Racer / Sideways News

Vinno

Actually looking forward to see these in the flesh and on the track.

Clevo

Yep i agree , these are going to be great, Racer detail and Slotit performance, at a fraction of the price..

I'm going to treat these like Noah did with the animal's 2 of each ;)

Um Dave . . they took 7 of the "clean animals" .... so you'd better start saving :lol::D

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is one great looking car...

http://www.armchairracer.com.au/Images/Sid.../SW02-FRONT.jpg

will have to start saving my pennies - (and more) hope they are still around when I have the $$ - that is always the concern for me - those 2 sweet looking SCX cars or one car - this one and the silver one look like must haves though....hmmm something will have to be sacrificed..

cheers

DM

sideways01.jpg

They have been available in Australia for a week now and it looks like another brand to give fantastic out of the box performance. They will suit the racer with some chassis adjustability and also the collector with Slot.it like detail and very high assembly quality.

I reckon they are well worth the $89. I put P6's on mine, added the magnetic suspension and removed the magnet and it's a great car to drive, and also very quick on the Carerra layout I ran it on, on a par with a similarly setup Slot.It McLaren.

I reckon they are well worth the $89. I put P6's on mine, added the magnetic suspension and removed the magnet and it's a great car to drive, and also very quick on the Carerra layout I ran it on, on a par with a similarly setup Slot.It McLaren.

What is the magnetic suspension?

They are two pretty sweet looking cars - and a must have for my collection..

cheers

DM

What is the magnetic suspension?

They are two pretty sweet looking cars - and a must have for my collection..

cheers

DM

SICH09_hrs.jpg

This is magnetic suspension. It is a Slot.it part, and all the Slot.it retailers should carry it.

The mirrors are very vulnerable, lost one when a car spun in front of me and went over the nose of mine. The mesh grille at the front looks very crisp.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Another new one on it's way from the Sideways stable

03fc3ecf.jpg

Bugger - it's a F

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next from Racer will be the Fiat 642 Bartoletti transporter, just the thing to carry around $750 worth of cars (3)

exo00012_1.jpg

This is the 682, it gives you a better idea

100809-01-1959_Fiat_682-RN2_open_deck_Ferrari_race_car_transporter_by_Carrozzeria_Bartoletti.jpg

But that'll be ok because the transporter will cost between 600 & 650 euro (around $875) .... but it will run on the track

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12798-car-transporters/

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

If I were a gazillionaire I'd probably collect Racer and Slot Classics, as well as the 1:1 renditions. The transporter will no doubt be a thing of beauty, but well outside the price range of this little black duck.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I must admit, I kinda like the car carrier. It would make for one hell of a shelf queen with three cars on deck for the" racer" collector.

If only Racer did Ford GT40's ..............................

Clevo

PS. With carrera's exclusive deal with Ferrari, how would this go with production as it still using the lienced brand?

Edited by Cleveland

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

PS. With carrera's exclusive deal with Ferrari, how would this go with production as it still using the lienced brand?

Same question I asked myself, as according to the Nurburg reports Racer are planning to release some very sexy 512S, 275P, 312P and 250GTO Ferraris this year.

Edited by KarKraft

• Vinno unpinned this topic