phoeno29

2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally Official Thread

The hyundi is the only rally car i've got.

i can leave the cartrix motor in it. :band:

Oh, i've got a old Shell sierra with 2 people in it, will that be ok?

I will run with my car from last year ( Green Machine Ninco NC2 power still ) My only change will be a better quality crown gear .

Gday BMR,

doesn't that sort of take the fun out of it? Just entering in last years car? Not having a go mind you, just asking a question!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Cant wait until next week.... :D

Booking in advance for when a slot becomes available.... ;)

Thanks...

Tim..

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Please remember that this is not an Auslot Proxy and as such we do not have a say in how it is run. The forum is mearly a means of getting out the word.

It appears proxy racing is becoming too big in Australia for the track owners to host it effectively.

It appears proxy racing is becoming too big in Australia for the track owners to host it effectively.

Wouldn't worry me if I had to run it over two days/nights - more the merrier.

What I did find time consuming on my track were the cars at the bottom end of the field slow and difficult to drive and after an hour or two wondered what I was doing when points meant nothing other than avoiding the wooden spoon. Not that I backed off as I probably tried harder to make them perform.

Could we have a larger number of cars but make a cut at the end of one of the earlier rounds. Or a qualifying round on one of the tracks that was deemed a average circuit.

Just food for though to give everyone a chance.

Flipper

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Which is a good problem to have, I think.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Hey guys I'm in with last years Pug but with a few mods . But have just seen the Ninco Citroen of Loebs ,hoping it will be here before the proxy starts as I may swap camps. At this stage my track is now under way with track figured out and 80% of routing done. As far as the field goes I cant see us getting a massive field ,last years amount was good . A few more wont hurt, but if your looking at cutting the field lets remember that there was an overseas runner last year and hope to get an overseas contingent (hope spellins rite) again . Lets get proper numbers and take it from there.I'm not worried how long it takes to figure the amount of cars to be run as it will give me more time to finish my track :rolleyes: .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

The following is a list of those who said that they were interested but you still need to register on the 2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally Official Thread -> Link

Last update: 17th Aug 08

Summary of expressions of interest of the 32 car owners nominating . .

1.Hmcsat - (Finished 3rd outright in LY's event)

2.Tazracer - (11th LY)

3.Slots - (8th LY)

4.Eno the Wonderdag

5.Oldslot - (5th LY)

6.OTFS - (9th LY)

7.BMR - (4th LY)

8.Triggy - (19th LY)

9.Hoffy

10.Gazza - (2nd LY)

11.Lavenlaar - (12th LY)

12.Teamredracing (AKA Chrome dome) - (6th LY)

13.Phoeno29 - (16th LY)

14.Sports Racer

15.Smallnails

16.Jaak Beentjes

17.Kalbfellp

18.Devious Dave (1st LY)

19.Lenny broke (10th LY)

20.Datto16

21.McGregor168 (20th LY)

22.Magoo (13th LY)

23.Oswald (16th LY)

24.Bitman?

25.Davnic74

26.The Stig

27.Slotcarnews

28.Rhys Filbee

29.Espsix

30.Anthony

31.Ronan

32.Bigfela (7th LY)

List of last years entrants

Devious

Hmcsat

Gazza

Teamred

BMR

Oldslot

Magoo

Bigfela

Manic35

Slots

OTFS

Lenny Broke

Gyprock

Oswald

PeteN95

Tazracer

Lavenlaar

Phoeno

Triggy

McGregor168

Bonzobrains

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Judging by the lack of entries and confusion to some people or eagerness to be involved...... I'm going to scrap the 30 car limit, if you want to enter, then enter.

BUT if we get closer to 40 than 30, then there will be some a couple of options investigated as to what to do as 40 cars is too many for most people who run rounds to be able to handle. (Myself included)

I'll keep those options close to the chest for now but if your in, then put your name down on this thread !

Gazza's post no 37 has the correct list. Thanks to Gazza and OTFS for your input, you rally nerds !

Edited by phoeno29

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Well i've got to do something on here ..... the WRC in Nu Zeelnd has turned to crap

Atkinson crashed out on the first day (rolled)

The Fords are going backward after a few punctures

And that annoying french man is in the lead again

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

phoeno29: I will be entering a car if you have room for me.not sure what at this time probably an SCX something. I have a Subaru and also a couple of old Ninco Rally cars.

The Stig

Gday BMR,

doesn't that sort of take the fun out of it? Just entering in last years car? Not having a go mind you, just asking a question!

Yes I know its a bit slack of me to run the same car again but unfortunately my time is delegated fairly thin and building slotcars has taken a back seat to other commitments in life , however there is plenty of time left before the start of the 2009 series so a new car from BMR could find its way into the feild still .

Saying that , the green machine came forth in the end last year and it did suffer a crown gear problem so with a better crown gear on it I hope it may do better or at least run the same as before and do ok in the 2009 finishing order.

We have 28 entries, anyone else interested, speak up !!!

I'll kick it off Hmscat in mid Nov so if your ready to go for late Nov that would be great.

Then off to Sydney, Tassie and back to the mainland.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Bring it on.

Picked up the material today, routing on Sat, to start a new rally track in SA "Limestone Pass", portable track, joint venture between Hoffy and myself . Will definitely be ready for SA rounds in Jan 09.

We ( Hoffy or myself ) will post progress pics of the construction in a separate topic.

Normal people worry me

Do you have a list of tracks that these cars will be running on?

I have a 2wd SCX Renault Megane it is not on the car list, but I have been told that Meganes were still running in the 2000 series ,is it eligible to enter?

The Stig

We have 28 entries, anyone else interested, speak up !!!

I'll kick it off Hmscat in mid Nov so if your ready to go for late Nov that would be great.

Then off to Sydney, Tassie and back to the mainland.

I'd like to enter please.

No dogs allowed on the track!They have a habit of breaking cars :nice:

Stu

Old racers race harder