phoeno29

2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally Official Thread

I did a quick mental calculation and your times seem way to quick. Unless you got Hoffy to build your car. ;):lol:

Only joking El Presedente. Am I still in the club? :)

cheers

rick1776

I did a quick mental calculation and your times seem way to quick. Unless you got Hoffy to build your car. :lol::lol:

Aaahhh grasshopper.... Hoffy son took easy way with Ninco NC2. Master try to build silk purse from pigs ear ( SCX car & stock motor ) patience grasshopper.. SCX creeping up...just wish it would creep a bit quicker!!!

Only joking El Presedente. Am I still in the club? :)

Nope, give back the shirt!!! ;):lol::)

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

Eh :lol: maybe me..... dependng on how much slower my time will be ;)

If quicker i wont say a word :)

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Early days.

Seems to me that when you start at the top you find your actually just digging a hole ;):lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but something doesnt add up with Jaak's first stage. Im sure its just a simple typo. If his best lap was 7.86 and you did 18 laps, even if you managed to do his best lap every lap that adds up to 2 min 21.48 sec. Did you mean to enter 6.86? Even that adds up to 2 min 3.48 sec.

Nice pickup Rick. I was actually a little blown away by the time as it was so far in front of the others. It may have been a glitch with the timer. I will confirm with the head marshall (Phoeno) and perhaps run this car's stage 1 again. Being clearly a mistake in timing this may be acceptable. I do want the other teams protests flowing in either.

Jeezus Ricardo you're on the ball and you haven't even got a car in the event ! Things must be a bit slow at work huh ? Can you check Hoffy's times as well please :lol:;)

End of semester, children have finished their exams, just need to set up an experiment in the lab in the morning and watch the paint dry as the equipment logs the results. Its a hard job but someone has to do it.

cheers

rick1776

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but something doesnt add up with Jaak's first stage. Im sure its just a simple typo. If his best lap was 7.86 and you did 18 laps, even if you managed to do his best lap every lap that adds up to 2 min 21.48 sec. Did you mean to enter 6.86? Even that adds up to 2 min 3.48 sec.

Nice pickup Rick. I was actually a little blown away by the time as it was so far in front of the others. It may have been a glitch with the timer. I will confirm with the head marshall (Phoeno) and perhaps run this car's stage 1 again. Being clearly a mistake in timing this may be acceptable. I do want the other teams protests flowing in either.

Jeezus Ricardo you're on the ball and you haven't even got a car in the event ! Things must be a bit slow at work huh ? Can you check Hoffy's times as well please :lol::lol:

Some one fishing for more points, are they??????? ;):lol::)

Stu

Old racers race harder

I could get used to this front running stuff...............Doubt its going to continue though!

TAZTEAM Racing Principal concerned ;)

Smallnails has imperoved (but still a lot of points to catch up) and The Stig is still just ahead of the Taz car. To make it worse the ever present threat of phils car is breathing down the neck of the Taz entry.

Do have a question, the Taz car is setting some awesome lap times, in the first stage it set a fastest lap near the leaders, while in the second stage it set the second fastest lap, while the overall times has it midfield. Is it a bit twitchy and unpredictable?

Do have a question, the Taz car is setting some awesome lap times, in the first stage it set a fastest lap near the leaders, while in the second stage it set the second fastest lap, while the overall times has it midfield. Is it a bit twitchy and unpredictable?

It is fast but you need to be right on the throttle at the right time to string together a perfect lap. It is very hard to keep that going for 18 laps with this car. A Ninco Prorace guide would do it the world of good.

Jeezus Ricardo you're on the ball and you haven't even got a car in the event ! Things must be a bit slow at work huh ? Can you check Hoffy's times as well please ;):D

Yeah Ricardo...why ...why...(insert crying smiley)

You aint even in it, and still your raining on my parade :blink: , what have i done to you to deserve this :alcohol:

Edited by Jaak Beentjes

Can i have a brief rundown on my car please hmcsat?, your comment "a very good car, just not as quick as others".

Is it a handling or speed issue?

thank's

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Jeezus Ricardo you're on the ball and you haven't even got a car in the event ! Things must be a bit slow at work huh ? Can you check Hoffy's times as well please ;):D

Some one fishing for more points, are they??????? :blink::D;)

hehehe yup gotta I make up 15 points because the people at Ninco can't make a car that has its wheels inside the body , Can't remember even if the Ninco front end can be made narrower having those little spring shocker thingies there ? It probably can be narrowed I didn't look.

I know I should have checked that the fronts were inside the body but forgot / too lazy / assumed it passed last year so it would be ok again this year :alcohol: Take it on the chin . Learnt a lesson there and will check fronts on the Nissan 350Z - my weapon of choice for the Ausproxy 2009 . Maybe I will hand it over to Rick for a pre race inspection to check it is all ok :D

Jaak,

Im sure you wouldnt have wanted to win the round under false pretences. It would have been a hollow victory.

Guess again :D

No of course i would not ;)

I was just joking :D

On the other hand i was a very Happy chap with my first place in the first stage of the second round :blink:

It all seemed to good to be true, and now it is :alcohol:

Lets just say it is not such a nice experience, a bit of a downer...(insert smiley with tear rolling down its cheek)

You can get your own back at me. I'm entering the 09 Proxy and it will be my first time so I suspect it will be a big learning curve getting a car that handles well on a variety of tracks.

cheers

rick1776

You can get your own back at me. I'm entering the 09 Proxy and it will be my first time so I suspect it will be a big learning curve getting a car that handles well on a variety of tracks.

Well you can count on me calculating your minimum race time :alcohol:

Running around this weekend?

Bloody oath: Dr. this morning, Bunnings, work on my rally track, Engagement Party @ 5, Xmas Dinner with friends @ 8, Brunch tomorrow - a white then a couple of SA reds your guess after that! :D:P:lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Sorry Gents, out of town for a few days. Stage 3 will be Monday night, stage 4 will be Tuesday night.

Cheers

Stage 3 tonight then??

PS. Can Smallnails blow a motor please, of loose a braid, or throw a wheel, or ............................................... :lol: