Sign in to follow this  
SlotsNZ

Nzpr - New Zealand Proxy Race

My car arrived back today too, looked like it had not even been used except someone trued the tyres... :lol: :( , thanks Mark..

Total damage by the kiwi novices to any entrants car.....one wing miror broken off Pitlane3's macca, and PhilK's interior needed re-attaching.

some old ferrari took a bunjy dive to the floor at munter's as well, but suffered no harm. ..I mean, no safety fence along the front straight... brave mon!

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Sorry for the very slow response,BUT a great thanks to SlotsNZ and all involved in this Proxy Race. While I am new to proxy race is seems this event is run very well,no problems.

My cars results was a reflection of the time I managed to put in to prepare it! Bouncing it off the floor was what I felt like doing several times,poor choice of car,the chassis was like rubber!

Please consider allowing me to enter again next year,I will try and build a decent car next year,will be al ot more organised.

The class is great. I have already ordered a body from Phil.

Thanks again guys.

The Stig

Hi Mark,

the same cars were also running in Germany in the "Interserie".

http://www.racingsportscars.com/championship/Interserie.html

Are those cars allowed as well,

as some cars were cross entered on both sides of the Atlantic.

Just getting the little things out of the way.

Does the livery need to be original?

Or just period correct, ie no Red Bull or other current liveries.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Hi Christian

I've decided I won't even answer any questions Ad Hoc basis, or I'll spend the next two months doing exactly what I want to avoid, making work, and stress, and engaging in debates with some-one who doesnt like something, and thinks now is a good time to try and alter things.

PLUS, I may say something which then changes, which would create bulk confusion.

The rules will be out on 1st October, and people will then have a full month to decide IF they want to enter, and to check their collection and slot suppliers for eligble off-the-shelf entries, - or start researching for a suitable donor body for a relivery, or build from scratch.

That also gives me around 7 weeks between now and then to get the draft vetted by some people.

There are bound to be some curly issues I haven't understood or addressed :lol: :(

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Hi Mark,

was not trying to put you in a corner.

Had a quick look through that website, and I might know what I want to get.

Might not be the exact livery that car raced with, but it was from that time.

You enjoy your time to make up your mind.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Hi Mark,

was not trying to put you in a corner.

Had a quick look through that website, and I might know what I want to get.

Might not be the exact livery that car raced with, but it was from that time.

You enjoy your time to make up your mind.

NP Christian, I took it the way you meant, curious of course. I just figured if I answered that one, I'd turn around once, look back at the forum, and there'd be a trail of follow-ups from people, and several cans of worms crawling everywhere LOL.

I noticed one ozzie slot shop with quite a lot of FLY open lid classics for sale, some of which will be suitable donor cars at the very least.

I also know what I personaly would like to enter.... but suspect I would be unable to make it competitive or maybe even legal under the rules LOL......

The interest so far has been really good. Apart from Devious and oldslot I think everyone from the 2009 has signaled their intention to enter in 2010, as have a few others, including our first international guest invitational entry from that other hemisphere.

I won't start a 2010 thread yet, becuase when I do, I want to place the rules link, some resources/sources and a comment on the philosophy behind the rules in that first post, for continued easy access.

Well that makes EVERYBODY who ran in the 2009 a starter for 2010..... I'm smiling, but almost in disbelief. Thanks guys.

And tonight I had a request for an entry from a guy in another club in another part of the country. Someone who had been following the NZPR this year and the RAA, has never entered a proxy, or seen one running, but had caught the concept and is keen to have a crack at it.

So you just never know who is watching.

Well that makes EVERYBODY who ran in the 2009 a starter for 2010..... I'm smiling, but almost in disbelief. Thanks guys.

And tonight I had a request for an entry from a guy in another club in another part of the country. Someone who had been following the NZPR this year and the RAA, has never entered a proxy, or seen one running, but had caught the concept and is keen to have a crack at it.

What is the RAA? Is it a ChCh member?

just received my car back from N.Z. and it is in pristine condition thank you gentlemen for looking after the cars as you did

if anyone wants to know how to run a proxy event take a page from these blokes 12 out of 10 sheepshaggers