Sign in to follow this  
SlotsNZ

Nzpr - New Zealand Proxy Race

The first two Australian entries arrived safely in today's post and have been put aside ready for the first round.

Devious, and oldslot. thanks for getting them here nice and early.

Mark

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Two more cars received safely today.

PhilK and the man-with-no-name in white.

i have only taken a cursory look at the cars from Oz so far (4 to date) - and you people are shameless, shameless I tell you. ONE just ONE set of clean braids amongst you....

yes, yes, we're really nice little kiwis, and we'll clean your messes up - - - shakes head in disbelief........ wanders off muttering 'shameless ozzies.......'

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Hi Mark,

mine is crossing the ditch as I write this.

Also congrets on the promo to moderator.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

I told you my car is as raced in the first Auslot proxy,you just did not believe me!

As for the 'other" car from the white man he think he just ran out of time, something tells me he is bust at work,he mumbled something about 12 hr days and trying to meet some sort of dead line! :lol:

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Pitlane . . . today I did NOT receive a stunning looking McLaren in Benneton livery, inside original case, with typed detail sheet, orange bell motor, Slot.it running gear etc . :nice: :lol::lol:

I have absolutely NO idea where your car may be . . . but am pleased to be the owner of a remarkedly similar - some might almost say IDENTICAL yellow and green Slot.it McLaren in Benneton livery....................

SHEESH Christian, it looks even better in the flesh than the pics........

Pitlane . . . today I did NOT receive a stunning looking McLaren in Benneton livery, inside original case, with typed detail sheet, orange bell motor, Slot.it running gear etc . :nice: :lol::lol:

I have absolutely NO idea where your car may be . . . but am pleased to be the owner of a remarkedly similar - some might almost say IDENTICAL yellow and green Slot.it McLaren in Benneton livery....................

SHEESH Christian, it looks even better in the flesh than the pics........

So much for taking 5-8 working days to cross the ditch.

As I said to Dave,

even if it comes last, it will be in a nice looking car.

The rear spoiler will properbly break again,

I will get a new one after the NZPR, and repaint it.

I just read you will have a swapmeet this weekend, there goes the Macca. ;):D:lol:

Are you taking photos of all the cars like Steve did?

You said it will be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:lol::lol:

Ferdinand Porsche

Hi folks, sort of bumping the thread, and a quick update.

As at this morning still waiting for Davnic74 and Aastes cars to arrive. I know they both left Oz a week ago.

No NZ entries have given me their cars!!!! but I'll chase that up today.

Due to me absence for a conference the week of the 18th to 22nd, the first round will probably have to be the week after that.

We'll run one or maybe even 2 rounds locally, to iron out any 'bugs' in how we do things before sending the whole tribe off to Orakei Raceway in Auckland.

If this sounds a bit "informal", remember we are doing this for the first time, and learning as we go.

Apart from one guy from Orakei having raced at Kennedy'rd's track in my team for an Enduro last July, and amonthly club meet in Auckland, they have little contact with other groups, so we need to give them some pointers on what has worked here. - which may take 2 "attempts" (rounds)

Pitlane - yep, I'll tae a line up of entries once we have them all here.

We may end up an entry short. If so, I will enter my Megane AND my Ascari. The Megane is slower than the Ascari, but is such fun to drive, and takes a different tack on how to make a "neutral" car, I think it would still be a good entry to have guys see running.

I also plan to try and shoot a short video clip of each car driving on track at some stage.

The "Startline Racing Express" team racing car has arrived safely - - very cool looking Merc there Steve.

Just Davnic's to come from Oz now.

EDIT: - Just noticed the nice note onthe back of your entry - thanks. - I was however hoping you might have entered that 'POC' you mentioned, in the forlorn hope that I might not have the slowest entry :blink::unsure:

The "Startline Racing Express" team racing car has arrived safely - - very cool looking Merc there Steve.

EDIT: - Just noticed the nice note onthe back of your entry - thanks. - I was however hoping you might have entered that 'POC' you mentioned, in the forlorn hope that I might not have the slowest entry :blink::unsure:

Hi Steve,

what happened to the Morgan?

Ferdinand Porsche

Hi Steve,

what happened to the Morgan?

Without major surgery it was never gunna make it. Whilst it was good on my track it was a dog elsewhere plus it had a few issues which limited the ability to improve in. Its now a home track special

And my final ignamony, is that the frog-mcdonald was so much fun to drive, I clocked about 1,000 laps just smiling at it circulating, and ended up wearing out the tyres I had spent so much time getting bag right after glueing to the hubs...... Chris threw a feeler gauge under it when I took it to club last week and declared it 1.3mm, and illgeal ........ aaaargggghhhhh.........

I did get the Ascari legal and running sweet, at least I have at the startline ready to go.

Very cool iniciative, SlotsNZ: this NZ/Oz proxy challenge is what one can call a boost for the hobby, not just spreading the word. This means you knowingly will get into some hard work to organize and make this competition work, for mere pleasure. It's great to see someone involved like that! :P

It's also very cool to see that the Oz gang quickly chimed in and is supporting your idea: I just hope that more Kiwis show up on the cars roster!

