phoeno29

2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally Official Thread

Can you squeeze me in? Ninco WRX

Yes I know half the field will be Ninco's and the other half will be WRX's but mine will be different. It will be the one that bends every rule. Flared guards allowed?

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

If there are any spaces left I would be keen to enter, I missed this thread up until now, Happy to go on a waiting list as a standby if I have to. Will almost certainly go with an SCX car if I get an entry.

Thanks,

Antony

Current List ..... Here

Still waiting on Mexico 2000 ..... as he showed so much interest at the beginning, i can only assume he's building something spectacular and is waiting untill the last minute to enter!

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Current List ..... Here

Still waiting on Mexico 2000 ..... as he showed so much interest at the beginning, i can only assume he's building something spectacular and is waiting untill the last minute to enter!

Gazza,

you might only have 30 entries, as

# 4 Eno and

#30 Eno the Wonderdog.

Would think the dog doublebooked himself. :D

Or he bought a second Opel!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

I've been really keen to find a proxy series to enter and try my hand at this form of racing (not expecting too much to be honest! Still too much of a newbie I think! :D ) but if there is a space for me and it's ok to enter a car from halfway around the globe in Ireland then I'd like to put my name down please (plus it will give me an excuse to buy a suitable car, all the Rally cars in my collection are pre-2000 at the moment).

I'll bew in - just gotta finsd acar

Don't reckon I could find my car either if I was drinking the same as you :D

Phoeno must be a little behind with the updates on the web but everyone should also check here 08/09 DUPR Web to see if they have been added.

(Only one Eno - could we handle more? :lol: )

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi Ronan .

All welcome to this Proxy as we had overseas runner from the states last year.Main car to have is the Ninco brand with MJK tyres ,Nc2 motor and weighted around the 90 to 100 gram mark,this is only a guide line . If you have anybody overthere with a routed track you can set your car up to what you think is good. From there it is in the lap of the gods how it performs on different tracks driven by various people.

As a guy said to me here once set it up so that the average guy can drive it. Other than that if your car wins more than one round of the proxy we'll feed it to the nearest Yowie :o ( our answer to the Yeti) ;):lol:;) . Good to see oversees slottie mugs interested.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi Ronan .

All welcome to this Proxy as we had overseas runner from the states last year.Main car to have is the Ninco brand with MJK tyres ,Nc2 motor and weighted around the 90 to 100 gram mark,this is only a guide line . If you have anybody overthere with a routed track you can set your car up to what you think is good. From there it is in the lap of the gods how it performs on different tracks driven by various people.

As a guy said to me here once set it up so that the average guy can drive it. Other than that if your car wins more than one round of the proxy we'll feed it to the nearest Yowie :o ( our answer to the Yeti) ;):lol:;) . Good to see oversees slottie mugs interested.

Cheers Craig

Hi Craig!

Thanks for the reply and great stuff! I have 4 small kids and there isn't a big club racing scene here in Dublin at the moment so I tend to drive against my oldest son or the clock! Hence the whole proxy idea sounds ideal.

Thanks for the tips on car choice and set up, sounds good to me! I have a 3 lane routed wood track with two tight squeeze sections on it so I'll hopefully be able to set something up well on my track which will hopefully translate well elsewhere!

I'll get onto the proxy website and figure out where to paypal my entry fee to if that is ok and then I'll get busy sorting out a car!

Thanks again!

Ronan

I looked at the results from last year and the front cars are all listed as having NC1 motors, is this correct. Being a first time for me I am trying to gather all the info I can!

The Stig

I looked at the results from last year and the front cars are all listed as having NC1 motors, is this correct. Being a first time for me I am trying to gather all the info I can!

