Scalextric's Next Gt40

dangermouse

Hi all

well I do like collecting the GT40s and looking through the catalog Scalextric has released a nice set of them, I wonder what the next one will be,

here are some suggestions

#4 Gold with green front - go well with the #5 and fill in the missing number in the sequence -

it was driven by Mark Donohue & Paul Hawkins

http://www.legacydiecast.com/product_images/ex18046.jpg

http://62.149.36.46/~bruce/cgi-bin/ford66-4.jpg

there are a few that Fly does that scaley doesn't so they could get one from there

the #6 in royal blue and yellow looks good B)

perhaps another Gulf livery - #65 from le mans 68??

myself I would like them to release the yellow Mk11 #8 as a standard car - the LTD would still be collectable plus I figure there aren't too many of them available anymore (excusing the 2 on you know where at the moment) or the MK1 #8

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/d...lysFordGT40.jpg

that would also fil in a missing number

So what do you think - what are some likely contenders for Scaley's next GT40?

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

Hi all

well I do like collecting the GT40s and looking through the catalog Scalextric has released a nice set of them, I wonder what the next one will be,

here are some suggestions

#4 Gold with green front - go well with the #5 and fill in the missing number in the sequence -

it was driven by Mark Donohue & Paul Hawkins

http://www.legacydiecast.com/product_images/ex18046.jpg

http://62.149.36.46/~bruce/cgi-bin/ford66-4.jpg

there are a few that Fly does that scaley doesn't so they could get one from there

the #6 in royal blue and yellow looks good :)

perhaps another Gulf livery - #65 from le mans 68??

myself I would like them to release the yellow Mk11 #8 as a standard car - the LTD would still be collectable plus I figure there aren't too many of them available anymore (excusing the 2 on you know where at the moment) or the MK1 #8

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/d...lysFordGT40.jpg

that would also fil in a missing number

So what do you think - what are some likely contenders for Scaley's next GT40?

cheers

DM

DM

There are hundreds of other livery's that could be done. All the cars had different race numbers/liveries for the other endurance races for the year ,eg Spa,Monza, Daytona etc etc, let alone all the Leman's versions which haven't been done. So I hope a lot more are on there way at Scalextric

Its funny how both Scalextric's last two GT40's were low number Limited editions from fly. Not sure which one will be done next but I would love to see P1047 in the Lemans livery of 1967, race number 57 driven by Bucknum & Hawkins . There are endless possibilities of Gulf liveries GT40's due to the other races.

Also you would have noticed that three resent limited edition scalextric GT40's, #43 & #20(slot city) & #40 (coming later) are all masters racing cars (not sure about the green & gold one). So dont be suprised to see more newer liviey GT40's from Historical racing.

If Scaley do, do another GT, you could be right about a Gulf livery. If you want to sell a model just paint it up as a Gulf race car. Gulf liveries are a licence to print money

Clevo

PS- I know theres a beautiful yellow & black #8 GT40 on ebay at the moment that would love to be in your collection :huh:

Edited by Cleveland

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

#57 looks good - maybe they could just release all these cars http://mygt40.com/myPictures/GT40MkIV-LeMans-67-1b.jpg - call it the Le Mans Start Set :) (of course then they would have to do a Mark IV) so maybe this pic is better http://mygt40.com/myPictures/start%2066%20lemans.jpg I think I have 3 or 4 of the cars in that pic - #4 would be nice)

"Its funny how both Scalextric's last two GT40's were low number Limited editions from fly" my vote then is for the blue and yellow #6 it looks sweet as..

yeah watching the #8 may go for too many $$ for me -

wonder if this is the #40

http://www.imca-slotracing.com/images/Spa1...FordGT40-40.jpg

need a good book on GT40s :huh:

this has some good pics

http://www.carmemories.com/cgi-bin/test.cg...Racing/The+GT40

I might have to start collecting the Fly ones as well :huh: #130 looks good

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

DM

The #40 I was refering to is the third car in this years German limited editon GT40's. The white and blue car. Below is a pic of the real car. This thing is absolutely Beautiful, and I would say is pretty close to sex on wheels.

GT40204020C2943a20Real1.jpg

I know the pic Scalextric is showing for this third car is very bland, but so was the photo for the second car (the green and gold version) but the finish product was a vast improvement to what Scalextric was advertising. I've already got a few of these pre-ordered and hoping they do this car as by the photo above.

Clevo.

• 2 months later...

DM

I've been thinking about this one the other day, which GT40 Scaley will release next. Seeing that Scalextric's last two versions have also been, two limited editions/ low numbers made by fly. I wouldn't mind putting a quid on the mk1 #12 light blue version of Ireland/Rindt 1966 Lemans. fly only brought it out in the kit form. These fly versions were only meant to be in low numbers, (around 400). So going on Scalextric's current form this has to be near the top of the list (IMO anyway :) ).

Clevo

DM

I've been thinking about this one the other day, which GT40 Scaley will release next. Seeing that Scalextric's last two versions have also been, two limited editions/ low numbers made by fly. I wouldn't mind putting a quid on the mk1 #12 light blue version of Ireland/Rindt 1966 Lemans. fly only brought it out in the kit form. These fly versions were only meant to be in low numbers, (around 400). So going on Scalextric's current form this has to be near the top of the list (IMO anyway :) ).

