Total Slotcar Numbers 2008  

306 members have voted

1. 1. 1. How Many Slotcars Do You Own?

• 50 Or Less
    • 51-100
    • 101-250
    • 251-499
    • 500+
  2. 2. 2. What Brand Is Most Prominent In Your Collection?

• Scalextric
    • Fly
    • Ninco
    • Slot.It
    • Other (Please Specify)
  3. 3. 3. What Style Of Car Is Most Prominent In Your Collection?

• Open Wheelers
    • Touring Cars (V8's, WTCC, BTCC, NASCAR, DTM, etc)
    • Sports/GT/LMP
    • Rally
    • Other (Please Specify)

Firstly, hello again to everyone out there at Auslot! :blink:

You haven't heard from me for a while but that's because I've taken a bit of a break from the hobby. I still buy and race cars but not as much as I did in previous years. Hopefully the initial enthusiasm will return so I can become more active in regards to the forum and racing aspects of slotcars.

Upon looking through the other 'total slotcar numbers' thread I couldn't help but notice the constant requests from Eno to create a new thread to get an updated list of statistics regarding our collections. It's been over three and a half years since the original topic was posted and, while some of you have listed newer figures at yearly intervals, a lot of members only replied way back in 2005. That and the fact that the numbers of users on this forum has grown rapduly since then are reason enough to create a new thread and, therefore, get a more accurate set of data. B)

Just like the original, not only state how many cars you have but the manufacturer splits as well. Eg. 5 Scaley, 2 Ninco, 1 Carrera, etc.

You will also notice two other questions relating to brand and style. Due to limited poll options I've selected the more well-known brands and styles in general. For the third question it may also be interesting to mention what sort of era of that particular style you like to collect. :blink:

Well, I'll start the ball rolling:

1. 26 in total:

- 12 Scalextric.

- 3 Ninco.

- 2 Fly.

- 4 Slot.It.

- 1 Vanquish MG.

- 1 MRRC.

- 1 SCX.

- 2 Revell-Monogram.

2. Scalextric (approx 50%).

3. Probably Sports/GT/LMP although "Sports" is a very general category!

GT40, Mustangs, DBR9, 60's/70's Corvettes, Shelby Cobra, Group C, 90's GT/LMP, Ninco Porsche, and possibly others too. I probably have a greater number of "classic" cars in my collection but I've been buying more modern cars as of late. I don't really collect a particular era or style of car, just what I like! ;)

You've heard from me, over to you now! B)

PS Staff, please feel free to move/delete if you feel that this thread is unnecessary or too similar to the old one.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

Welcome back Freddy,

I managed to do a count last weekend and came up with a total of 370...

Mostly Fly over 100, 43 Slotit, then Scaley,Ninco,SCX,Carrera,MG Vanquish,Autoart,Cartrix...

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Well done with the new poll Freddy.................its been well overdue B)

It will be interesting to compare the results from both polls, and to see which way the trends go.

And to how many cars I have...............well there's a few, I ticked the 500+ box. Collection in order of numbers in brands

1. Scalextric
  2. slot.it
  3. fly
  4. scx
  5. nsr
  6. sloter

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

G'day Freddy good to see you back. I am away so don't have an inventry of brands but it is somewhere around 160 in total. I have been buying cars for projects recently so these cars are in various stages and not running. I have backed off on temptation and mainly only get new Slot.it models and various GT cars. I don't even buy V8's any more as I don't want to get caught up in the collecting bug.

• 5 months later...

Newbie to 1:32 scale, only 10 at the mo and a kit under construction... Prefer GT and road cars and I'm discovering the road cars are a little harder to come by in 1:32 than they were at HO.

Breakdown... Predominantly scaley (gotta start somewhere) with SCX Morgan Aero 8 and Auto Art Bugatti Veyron thrown in for good measure.

Ocar Morgan 4/4 under construction.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 11 months later...

Did a clean out the other day and repacked my collection into categories.

I did two loads in a Commodore station wagon tranferring them from

the shop to the spare room at home. I have been collecting about one a week

on average, and today i have over 750 cars still in their boxes.

I will have to take long service leave to get a chance to drive them all.

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

I have two collections "running" and "in bits"

5 scalextric

5 scx

6 slot.it

1 MB slot

3 NSR

8 ninco

8 spirit.

2 scaleauto

1 fly

2 proslot

1 sloter.

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

A tad over 100 for me....

9 x Pioneer (think silver)

17 x Slot.It's (missed the boat on these by about 2 years)

80+ Scalextric (GT40, Mustang, Camaro, Lotus 49, V8's, Caterhams)

1 x NSR

I really need to show the wife some of Clevo's collection to put everything into perspective.

Cheers

Mark

A tad over 100 for me....

9 x Pioneer (think silver)

17 x Slot.It's (missed the boat on these by about 2 years)

80+ Scalextric (GT40, Mustang, Camaro, Lotus 49, V8's, Caterhams)

1 x NSR

I really need to show the wife some of Clevo's collection to put everything into perspective.

Any pics mark?

:) I've really got to show some of these figures to HL. He shakes his head in dismay whenever there's a parcel turns up here with my name on it.

