Racer / Sideways News

Vinno

• 3 weeks later...

I recently had the opportunity to test drive one of the black presentation cars that were made for the Nuremburg festival. The car was wonderful to drive even with the stock tires. I did not sand the tires as the car didn't belong to me but they gripped fairly well on my painted Scaley Sport track. The Flat-6 motor seemed to have plenty of grunt and the handling was very predictable. In my opinion this is going to be an excellent series of cars and I for one can't wait.

Regards

Rico

Edited by reek455

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

A trip to the Armchair & back home with a few cars,, one of them being the Sideways Capri,,, on my small & constantly turning track it was very hard to open the lungs on this machine, but even harder for the tyres are very hard,,,,,, Why dont these come with good rubber like the Slotits of late??

Strange Neil as I gave mine a run on Friday on Ferrodor track with clear coat and the tyres were excellent. Very soft in my instance!

I guess I'm too spoilt by P6's grip,,, & the last few Sit's out of the box ran just as good as P6s,, but better than P5's.... though the Capri looks awsome & looks as if its doing good lap times standing still..

Guest jazzbell

Very sweet looking car.

Looking forward for the arrivals here in Adelaide. Nice to see a new model on the market that will be a worthy drive.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning. We got caught out by the popularity of sw14, sold out prior to reaching the shelf. On the track these models were for us a little tricky to start with, but we've found the basic set up, and my Capri is about a match to slot.it's Lola on the Melbourne model raceway track.

Marco, how long until the Lancia reaches our shores? Enquiring minds want to know :)

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

You're not wrong there Mark, on both counts. We sold out before they reached the shelves, and can't get any more for weeks. I take it you've been talking to Cathy? I'm told demand is four times greater than anticipated by retailers, which is just unheard of. We missed our number by at least 50%, but honestly, you need a crystal ball when ordering slot cars for a shop....

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

• Vinno unpinned this topic