I'm anxiously waiting for the first race to see how it goes. Wish you good luck and success!

Cheers! :P

BigDog

Dave - your Mosler arrived today.

"admitting I have your car - priceless"

Truing - -$1,000 - per corner ;):lol::lol:

Everyone

I have deliberately not taken any of them onto a track here.

The first "action" will be scrutineering. Then Qualifying for round one, which I think we will hld at my home track 7th June, as I can set up and manage easiest in my own environment - (remember we all have trainer wheels on for this proxy thing here)

We have cars from 80 to 120 grams. By entrant choice/rechoice, we ended up with more non-podded than podded entries, so we will run them together as a single gang, then simply judge the results of them two groups distinctly as well as overall.

I am away from tomorrow morning for a few days, then daughter's engagement party, and a "royal ball" the same weekend here - Queens Birthday weekend, and trips to 3 "function centres" with Daughter 1 (or D1 as I call her) while she and fiance are in town, so she can try and figure out which one is most expensive, and choose that one for the wedding . . . sigh . . . . :lol:

Truing - -$1,000 - per corner :lol:;):lol:

Great,

Is that $1000 NZ or Aus....if NZ thats fine go ahead, both rears please... :lol: .

Do you have all entrants cars now?

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Dave, you are very lucky.

Mark is admitting that he received your car.

Mine is still MIA!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;):lol:

Has not arrived yet,

somehow a simular car was seen at a recent swapmeet. :lol::lol:

Mark,

enjoy the time off .

Ferdinand Porsche

Truing - -$1,000 - per corner ;):lol::lol:

Great,

Is that $1000 NZ or Aus....if NZ thats fine go ahead, both rears please... :lol: .

Do you have all entrants cars now?

I am exceedingly generous, that is NZ$1,000 per corner, I do however require a SMALL 100% deposit up front :)

I will of course be VERY thorough, and ensure that the wheels are more-or-less-ovally-round-ish after truing, and that the clearance is about 1.5995mm, and penalise you 25 laps :) :) :)

That of course is after I have finished cleaning the braids of the 2-heads entries, oldslot and most everyone else whose "car hygeine" leads me to believe I wouldn't like to share a small room with them :lol:

No, still waiting for at least 2 NZ entries . . . . . I tell you, it's like herding cats.

let's see now, $,2000 from Davnic, US$300 for sale of a yellow benneton McLaren . . . . . yep, the "wedding fund" is coming along just nicely........

just about $15,000 to go :(

Okay Guys

Update.

We plan to run scrutineering on Wednesday at 3pm NZ time - 1pm East Coast Oz time. kennedy-rd will scrutineer, with me there recording results.

Any "issues" will be communicated here, and to the entrants.

I plan to have scrutineering live on this channel http://www.justin.tv/slotsnz2009

THEN, I thought, if I run qualifying at 9.30pm NZ time - 7.30pm Oz time the same evening, more of you will be home and have the opportunity to watch it - same channel

Qualifying times will be updated after each car runs on page Qualifying Times

EDIT - Thanks to Christian from the CPR we are able to use his sheet, and he explained how to do auto re-publish, so that I can update the sheet after each qualifying time very quickly

G'day Mark,

Thank you for including me as an "observer" of the NZPR: I'm very curious as to how things will turn out on this challenge - although I'm sure you can pull it off "suma cun laude"! I'll be watching closely in the hope of learning a bit from you Kiwis and Aussies! ;)

BTW, is there anywhere I can see all the cars that are competing? :)

Cheerio lads! :)

BigDog

Entries, Kennedy-rd's entry with him today, new link showing car, entrant and scrutineering notes in a few minutes

P1060901.JPG

P1060902.JPG

P1060905.JPG

P1060906.JPG

P1060907.JPG

P1060908.JPG

P1060909.JPG

P1060910.JPG

P1060911.JPG

P1060912.JPG

G'day Mark,

Thank you for including me as an "observer" of the NZPR: I'm very curious as to how things will turn out on this challenge - although I'm sure you can pull it off "suma cun laude"! I'll be watching closely in the hope of learning a bit from you Kiwis and Aussies! ;)

BTW, is there anywhere I can see all the cars that are competing? :)

Cheerio lads! ;)

BigDog

BigDog,

Im sure you know there will be a broadcast in about 1/2 an hour, which Mark will probably show all of the entrants car's... :)

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Okay, all links here in one place.

Scrutineering live on this channel http://www.justin.tv/slotsnz2009 1pm Eastern time (15 minutes)

Scrutineering notes on page Scrutineering

sorry, no images working on that a bug inthe Excel publishing program, I'll have to fix it manually later - would take too long to do now.

But I will update the notes for each car as we go.

THEN, I thought, if I run qualifying at 9.30pm NZ time - 7.30pm Oz time the same evening, more of you will be home and have the opportunity to watch it - same channel

Qualifying times will be updated after each car runs on page Qualifying Times