• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I swear someone was spiking my drinks. :lol:

I think one drink led to another... viscious cycle. :D

It could only have improved my racing. :D

Kirk

I am glad you all had a good night it was a shame a few more didn't make it but we it was great anyway. I think we should do it again in the not to distant future. I think the driving was actually getting better as the night went on so it will be only a matter of time. I make a better mechanic than a driver :nice: If I had not had to go to work at 8 am my driving might have improved as well.

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

• 1 month later...

Hi Syd.

Had another look at your track. Had not noticed how you had done corners before but can certainly understand now. My brother was keen on this method originally but is now favouring CNC job if they can simulate layout we want.

Good explanation however as to how you achieved. Hopefully I will get chance to see in flesh soon.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

New Plymouth

New Zealand

Hi Syd.

A big thanks for an interesting and pleasant evening at your home/track.

Was interesting to see track surface. Certainly not unlike old blackboard paint surfaces from days gone past. Was not as rough a surface as I thought it would be.

Good to see also how you had achieved elliptical corners. They looked great and made the track look so much more authentic.

You were not kidding when you said you had a lot of cars. It was certainly good to try a few different types/makes that I have only seen on internet before.

We are in Karratha now so thanks again for great evening. Appreciate being made so welcome plus of course our chat about a range of topics and tips.

Look forward to passing onto my brother when I get back to NZ.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

New Plymouth

New Zealand

Hi Syd.

A big thanks for an interesting and pleasant evening at your home/track.

Was interesting to see track surface. Certainly not unlike old blackboard paint surfaces from days gone past. Was not as rough a surface as I thought it would be.

Good to see also how you had achieved elliptical corners. They looked great and made the track look so much more authentic.

You were not kidding when you said you had a lot of cars. It was certainly good to try a few different types/makes that I have only seen on internet before.

We are in Karratha now so thanks again for great evening. Appreciate being made so welcome plus of course our chat about a range of topics and tips.

Look forward to passing onto my brother when I get back to NZ.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

New Plymouth

New Zealand

You're quite welcome Chas, hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the west and I'm glad you had a good time the other night, Regards Syd

• 3 months later...

Ooooh. Been converted Syd? Seems like a welcome to the future could be in order. :)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

On Syds behalf....

Watch this space too! :):D

Dave

Looks like I'll switching to digital in the not to distant future

Not converting your existing track are you Syd? :P

Yep looks like it, with the option to run analogue!

Got to move with the times Dave and digital is a step forward. It's better to be at the front of the pack then languishing at rear! :aussie: :nice: :lol:

Hi Syd,beautiful track.Ive got one similar size and was just wondering what power supply you were using?Cheers matt

Hi Matt I am using one of those Dick Smith Variable power supplies 0 - 15 Volt with a 60 AMP Output previously I was using a truck battery with 720cca

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

A new track for WA Slot Car Racing Group in the process. A few pictures of the track which is currently being modified can be found here. http://www.waslotcarracinggroup.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Syd,,You got a new track underway,,looking forward to seeing the new pics of it,,what was wrong with the old track or was it time for a change,,,still havnt found a track over here but my 4wd v8 conversion build is keeping me busy at the moment...

Hi Rob,

Not sure if you ever went to Daryl's place when you were over here in the West but the track is Daryl's with the two hairpins removed from the end of the main straight to allow for a more free flowing track.

Syd's track is still the same, no changes.

Good luck in finding somewhere else to race.

Matt