Clevo

I would prefer the Targa Florio #130 one myself - you may be right. Do they follow a pattern?- ie last year was a MK1 - this year a MK2 - so does that make next year a MK1 again?? I haven't been collecting long enough to know

need a website which tells you which models were released when.

cheers

DM

• 1 month later...
Now I know I picked a half dozen cars or so but my first prediction in the post was the #4 car... :) the one we will see this year..

cheers

DM

Not a bad guess at all DM......... I was nowhere near the money. The third German GT40 should be out this week (apparently). Picture in post#4, blue & white car #40.

With this years release of the GT40, I would love to see one of the green race livery scheme's from Lemans.

Need some different colours in the collection to break it up a bit. If not a green one, one of the Alan Mann racing cars in the red with gold stripes would look awesome, especially sitting next to the Alan Man twin pack later in the year.

So here's my picks.........

1. Green Race Livery (Please)
  2. Alan Man Racing
  3. #57 Lemans 67 (thats were my ebay name originates)

Clevo

Edited by Cleveland

If you have any links to pics of the cars can you post them please?

Were there any other numbers/liveries in the bronze /gold cars - like the #4 amd #5 ? I have 2 #5 for some reason they don't fetch a lot so I might re-number it and repaint the nose if necessary.

Is this one green or gold/bronze http://www.gt40.org.uk/Cars/images/1078-17a.jpg

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

• 1 month later...

DM

Do you have many GT40 DVDs?

For years I just had 'La Ronde Infernale' on video tape, but I just bought the Duke one which summarises everything nicely, including some images of the Le Mans pits. Then I checked Pitstop's website and found 'full' version (45-60 min ) DVDs of '68 and '69 Le Mans as well as Ford's film on the '66 win and the earlier development.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pics of the #4 are up on SCI

The detail looks good very nice car...

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/News/Sca...rd-GT40-3-4.jpg

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/News/Sca...d-GT40-side.jpg

C3026-Ford-GT40-detail.jpg

can't wait to get one..

ok is it too early to start talking about the 2010 GT40 - lets hope they decide to complete the Holman Moody lineup from '66 and do this one ford66-6.jpg

I know Fly has already done it but who can find one of those around today...

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

I see that it is marked as released by MRE - hopefully they will be here soon as well.. I remember the #7 was out in the UK for a couple of weeks before we saw them... what is with the listed RRP on MRE site - I won't be buying many Scalextric cars if they are RRP $88 ( unless they come with a slot.it (or equivalent) tune up kit :D) I see the new 250 Ferrari is ~$60 here hopefully that is closer to the mark for other cars coming this year....after all I want to buy a few

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up the new GT40 today from Scalexworld . Havent seen them anywhere else as of yet. The gold & green doesnt look that bad after all. I havent taken any pic's of mine,but you can see it on scalexworld's site.

Clevo

• 4 weeks later...

Got my #4 on the weekend

Got a spare #7 that I plan to use for a repaint - I was going to do it as the Yellow #8 but picked one up from an OS Forum so I now need a suggestion for a suitable car for a repaint of a MK11 Chassis - the #57 is a possibility but it has wicked stripes - thought about the Andrettie #6 as well but have a feeling Scaley could do that one next year (fingers crossed) which leaves me looking for some fresh ideas....

any thoughts? links or pics would be appreciated

cheers

DM

DM, if your after some very cheap mkII's for repainting buy the Scalextirc club car from a few years back. The scalextric club is now offering them at very low prices.It is the very ugly red one, which would be perfect for repaints.

The #57 is a favourite of mine, but if your after a stunning paint scheme any of the Alan Mann red & gold cars look a treat. also for something different the purple GT40's are eye catching

Clevo

DM, if your after some very cheap mkII's for repainting buy the Scalextirc club car from a few years back. The scalextric club is now offering them at very low prices.It is the very ugly red one, which would be perfect for repaints.

The #57 is a favourite of mine, but if your after a stunning paint scheme any of the Alan Mann red & gold cars look a treat. also for something different the purple GT40's are eye catching

Clevo

I think the Alan Mann ones were Mk1s with the air intakes on them.

I am thinking #6 or maybe the #98 Daytona car - I think Fly does it though I don't see any evidence in the Shelby book of the fluro panels Fly as put on there model. The other option is to get game and have a go at the Red #1 Roadster from Sebring... or the Holman Moody #4 from Sebring with the Matt Black bonnett looks bronze in colour

I figure you could be right with Scalextric doing Alan Mann GT40s next year.

In the Shelby book page 98 there is a pick of 5 MkII 1966 LeMans entries - I have worked out 3 of them #3, #2, #8 I can't work out the 3rd one and the last one. Both appear either white or light blue one with 2 black stripes - I thought one may be the one Hansgen was driving when he crashed the other may be the #1 car as it appears the red nose was a late addition.

#1 Yellow from Daytona 67, would look good next to the Yellow #1 MKIV :rolleyes: (which became #2 at Le Mans so confusing...)

oh the indecision so many choices :(

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse