Vinno

Racer / Sideways News

RCR65 - 250LM Scuderia Filipinetti - Le Mans 24hrs 1968 - H. Mueller / J. Williams

Due September ......

RCR651.jpg

RCR652.jpg

Silverline

SL09 - 250GTO - Equipe Nationale Belge #24 - Le Mans 24hrs 1963 - Beurlys / Langlois

Due early October ......

SL091.jpg

SL092.jpg

SL10 - 250GTO - F.Tavano Racing #25 - Le Mans 24hrs 1963 - P.Dumay / Elde

SL101.jpg

SL102.jpg

And lastly, this just in from Armchairracer ........

Transporter.jpg

RCRTRUCK - Racer is planning the Bartoletti Transporter which will be produced in a Limited Edition of 200 numbered units. This is a very unique project. Price will depend on the exchange rate at the time and the unknown freight cost, but we are expecting to retail the Transporter for under $500. At this time the release date is unknown as the production run is dependant on world wide orders.

Looks like time to pick up a bargain !

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

After seeing how good the lancia was straight out of the box monday night, nothing at all done to it, think I'll be investing in all these!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Flat 6 A/W on a good chassis, beautiful bodies and wheels, decent tyres...all for $69.

Looking at these car's from a price/detail/performance point of view, they are the best 32 cars I've ever seen.

My Capri is fabulous to drive, I'm buying every release in this series.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Goes well once you loosen the motor pod and drop it a couple of mm. Sat a bit tall in the tail prior to that and was twitchy but ran quite well loose. Looks fantastic.

Agree with comments re looks, manufacture quality is also outstanding.

What are the original tyres & how'd you find them for traction? Must say I also find it a little twitchy with original tyres and various chassis/pods looseness tried. Haven't dropped the height yet though, will try next.

Interesting doesn't cut it. I want one!!!!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I race on wood tracks and I found after purchasing the Lancia that its back end wagged a little. I also had vibration which was quite noisy.I swapped the back tires for Slot it N22's and gave the chassis a bit of work. Especially the flange on the sides of the body underneath. This was where the vibration noise came from. The flange does not touch the chassis now and runs smooth and 90% quieter. I didnt loosen the pod. No need to.I do have body float. Depends if you want resale on the car. I know I wont. It will stay in my collection.

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Funnily enough, I decided to work on my capri this afternoon, and came to the same conclusion. Tightened up the pod, which we almost never do . . . I think because the chassis are quite flexi - for plastic tracks, locking the pod to the chassis made the whole thing run better.

Re-trued the tyres, one had blown, re-fixed interior which fixing tags had come adrift, it's a different car now. 0.2 quicker than previous on my track. Feels much more planted.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thats great to hear. I hope the rest of the club embrace this class :) . They are exciting and pretty to watch and race. I see Mike has bought the Moby Dick porsche by Carrera. Couldnt wait could he ha ha ha.

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Next from Racer will be the Fiat 642 Bartoletti transporter, just the thing to carry around $750 worth of cars (3)

exo00012_1.jpg

This is the 682, it gives you a better idea

100809-01-1959_Fiat_682-RN2_open_deck_Ferrari_race_car_transporter_by_Carrozzeria_Bartoletti.jpg

Just out of interest, Is racer tied up with MMK?

1243.jpg

MMK already have the exact same transporter in limited numbers. What are the odds of two resin transporters being exactly the same?

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

First the 250 GTO, then the Toyota 2000GT and now the Datsun 240Z. These new Silver Line releases just get better and better, and I look forward to picking up the Datsun when it comes out.

How can Racer top that?

Cheers,

Frederick

Great idea DM, particularly as it's such an iconic car and the Revell version is so awful (performance wise that is - in terms of looks the Revell is excellent).

But isn't the number of potential reliveries a bit limited? I know it raced in metallic blue, metallic grey, red, and white, but apart from that what else? Perhaps some more obscure livery?

And as far as I know Revell have already done all the obvious liveries mentioned above.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick