Sign in to follow this  
SlotsNZ

Nzpr - New Zealand Proxy Race

Mike, that 4.7 is begging to be broken! Hell to be 0.1 off with my proxy car. I will bring one of my club cars (Slot.its Big Dog!!) up in a couple of weeks. I assume you don't want me to use silicones so I will use some soft rubber tires. I know that will be Dave West's car!

Just read your notes about the cars. Awesome Mike and Alan! You should be professional test drivers! I think you have been hanging round with Dave West too much. By the way, though I have never met Dave I know he was NZ Gp12 champ, and has impecable car set up skills.

Had trouble reading the results but if I'm not last - I'm happy

I know I went the way of power this time - not how I like cars so why am I surprised its struggling

Its learning curve for next year guys

Anyone else having difficulty reading the web page link with the qualifying times and notes?

If so, what are you "seeing" and what broswer ad OS are you using?

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks Mike and Alan for the qualifying and notes.

It is all about being consistant.

Q1: P10

R1: P10

Q2: P10

R2: Can I book P10 again. :D :(

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Munter 11th ----stock 90gm-----'rubber' (probably NSR but he's not telling - so far)

Cool....first again!!!

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Mike asked me to add the comments below for him

Alan and myself just had another look at the problem cars, our suggestions are as follows:

* Pitlane3 - his rear tyres are off or have some sort of film on it

as they have no grip even after cleaning with detegent and water. [NB, I also did a detergent clean on his tyres in Napier]

* suggest he takes the penalty hit and change his tyres to a fresh set

* That mclaren is pretty stock ie should run better than it is

* The Stig - it runs pretty good, but definitely signs of tyre rub

inside - he may be losing a bit of time from this

* he just needs to move his hubs out.

* devious dave's car, tyres are fine, his weight bal is all in the

rear and we suspect his motor may be a handful at 13.5 volts,

can't see any other faults with his car

Not sure if any of this work can be done after qualifying - but we are flexible and happy to do the work if rules allow and the guys want something done.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Mike asked me to add the comments below for him

Alan and myself just had another look at the problem cars, our suggestions are as follows:

* Pitlane3 - his rear tyres are off or have some sort of film on it

as they have no grip even after cleaning with detegent and water. [NB, I also did a detergent clean on his tyres in Napier]

* suggest he takes the penalty hit and change his tyres to a fresh set

* That mclaren is pretty stock ie should run better than it is

* The Stig - it runs pretty good, but definitely signs of tyre rub

inside - he may be losing a bit of time from this

* he just needs to move his hubs out.

* devious dave's car, tyres are fine, his weight bal is all in the

rear and we suspect his motor may be a handful at 13.5 volts,

can't see any other faults with his car

Not sure if any of this work can be done after qualifying - but we are flexible and happy to do the work if rules allow and the guys want something done.

I am pretty sure the rules cover all those areas so just go from there? Pitlane what are those tyres?

Guys, you can leave my car as it is, just sticky tape the tyres or wipe the dust off 'em or whatever you do with everybody else's cars. Maybe it'll work better in the next event. Dave

Chris,

they are MJK's with very limited scrub, as I was aware of the height issue.

Not really fussed,

choose the tyres you would have put on later on anyway.

Thanks

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Can I get a motor refit because my car is slow?

regards

John Warren

Can I get a motor refit because my car is slow?

regards

Funny you say that. I thought a 1 tooth bigger pinion would help and cop a small penalty

My point is that I see a lot of talk about fixing competitors cars but isnt the point of a proxy that you set your car up,enter it,send it in and takes your lot??

regards

John Warren

Repairs can be made, but specifications cannot be changed, - eg no motor TYPE change, no gear ratio change.

Penalties are specified for changing ballast/wieght (10), and for changing of tyres (25).

As per advice I received earlier, bringing cars into compliance with the rules PRIOR to the first round has been treated as no penalties incurred in the DUPR, so I ran with that.

There is no penalty specified for either sanding tyres at request of entrant or for subsequent other breaches - ie below height as 2 cars were again after the first round.

Maybe that's an area to be clarified in the written rules for the future.

One alternative would be to disqualify cars - but I suspect with the 1.6mm rule we'd end up with a podium made up of "last man standing" and mightn't even get to fill 3 spots. Apart from that, I don't see this event as anything we would want a draconian approach as that, given the goodwill of all those who have taken a punt to enter a new event, paid for, built, and set up cars, paid fees and contributed in general.

