Nzpr - New Zealand Proxy Race

SlotsNZ

Reading the rules over again I raed it as Dave does 1.6 everywhere.

But I know some of the DUPR cars would not comply to this. Some were very marginal at Round one so would be under now. BUT they still would have what I consider reasonabe clearance.

Provided they don't bottom out on my track I would still run any car. Several cars arrived for round one too low and that was fixed mainly front. No penalties only Wets car had very little rear clearance and was bottoming out on the hump on my track. I would imagine that some of the cars are now under the 1.6mm at the gears.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it as 1.6mm everywhere and entered an appropriately complying car...even if it is slowbus.

It is legal under the rules.

If this rule was made clearer it would help any future entries I may care to make.

If I remember there were few cars that were legal, when the entered cars were first gathered by Mark.

I think my frustration and annoyance of this lack of clarity is slowly subsiding....

regards

John

ps I have to congratulate Mark on his drive and enthusiasm for getting this event underway

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Been furiously txting Mike. Congrats Kalbfellp! You beat me by two laps! Nothing wrong with those MJK's then! It was my worst fear, my car's can be hard to drive and so it proved for the "fill in driver". He preferred your heavier car, and his stint tipped the race in your favour. A lesson learned. Mike was hot on my heels by 0.5 of a lap.

I read it as 1.6mm everywhere and entered an appropriately complying car...even if it is slowbus.

It is legal under the rules.

If this rule was made clearer it would help any future entries I may care to make.

Just asking

How would you make it more clearer

Here you are guys, results of round 2 and series standings after 2 rounds.

Congrats to PhilK - the old dunger he dusted off won round 2. Kennedy Rd, 2nd, and Devious consistent in 3rd place overall, Mike Doo 3rd on his home track, big improvement.

Round 2 Results, Orakei Raceway

Series standings after 2 rounds

All I can say is, "flaming tracks where you need ballast" . . . mutter, mumble, whinge, whine, moan, complain.......

's all right munter, we have the 2 gloss tracks to run now, so if we can nobble KR's car while he's not looking, we have some chance of creeping a slot or two up the leaderboard.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

's all right munter, we have the 2 gloss tracks to run now

I know my car grips well on gloss with its rubber tires but those MJKs.....shakes head,looks at ground,rubs chin????

As for making the 1.6mm rule clearer...If it means just under the gear or chassis then say so please,if it means all around the chassis then also state that as well .The way I read this rule determined my entry choice.

Thank you gentlemen, I am quietly pleased with rounds one and two results.

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Thanks guys.

kennedyrdI assume the stand it ran on Red lane? Your lap score looks like it is a couple of laps down on where is should be.

Yes that is correct. Apparently he was really struggling initially so even the order which the cars ran could have made a big difference. It was very similar on the other two lanes where the locals raced. He has run on the track before but not for ages. Then as ex NZ Gp 15 champ once on the pace he was going to fly!

Well done, I am the next host so I have big shoes to fill. Mike and Allan's very comprehensive comments will be hard to beat. Mine are more likely to be "nice car" "not so nice car" so I will excuse myself now!

Thanks guys for your efforts over the weekend, well done to the place getters.

Looks like the mosler didn't like the tight track and red lane, hopefully it can shake the midfield status... :o

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

As for making the 1.6mm rule clearer...If it means just under the gear or chassis then say so please,if it means all around the chassis then also state that as well .The way I read this rule determined my entry choice.

Sorry - lost me as you read the rule correctly

Evryone who commented on it also read it the same as you read it so where is the problem

Lesson Learnt 7: No matter how many words are used to explain anything some will still ignore it and blame the wording for getting it wrong - KISS :o

Thanks guys for your efforts over the weekend, well done to the place getters.

Looks like the mosler didn't like the tight track and red lane, hopefully it can shake the midfield status... :o

Poor Dave was struggling early in the racing so if your car came up early you may have suffered somewhat. He was on red lane which was the qualifying lane and acknowledged as the fastest.

We actually need to take off caps and give the Orakei guys a solid round of applause.

They are a small private race group, who don't get a lot of outside exposure, and even had to call upon Dave who isn't a regular driver at their track, to give them enough manpower.

Plus, they took to the whole proxy idea, committing to hosting a round as well as entering a car, despite never having been involved in anything like that.

:o:D:D:D :clap:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all, been lurking around this forum since i got involved with the proxy.

It's been great fun participating and really enjoyed driving everyone's cars. Mike has put in alot to make this work here at Orakei,

I just had to turn up drive! Look forward to see how the cars get on at the other track(s)

btw i'm Alan from the Orakei track in case you're wondering.

Gidday Alan

glad to see you've come out of hiding :arggg:

DO appreciate you guys getting into it.... Now you need to get some enduro experience, - come down for the next Enduro - 8th August at Chris' place......

Hi all, Just to let you know that the next round will be held on Tuesday night 7pm NZ time on my track. Qualifying will be 2 pm NZ time with Mark coming over to help me out. Unfortunately I don't have the ultra high speed broad band to allow it to be televised but I will place the results up that night. All the drivers are arranged and all are very familar with the track.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Guys

Chris ran qualifying today, here are the results.

