Gallery Raceway, My 3rd Routed Track.

Davnic74

Ok,

Here is a quick google sketch of the proposed new Gallery Raceway layout.

The surface will be Ferrodor with Magnabraid.

I want to do a 4 lane layout but with 100 mm centre's to run 1/24 th i may have to change a few thing's.

Dimensions will be 5.5 mtrs x 1.8 mtrs,the top left of pic will over hang the 1.8 mtrs by 1 mtr.

After drawing this i have decided to run the main straight over the top toward's the left and gradualy lower through the corner's to go under the main straight.

The large corner to the right will be slightly banked going up hill onto the main straight.

Obviously this is a rough drawing and need's work

trk1gb4.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the work begins Dave, will be keen to watch your progress on this one after seeing how well your last one turned out.

Are you going to route this one yourself or do it on a CNC router? If you need any help with the CAD side of things let me know.

Regards

Rob

Hey Dave, great to see something happening mate!

An interesting design... banking, hairpin, esses... got a bit of everything.

Nice!

Best of luck with the build, hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Thank's guy's,

Looking foward to getting started but have to build a deck first then should be into it.

@ Rob thank's for the offer to do the CAD drawing's, still undecided if i will be doing the routing myself or CNC.

Here are a few pic's of the the garage set up, i have a space of 2.5 mtr's x 6 mtr's to work with, all 1:1 car's can be moved to place the track in the centre of the garage on race day's.

As you can see when it's not in use it can be tucked into the corner and the 1:1 car's slot in under the raised area's of the track, the far right of the track (banked corner) run's up the bonnet of the wife's car so that there is enough room for 1 mtr around the whole car(except the front :( ).

garwu3.jpg

trk1akq3.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

After drawing this i have decided to run the main straight over the top toward's the left and gradualy lower through the corner's to go under the main straight.

The large corner to the right will be slightly banked going up hill onto the main straight.

I agree with your decision, it will be easier for elevation changes, and banking and raising the right hand corner will keep the main straight relatively flat.

What side will the drivers station be?

Normal people worry me

something fundamentally wrong with that design.

Based upon that garage floorplan, the track footprint should be about 10 x 3.5 metres........ :(

- Knoath, you have plenty of driveway, just move the front wall of the garage a few metres closer to the curb......

tell the missus, now you have to share it with Knoath jr. you need twice as much space between you.....see, easy solved...

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

A carport out the front was actually suggested by the good woman herself... when she saw the look on my face she immediately thought "Oh God... what did I just say???" :lol: :nice:

But sadly, no go yet!

Back to you Dave!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Ok,

I want to do a 4 lane layout but with 100 mm centre's to run 1/24 th i may have to change a few thing's.

Dimensions will be 5.5 mtrs x 1.8 mtrs,the top left of pic will over hang the 1.8 mtrs by 1 mtr.

trk1gb4.jpg

Hi there if you are running mainly 1/24 it would be worth doing 110mm lane width , purely 1/32 100mm will be fine .The track I am doing at the moment will probably be a mixture but leaning towards 1/32 and I am doing 105mm lane spacing. Just a thought !

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

Ok,

trk1gb4.jpg

Hi there if you are running mainly 1/24 it would be worth doing 110mm lane width , purely 1/32 100mm will be fine .The track I am doing at the moment will probably be a mixture but leaning towards 1/32 and I am doing 105mm lane spacing. Just a thought !

Hi Syd,

I will be running mainly 1/32, we have a club track that has 100 mm spacing's and the 1/24 car's don't have any trouble getting around side by side.

Depending on how my track design fit's on my table size i might just go for 105 mm spacing but then it will definatly be a 3 laner..

@slotsnz

Hmm 10 mtr straight :nice: i have allready worked out that braid is going to cost me around $450..

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hmm 10 mtr straight :nice: i have allready worked out that braid is going to cost me around $450..

Perhaps its worth considering using magnabraid only on the corners and exits?

Thought about that, but didn't want any change in the performance of the track or the car's, want to keep it consistant .

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• 1 month later...

And with a sickie on Friday, I reckon we should be right around Saturday morning for a few test laps????

;) :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Best of luck Dave, and if you need a pair of hands, just yell out (0433 914 985) and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Regards,

Shane

BannerLinkLogo.jpg

...Click HERE to visit my Viper Valley forum thread...

And with a sickie on Friday, I reckon we should be right around Saturday morning for a few test laps????

;) :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Best of luck Dave, and if you need a pair of hands, just yell out (0433 914 985) and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Regards,

Shane

Thank's Shane,

I'm back at work on Monday, so should be routed by then and just waiting on the new braid recess bit to come in.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

That's pretty poor service... go and get it yourself Dave.

Spy before you buy!!!!

I was hoping to see a frame then! :angry:

:) How much neg camber have you got on that Old Prem? :lol:

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

That's pretty poor service... go and get it yourself Dave.

Spy before you buy!!!!

I was hoping to see a frame then! :angry:

:) How much neg camber have you got on that Old Prem? :o

I told them what i wanted in person, and they sent the wrong stuff, they sent 70 x 35 merch..

Frame base is completed...

Neg camber on the Prem is set for circuit racing... :):) ....NAH flat left front :lol:

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Ok, First pic i know it's not much but considering the stuff up's im sorta happy it's started...

4.2 x 2.0, the top will be 5.5 x 2.0

basesd7.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build