Since this years event is very much a learning curve for me, and us in NZ in general, my proposal is this.

1) Cars going back under the minimum 1.6mm clearance. I think everyone attempted to comply, it's a tough one and disliked. No one has tried to steal a march with a low slung car - so as long as cars are not a danger to any track - and it is extremely unlikely we will get to that stage - no penalties.

2) Any running mechanical repair such as sanding tyres, OTHER THAN crash damage caused by a driver - 10 points - same penalty level as changing ballast.

Any objections? - Davnic, you're the only one who would be copping a penalty under this proposal so far, as your tyre sand from "sealed" was the only real modification. The "slippery cars" I just experimented with because I couldn't identify the cause. So speak up.....

Any objections? - Davnic, you're the only one who would be copping a penalty under this proposal so far, as your tyre sand from "sealed" was the only real modification. The "slippery cars" I just experimented with because I couldn't identify the cause. So speak up.....

Its still only a tyre sanding, and sanding isn't illegal, there were no specs changed :)

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Results won't open in Firefox properly have to use IE>

Yep it was firefox ( have to use it to back up Wii games but thats another story)

Anyone else having difficulty reading the web page link with the qualifying times and notes?

If so, what are you "seeing" and what browser ad OS are you using?

It was just Firefox - it works fine in IE

Guys, you can leave my car as it is, just sticky tape the tyres or wipe the dust off 'em or whatever you do with everybody else's cars. Maybe it'll work better in the next event. Dave

Dave I am sure your car will show strong at kennedy-rd's track. It has the power and I think that more open flowing track will bring it into the top 5 anyway.

When I was driving yours round my big sweeper it was a dream, - I was chucking that it was better than mine there, and that corner is like a lot to drive like the corners at kennedy-rd's

From memory P6 on there are nearly as quick as the sillies we use, and as fast as the the soft NSR and Slot.it F15 by nature.

My point is that I see a lot of talk about fixing competitors cars but isnt the point of a proxy that you set your car up,enter it,send it in and takes your lot??

regards

I must say I thought the same. Come on you experienced Aussie proxy racers "throw us a bone here". What do you guys do? I was surprised so many of you turned up with marginal clearance under your gears. I can only assume the rules are perhaps paid "lip service" by each host? I am not being critical here, but it must be hard for some hosts to know how to scrutineer or what to do with an illegal car. I am no exception and I am the next host so tips would be appreciated.

In fact have any of you Aussie racers or anybody you know ever been disqualified for anything, or had points deducted? The answer to that will probably provide a lot of information.

I do ant running repairs and IMO there should not be any penanty for these. Things do happen, wheels come off,tyres come unglued,braids fall out etc etc,these I consider running repairs.

But anything considered to be tuning should either not be allowed or carry a suitable penalty. That is up to the organiser.

The clearance thing is a big question mark. Some guys only require the 1.6 under the chassis others require it under the gears.

I have to admit that I only checked my car under the chassis.

Several DUPR and Rally guys have had points deducted for,motor changes,gear ratio changes and tyre changes.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

I do ant running repairs and IMO there should not be any penanty for these. Things do happen, wheels come off,tyres come unglued,braids fall out etc etc,these I consider running repairs.

But anything considered to be tuning should either not be allowed or carry a suitable penalty. Several DUPR and Rally guys have had points deducted for,motor changes,gear ratio changes and tyre changes.

Thats the way I see it

If its fixed back to the way it was - all is good - if the specs change then a penalty applies. refer to DUPR 2009 results

Thanks for your very informative replies.

Makes sense, if it is going to make the car go faster it cops a penalty. I am interested kalbfellp that you checked only under the chassis. That explains a lot about why so many of your cars were borderline.

As host next round I am telling you now I will bend the rules for many of your benefit. I will be measuring 1.6 mm only under the axle and the rear of the pans as per metal chassis, but I will only expect 0.5mm under the gear as per my own track rules.

Any complaints, speak now or forever hold your piece. By the way this does NOT advantage my car. It has over 1.6mm under the gear. It just means no disqualifications as Mark has said. We will review the rules for next year no doubt.

Lastly please tell me, in the DUPR is the 1.6mm only under the chassis and not the gear? I am assuming it is after what kalbfellp said? Any hosts reading this please let me know. Like I said "throw us a bone here!"