He was not available tomorrow, and I have limited time today as mrs-slotsnz turned 29 ......again.......

Qualifying round 3

Hi guys

well we ran round 3 tonight.

I have converted to pics, so everyone can read.

OH - - - EDIT: As you read these. White lane is fastest, then red, then yellow, and black is slowest, based on lane lengths. We put our fastest,most consistent guy on Black to offset that as much as possible. Of the rest of us, Munter, Kennedy-rd and myself, we're all much of a muchness.

resultsround3.jpg

And the positions after 3 rounds. A man can't win, I finish 5th, but drop another spot to 7th overall, because of WHO finished above me.....mutters.

positions3rounds.jpg

Mike Doo's car is getting better per round, and Devious pips PhilK for 2nd spot.

We won't mention the leader.........

I started off video recording a heat of each group of cars, but the card ran out of space, so I'll have to see what I have, and post some YOUTUBE if there is anything useful.

very nicely done guys

Someone has to be tail end charlie so I suppose I must be a right charlie :alcohol:

Now if the race was on a fast commercial track me thinks it may stand more of a chance. Its all good learning. The motor is just too much for the tyres I guess :arggg:

I have uploaded a couple of videos, what I got onto the card.

On Chris' track, which is a flat raceway, the lanes vary in length and lap time.

Inside white is shortest, then red, yellow, and finally black is the outside lane.

Mike W. who is our fastest driver was given black, - just to even things up a bit for the drivers ..... LOL

Group 3 which consisted of Munter, Aastes, Pitlane3 and oldslot

In Picture - Checkered top is Jarrod, who was alternate driver whenever one of the proxy driver's own car came up.

Also pictured, Steve S. far end at left who has just joined up, Aaron in "the hole" facing camera, and Phillip squatted down with his back to us

Jarrod regularly knocks one of the supposed "top 4" drivers out of "A finals" now, and Aaron did the same tonight in LMP which we ran after the proxy round.

These 3 keen teens are cheeky as heck - no; let me re-phrase that, JARROD is cheeky as heck, but good fun to have around, and they don't mind us old coots too much. Phillip drives a "light" stock car at the local speedway.

Group 2 which consisted of Davnic74, slotsnz, KalbfellP and TheStig

You should be able to notice the difference in pace between groups, with Group 2 being noticably quicker to drive.

Marshals in picture as before except Graeme now at top right of shot.

It always looks like the marshal in "the hole" facing camera is asleep. It is a trick of the angle they have to sit at, to face the cars looping the hairpin in front of them

Thanks to all involved with running this round and thanks for the video.

My Molsler would need to go on a diet for that track! But can't complain still in 3rd place with an old car.

Actually Phil,

I should have put in the notes. Your windscreen fell out while I was driving, - it seemed loose at the start of my heat, but still attached somewhere- and I couldn't stop the race..... Anyway, it fell out, slid back, fouled on the drive train. It was slowing the car, and I stopped it twice in front of me, to shake the screen back forward, then kept driving. I estimate that cost you 2 laps, see how you only got 23. laps on yellow - my lane, you should have got 25.

Black was Mike, he'll suck half a lap at least on anyone else in club.... same car basis..... we've found numerous ways to beat him, but they all involvee acts which carry a mandatory jail sentence.....

Will do running repair before the final round which will be later this month.

Thanks guys for your efforts running this rnd,congrats to the podium cars.

Very pleased with my cars result, considering my car didn't look like it was straight at any stage of the video :arggg: the MJK's are definatly struggling.

Great to see some video, nice track Chris :alcohol:

Oh and it looks like a big midfield battle for rnd 4 finale :cry:

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Very pleased with my cars result, considering my car didn't look like it was straight at any stage of the video :alcohol: the MJK's are definatly struggling.

I tried my best to drive it like I stole it Dave :arggg: :cry:

actually, apart from Kennedy-rd's car, they will all slide out before they roll over, whereas with silicons, we can barrel roll cars sometimes.

We're still getting better than 10 ft/second on most crs for average lap speed, which is a reasonable benchmark for a mid sized track.

Your;s was still fine to drive.

One thing I have learned..... I had heard SO MUCH about building a car that was seasy to drive, not too much power, so it is tractable, and easy to learn for drivers, so I put that blue bell motor in the Ascari. If I could go back, I'd have put an orange bell in it, and 10 grams lead as offset, or simply geared it higher, to reduce "snap" out of corners.

oldslot is suffering exactly the same thing with that black can NC-2. His car is extremely smooth to drive, and being plastic hubs etc, he should get a bow!

But his car is the most severely under-powered.

I think NC-5 with tall/high gearing, and Slot.it orange bell are the minimum motors to consider for this class of car on NZ tracks .....

I thought your NC-6 might be a bit lumpy due to torque twist, and a bit of a wild child to try and drive, but it is easy to drive, and quite predictable, so you can go hard with it late-brake diving into corners, and if the back comes out a bit much, just haul it back with the drive out of the corner, but it is easy to push hard.