5 of the top ten finishers ran NC-1 powered cars including first and second place

Round8ResultsFinal2.jpg

If you go back over the treads from last years Rally Proxy you'll see the tracks that were used, you'll see that the majority were purpose built tight and twisty not open speed tracks

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hey Stig ,I ran an NC1 in my pug last year as the round sheet shows .It is a motor that handles well and lasts but found it ran short of power at the more flowing tracks , and thought that I'd try an NC2 with a bit more weight than last time . Put what you think might work ,Its all a learning kerb . As I wrote before make it easy for the other guys to drive .That seems to be the fomula to have (thanks Devious) .What works on one track may be totally opposite on the next circuit.Tyres are the same ,Mjk,s worked on some tracks but not on others .So it's run what ya brung and see how it goes.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

HEY HEY - im back !

Im in ---- derrrr

Track is back under way (hit a financial black hole during winter) MDF bought last weekend, so im a ready. KEEP AN EYE OUT :P

Told Martin to put me down for Mid January onwards. ALL December gone for me (about 3months ago).

cheerio

BRENDAN

Web site updated with new cars, entrants and track order (sort of)

Got my own track up and running today, not much time on it since Bub arrived but things improving.

Its very 'green' and slippery but will get better with more laps. A few little routing blemishes to correct, nothing major. Scenery to add from old track as well as adding some new things. Timing to go on last.

It was good to run some laps again even if the track looks a little bare.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

I have a 2wd SCX Renault Megane it is not on the car list, but I have been told that Meganes were still running in the 2000 series ,is it eligible to enter?

After some net surfing and results sites found, yes the Megane did run in a few events in the 2000 and 2001 seasons, so knock yourself out Stig !

Snippet of the car list from sanphoeno.com/dupr site......

NINCO

Citroen C2, C4, Saxo

Fiat Punto, Uno

Ford Focus

Mitsubishi Lancer

Peugeot 306, 307

Renault Clio

Seat Cordoba

Subaru WRX

Toyota Corolla

The Corolla sure is listed.

Edited by phoeno29

Well guys, wood (or MDF) has been cut on one of the new tracks for this years race. The collaboration between myself & triggy (OK, triggy has done most of the work thus far), Limestone Pass, has been started. I will start a thread shortly on the build progress.

Here's a teaser:

Rally%20track%20construction%20002.jpg

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

I have been thinking about trophies and prizes. Heres what I have in mind.

Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Outright. Prizes of some sort for 1st through to 6th.

Prize for fastest non Ninco car.

Prize for fastest non mjk tyred car.

Prize for 'Spirit of the Proxy Rally' for the car who embodies what it is about. Taking a standard car, and make it run and/or look better than standard.

Anyone got any other ideas ? I'll take them all on board and make a final call later on.

PS - I have an idea for a non Ninco car I am thinking of running, just need to do some more testing. If its a goer, I'll paint the body up and send it in.

Edited by phoeno29

What about something for the Ninco cars???

There is, its called first second and third.

What if they don't win? :rolleyes:

Stu

Old racers race harder

What about something for the Ninco cars???

There is, its called first second and third.

Looks like you have conceded defeat already phoeno :lol::D:lol:

Used to be the Yanky Fords, Jap crap and Frog s*!t.

Now it's like the Fords V's Holdens with Dunlop & Bridgstone.

LOVE IT! :rolleyes: :nice:

It's a great idea to have an incentive to mix the field with Ninco SCX and Mods. Not sure about tyres though.

Maybe if one of the three groups do not finish on the podium then the fastest in each group (Ninco SCX Mods)

I believe this will certainly create some great interest all the way through the series :lol:

Come on guys add your thoughts. Don't just reject, create!

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Heres my view , What the heck are you doing :rolleyes: ,why not just give a prize for every car that enters.Yes 1st,2nd and 3rd place and maybe the spirit of the proxy but ditch the rest. As Stu said what if Ninco dont win .To me youve just nobbled ninco .Yes they are the car to beat in my opinion but if they for some unknown reason they dont finish top 3 and are stock boxed with MJK tyres there out of the running. Thats my view anyway. Firsty two ok as I said ditch the rest.

Cheers Craig

Craig