/10 :lol:

Looks as though it wasnt worth the wait. Why have a good program and turn it in to a stage show . As others have said rather go and buy more slot cars.He's an idea ,why not have the guys (the pommies) do the show from our Top Gear studio. Now theres something I might go to.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

The other thing was the trade displays outside..all good but what's with the bloody "bloke over"...where have all the real men gone????

CHEERS

GARRY