Sign in to follow this  
MOPARGREG

I Built A New Slotcar Cabinet

Hey guys,

The mother-in-law came to stay with us for a while & I needed to escape. So I hit the garage & made a cabinet. I have been renovating my house for ages & had some left over cypress flooring. I cut the boards down. All up it cost me $9 for the hinges at bunnings. Everything else I had. I made the cabinet up as I went. It holds 4 large Chargers/roadrunner per shelf, 5 transams per shelf eg Camaro or 6 small cars per shelf. I have enough to make another 3-4 of these & will make them over the coming weeks. It took me about 4 hours to make from go to woah. It actually looks alot bigger in the flesh than it does in the photos

Hope you like

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

Greg

Edited by MOPARDEVIL

Thanks

Greg

Very nice cabinet looks the goods nice pictures on the wall too One question what is the no 48 car I can place all the others :D

Edited by Chewycat

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

That number 48 car is a RMS 65 Fury on a superbird chassis. go to rmsresins.com

I forgot to mention I routed a slot all the way across each shelf for the guide to sit in. Cypress is not the best wood to route because of all the knots in the wood. I might use a circular saw on a low depth for the next one.

Greg

Thanks

Greg

Looks very neat , did you use glass or perspex or polycarbonate for protection on them ?

I used 5mm glass, I had some lying around.

Nice job there MOPAR!

Do you plan to make a few?

thanks knoath. I have enough wood for another 2 or 3. I have thought up another design for the next one. Similar but slightly different. Ill post the next one when its finished.

Greg

Thanks

Greg