Updated count of 28 RTRs...

Of which 6 are HL's Morgans (3 SCX, 3 Carrera)

5 are his kids (2 drift cars, the 2 cars from the original Top Gear set, 1 Carrera Bel Air)

3 shelf queens ( 1 AutoArt Veyron, 1 Scaley Anniversary Mini, 1 MB Slot Zonda which is overpowered for the track but would hopefully be respectable to take visiting)

Matched running pairs: 2 Ninco Classic, 2 Ninco Rally, 2 Ninco Exiges, 2 SCX 4WD Rally, 2 SCX non 4WD Rally, 2 Scaley Maxis ie) half are his

Mine: 2 Scaley Toranas, 1 Pioneer Bullit (finally gave in and got one...cheap, no box) 1 Scaley classic Merc retired due to injury (Must fix that some day)

Non RTR:

1 Ocar Morgan 4/4

1 '36 Ford Roadster kit bash attempt

Underconstruction: 1 '49 Ford Tudor kit bash attempt

2 Penelope Pitlane Classics awaiting construction

I really don't know what His Lordship is on about. Most of them are his. :rolleyes:

Embs

PS: We won't count the growing pile of 1:32 plastic kits that will be mobile at some stage. :rolleyes: Or the couple of resin shells currently on order... or the one hiding in the drawer. <_<

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Okay, got a few minutes tonight to take a couple of photos- got to keep Manic happy.....

GT40's (the Ltd Ed #20 is missing - unsure where I've put that car, but it's around somewhere)

Collection_1.jpg

Mustangs

Collection_3.jpg

Camaro's (damn range presentation is going for $500 AUD which I'm not willing to pay)

Collection_2.jpg

Slot.It's/Sideways/NSR (not many of the latter 2)

Collection_6.jpg

Pioneer Found a good source for those Silver ones :(

Collection_4.jpg

Lotus 49's

Collection_5.jpg

I'm waiting to complete my Caterham collection so I'll post up some pics when that is complete....

Have about 12 V8's and another 10 run-around cars for the kids (couldn't be bothered taking photos of those)

Cheers

Mark

Pioneer Found a good source for those Silver ones :D

Collection_4.jpg

Explains why Rick1776 is always painting them. They're for you. :P

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

That's a fantastic collection you have there Mark. :D

As I sit here at work I'm quickly turning a very bright shade of green!

Love the Pioneer silver bullitts, 4! And what's the story with the 9 Lotus 49s? I have 1 of each of the #5 and #7 cars - they are beautiful.

What do you think of the Sideways Rileys? I've been seriously thinking of getting the red livery.

Why thank you.....

I was fortunate enough to buy the Silver Bullitt's over time from a good legitimate online source :D (poor Rick) - they are looking like a good investments as the last one went on the bay for 153 quid.

And yes the 9 x 49's - well what can I say, most came from the UK due to their limited availability and I'm hoping they'll be a good future investment

Haven't run any of the Rileys yet, but I've heard they are excellent. I'll get around to racing them at some point in the future. Had all 6 on order at one stage but ended up cancelling 4 of the 6. I saw the Red one at Armchair a few months back and I'll admit it was extremely difficult to not buy it.

If you hadn't already guessed I'm a bit of a bargain hunter.

Mark

Guest jazzbell
What do you think of the Sideways Rileys? I've been seriously thinking of getting the red livery.

Good car,easy to set up and the red livery is a good looker :D

But i think some better looking liveries ars coming out.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

I managed to do a count last weekend and came up with a total of 370...

Mostly Fly over 100, 43 Slotit, then Scaley,Ninco,SCX,Carrera,MG Vanquish,Autoart,Cartrix...

From the above post i went to around 430, but now back down to 350 even after recent sales...

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Okay, got a few minutes tonight to take a couple of photos- got to keep Manic happy.....

GT40's (the Ltd Ed #20 is missing - unsure where I've put that car, but it's around somewhere)

Mustangs

Camaro's (damn range presentation is going for $500 AUD which I'm not willing to pay)

Slot.It's/Sideways/NSR (not many of the latter 2)

Pioneer Found a good source for those Silver ones :P

Lotus 49's

I'm waiting to complete my Caterham collection so I'll post up some pics when that is complete....

Have about 12 V8's and another 10 run-around cars for the kids (couldn't be bothered taking photos of those)

Cheers

Mark

Miveson

Very nice collection indeed :D .

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Good car,easy to set up and the red livery is a good looker :D

But i think some better looking liveries ars coming out.

Ah the 'waiting place', I'm already there waiting for the NSR P68.

Just ordered the Sideways Gainsco red Riley and if its half as good as the reviews I've read, it will not be the last Sideways I order.

But I agree with you, some of the up coming liveries and designs looks great!

• 8 months later...

After a cull of many of my shelf queens I did a stocktake of my collection again today.

It took much quicker than it used to take. From a peak of about 400 cars,

Now I have only 105:

46 Scalextric

17 FLY

14 Ninco

19 SCX

5 Slotit

4 Proslot

If i try very hard I might even be able to get back down into the 0-100 category.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions