Racer / Sideways News

Vinno

We recieved a message from Marco from Racer about the new Sideways Brand being released by Racer soon. I am sure some have seen pictures of the Riley by now but for those who haven't here it is.

Riley-MK_194_2.jpg

My name is Marco of RACER Slot cars. I'd like to send you some info about our first

plastic slot car under brand SIDEWAYS which will be ready for deliveries by the end

of November hopefully.

The car you will see in the photos is still a sample to be completed in some details

and definitive production will start soon.

First two liveries available together as follows:

SW01 - Riley MKXX - Riley-Matthews Motorsport / Daytona 24hrs 2008 #91

SW02 - Riley MKXX - AIM Autosport / Daytona 24 hrs 2008 #61

Car is equipped with Slot.it complete gear and inline motor mount. This model is

anyway ready to accept all latest Slot.it solutions such as angle-winder motor mount,

boxer engine, light system and the chip for new Digital system.

Adjustable front axle and removable torsion bar are also a couple of innovations

introduced on this new chassis.

We remain at your disposal for any further information you may need.

Best regards

RACER Slot cars

Cheers vinno

Thats not a bad looking car at all, and with slot.it running gear how could you go wrong. Any chance of a review on this one when it comes in?

Just when I was thinking of slowing down the collection, they bring out another Brand :(

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Brilliant, breath of fresh air for sure. Not just the cars, but also the forum responses so far - nothing negative.

The other forums have bitched and moaned at Racers decision to make these, calling them ugly - but I quite like them.

I think they embrace what prototype racing is all about, and I'm glad Racer have jumped into plastic production with these.

The details shown on the #91 look great, and we know they'll run well sitting on Slot.It running gear, and they've even thrown in some non standard bits, cool.

I'm really looking forward to these, and reckon both the first 2 liveries will find their way into my xmas stocking - even if I have to put them there myself.

That gold/black #61 looks awesome, hopefully Racer do it justice, which I'm certain they will.

No shortage of liveries to do, so should be plenty of variety for a club class, with parity assured.

Might just have to take the plunge and get the new Fly 01 car, and stick a Slot.It back end in, while I'm waiting for the real thing to get here. :(

I think this will be a massive problem for Fly, i know that i wont be buying many more Fly's and intend on clearing out alot of my Fly collection..

The quality of these new Racer release's (Slotit running gear) will be better than Fly, and looking at the MB Slot future release's, with all inter changable part's and (CHEAP) try and find a rear axle and spur or Rim's for your Fly....

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

I think this will be a massive problem for Fly, i know that i wont be buying many more Fly's and intend on clearing out alot of my Fly collection..

The quality of these new Racer release's (Slotit running gear) will be better than Fly, and looking at the MB Slot future release's, with all inter changable part's and (CHEAP) try and find a rear axle and spur or Rim's for your Fly....

FLY must be getting squeezed in the main market in europe by all these new entrants.

Certainly for those of us who like to drop a car on track and expect it to perform reasonably well, it is a boon.

And yet, and yet, ...... Fly do put out a product that consistently LOOKS good...... so I would hate to see the last of them.......

What we really need is FLY to go 2.38mm axle, and make every car "racing" at the price they do stock models for .....now wouldn't that be nice......

I am currently staring every day into my "wardrobe display cabinet" at a still boxed FLY Racing F40 "Time" Daytona livery, and going, gee, I wanna use this thing, oh, maybe I sell it and just run the Slot.it test car when it comes...oh gee, that FLY looks so good......." temptation . . . .

Hey Davnic, if you have ay particular parts needs yourself, try checking through your local guys for FLY parts, they do have a large parts inventory available to their distributors. I have managed to get rims and rear spoilers for Capris, - and quite a few other bits in the Oz market myself.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Im with you on this one Davnic. Fly already have a sales problem with all the new maker's in the market, hence why they were going after all the collector's with their limited editions , and to more resently the cheaper plain cars and rileys which are cheaper then the standard cars fly sell. Slot.it have taken a huge chunk of there sales and it wont be long till NSR grab more of the classic market with their GT40mkIV's and 917's etc. IMO NSR are going to be the next big thing in slot cars with there classic's range. I cant wait for the P68 and 917's (hopefully put the nail in fly's coffin).

The two main shops here in SA only order in Fly if someone wants them as they dont sell. So no more shop stock. I wish sideways all the best and I hope they are successful and I will be collecting all their cars.

Clevo

PS: If the Fly REP rang me and said, Clevo we'll give you two choices.

1- jump in your car now and come down here to grab as many FREE fly car's that you want or,

2- Masterbate with a cheese grater...........

I would rather grab the band aides than the car keys....................... :(

Im with you on this one Davnic. Fly already have a sales problem with all the new maker's in the market, hence why they were going after all the collector's with their limited editions , and to more resently the cheaper plain cars and rileys which are cheaper then the standard cars fly sell. Slot.it have taken a huge chunk of there sales and it wont be long till NSR grab more of the classic market with their GT40mkIV's and 917's etc. IMO NSR are going to be the next big thing in slot cars with there classic's range. I cant wait for the P68 and 917's (hopefully put the nail in fly's coffin).

The two main shops here in SA only order in Fly if someone wants them as they dont sell. So no more shop stock. I wish sideways all the best and I hope they are successful and I will be collecting all their cars.

Clevo

PS: If the Fly REP rang me and said, Clevo we'll give you two choices.

1- jump in your car now and come down here to grab as many FREE fly car's that you want or,

2- Masterbate with a cheese grater...........

I would rather grab the band aides than the car keys....................... ;)

Haha.....you are only talking about the Australian market here which isnt even a pimple on the world markets butt!

We are seriously a extremely small but diverse(broad) market!

The latest releases from FLY that have gone well are the F40's and their version of the Riley also!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

I am glad I held off buying the Fly version as this will be much better value. Here is a rear shot of the car.

Riley-MK_202_2.jpg

;) ....bye-bye FLY...HELLLLO Sideway's...atleast i can start collecting these from the first edition, unlike the Slotits that were released before i got back into this addiction..OPPS hobby 3 years ago.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Sideways have all the credentials for a great car, applealing to club racer's or collector's alike with a fair price (apparently?). With a parent company like Racer, who's cars are renowned for their fantastic detail and also with slot.it running gear you know there going to be a hit on the track.

The detail in these photo's looks superb. Only problem now is where to find the closest place to pre-order a few of these.

Sideways have all the credentials for a great car, applealing to club racer's or collector's alike with a fair price (apparently?). With a parent company like Racer, who's cars are renowned for their fantastic detail and also with slot.it running gear you know there going to be a hit on the track.

The detail in these photo's looks superb. Only problem now is where to find the closest place to pre-order a few of these.

Your friendly local Racer dealer.

Guy's

I have another email from Marco with some answers to your questions.

"After reading comments, just would like to send you a few words about pricing since it seems there's some confusion between Racer and Sideways products. Sideways is our brand for plastic slot cars "industrially" produced, as you probably know, like for other manufacturers in China. Prices will be therefore close or similar to Slot.It and other makes level."

"Racer models, on the other hand, are a totally handcrafted production. Limited, due to the nature itself of such kind of product and worked out and assembled by specialized staff in Italy. No pop-up parts here, every single piece or photoetched part is glued on the body in such a way as not to show defects or junctions. Moulding and painting are also professionally performed in our factory, All of this result in a very long working time and render each model a real collector item. The price range of course is totally different.

Many thanks again for your kind attention

Ciao, Marco"

Thanks Marco, for an insight into the manufacturing of Racer and Sideways branded cars. I would have put this up earlier but the weekend was busy.

Vince

Just saw the other liveries on Armchairs site.Looks like were in for a few beaut colour schemes. Love the black and orange version.

Can anyone shed some light on the "Ford" windscreen band on the blue & black #6 riley ?

Clevo

Can anyone shed some light on the "Ford" windscreen band on the blue & black #6 riley ?

Riley are the predominant chassis supplier, and Ford are one of the Engine suppliers (Lexus, Pontiac, Porsche and BMW in the mix too).

I've found this site to be pretty informative about the cars, liveries and the series in general:

http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/

This was also good for the images of all the series car - spot your favourite livery:

http://www.daytona24hr.com/

I'm really, really looking forward to these, will become a great race class I reckon.

Edited by tvwino

• 4 weeks later...
Actually looking forward to see these in the flesh and on the track.

Clevo

Yep i agree , these are going to be great, Racer detail and Slotit performance, at a fraction of the price..

I'm going to treat these like Noah did with the animal's 2 of each :lol:

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• Vinno unpinned this topic