Ikea Bertby Shelves

Yngwie

Afternoon. I bought the Bertby shelves as suggested from Ikea and they are indeed fantastic. (Will post pics later) However, I went and got some more shelves made up and thought it would be a fairly easy task to get some more shelf pins. Ikea say they do not stock them. Hmm. Does anybody who has the particular item know where some shelf pins that are suitable can be sourced from? (They are only 4mm in diamter which makes them very unique. Bunnings has no beast like it)

Kind Regards

Yngwie,

Head back to bunning's grab a pack of 4mm bullet head nail's and cut them down to the required length.. ;)

Thanks Davnic. I was going to use pop rivets instead which seem ok but as I have the shelves on a slight downward angle. am a little worried about the shelves sliding.

Go down to your nearest kitchen/bathroom/bedroom cupboard manufacturer/installer. Make sure its a small local business. Ask them for some shelving dowels. I went to a local one in my area and asked for a handful that I needed for the walk in robe. The guy threw me a pack of 100 and said dont worry about it, not worth filling in the paperwork. ;)

cheers

rick1776

Yngwie,

Head back to bunning's grab a pack of 4mm bullet head nail's and cut them down to the required length.. ;)

Thanks Davnic. I was going to use pop rivets instead which seem ok but as I have the shelves on a slight downward angle. am a little worried about the shelves sliding.

Easy, just grab a tin of that paint(not sure of the name) that dry's as rubber, it's used to coat item's for grip ie hammer handles.

Should stop the glass from slipping.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm looking at a few bathroom cupboards at the mo. Ikea of course. Good Morning or some such (in foreign) with plain doors. Given the room is basically glass it would be nice to hide the toys from the immediate gaze of casual bandits..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.