2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally Official Thread

phoeno29

What the heck are you doing :rolleyes:

Trying to make sure it isn't a "Ninco Rally"series!

Martin, I appreciate what you are trying to achieve, however, I am happy with last years arrangement where there was a trophy & medal for 1st and that was it. I love the look of the Ninco's and their performance speaks for itself (last years results). I have gone for an SCX, that I will be tuning up to try and be competitive with the Ninco's, for the only purpose to have a challenge of creating a competitive car and I don't want to see it as a one make series( if it doesn't work then it may well be a Ninco for me for next years rally :nice: )

If the rally number decals go ahead this year (which I think is a good idea) with last years finishing place then that will also be a form of "trophy" for the racers. When next years Rally comes around everyone will know that the car was well prepared last year and and could be one to watch. The challenge for all, (except Devious Dave ) is to get a lower number on your car for the next years series.

At the end of the day I will be happy with whatever you ( and/or the majority ) decide, I just look forward to being a part as an entrant and a host. ( Now I better get outside and start the scenery on "Limestone Pass". Hoffy will start a separate thread on the build shortly)

Normal people worry me

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triggy ,fully agree but it is up to the other manufacturers to step up to the plate . This sort of racing (Proxy) must be a good platform for manufacturers to see how there products are performing or at least get some feed back on how to raise the bar.Some how with all these forums going you cant tell me that the head honcho's of these companies arent reading what we print. MB slot have bought out a rally car (a Peugeot 206) with a chassis's that can be changed from inline to sidewinder to even a Ninco type band set up ,so if they can do it why can the others do it .

The cup and medals for last year were just a thing that Gazza dreamed up and it worked.I'm happy the way last years one panned out and yes I was one of those who was happy to be an entrant and host and tosee how my car performed being driven by someone else.All in all it's the way the car is set up.

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Triggy ,fully agree but it is up to the other manufacturers to step up to the plate . This sort of racing (Proxy) must be a good platform for manufacturers to see how there products are performing or at least get some feed back on how to raise the bar.Some how with all these forums going you cant tell me that the head honcho's of these companies arent reading what we print.

I have often wondered how much notice manufacturers take of the various forum's. After all we are essentially carrying out R&D on their products and providing free feedback! But are they interested in us or the mums & dads at Christmas time??

MB slot have bought out a rally car (a Peugeot 206) with a chassis's that can be changed from inline to sidewinder to even a Ninco type band set up ,so if they can do it why can the others do it .

Probably because MB are interested selling cars to us and not the mums and dads? But I agree, it would be nice for SCX, Ninco and Scaley in particular to provide a generic chassis for various set ups a'la the Slot-it HRS etc.

Normal people worry me

Quote " We are a nuisance" I wont say who said this. Add up all the serious racers/collectors and then add up all the mums and dads at Christmas time. We would be lucky to account for 0.01% of sales.

Obviously Slotit MB slot etc are different as they are filling a niche that the big players do not.

chers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Have we got an official start time and entry fee yet.

I think we need a start date (official) listed, last year about a third of the field turned up 2 - 3 days before the start ..... the tazzie entry i picked up the afternoon before the kick off

Once the start date is up i think the field will thin out, I will be surprised if we get more than 26 starters

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

The following is a list of those who said that they were interested .........

If you are still in take note, THE CARS HAVE TO BE AT PHOENO'S BY THE 1st OF NOVEMBER

Last update: 16th Oct 08

Summary of expressions of interest of the 29 car owners nominating . .

1.Hmcsat - (Finished 3rd outright in LY's event)

2.Tazracer - (11th LY)

3.Slots - (8th LY)

4.Oldslot - (5th LY)

5.OTFS - (9th LY)

6.BMR - (4th LY)

7.Triggy - (19th LY)

8.Hoffy

9.Gazza - (2nd LY)

10.Lavenlaar - (12th LY)

11.Teamredracing (AKA Chrome dome) - (6th LY)

12.Phoeno29 - (16th LY)

13.Sports Racer

14.Smallnails

15.Jaak Beentjes

16.Kalbfellp

17.Devious Dave (1st LY)

18.Lenny broke (10th LY)

19.Bigfela (7th LY)

20.McGregor168 (20th LY)

21.Magoo (13th LY)

22.Oswald (17th LY)

23.Bitman?

24.Davnic74

25.The Stig

26.Slotcarnews

27.Espsix

28.Anthony

29.Ronan

List of last years entrants

Devious

Hmcsat

Gazza

Teamred

BMR

Oldslot

Magoo

Bigfela

Manic35

Slots

OTFS

Lenny Broke

Gyprock

Oswald

PeteN95

Tazracer

Lavenlaar

Phoeno

Triggy

McGregor168

Bonzobrains

Gary

My Corolla is well under way and The Stig got some MLK's off me the other day so he must be building, and i know Rhys has just brought a car to run.

The event is for 1/32 scale slot cars of 2000 to 2008 WRC/JWRC cars

Might want to double check the Toyota

http://www.sanphoeno.com/dupr/page.php?page=home

Gary

Still sticking with the lime green machine from last year

I think its a good thing to do (re enter the same car) if the car was fairly competitive and just needs a few tweaks, like less weight, more weight, different tyres, better gearing etc.

What you got planned BMR ?

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Ready to rumble .

Same Pug ,new power plant ,New rubber and a little more weight .Some fine tuning over Gazza's Saturday night and hopefully put it away ready for mailing .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Ready to rumble .

Same Pug ,new power plant ,New rubber and a little more weight .Some fine tuning over Gazza's friday night and hopefully put it away ready for mailing .

Slotcarproxyrace17feb08028.jpg

B):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Still sticking with the lime green machine from last year

I think its a good thing to do (re enter the same car) if the car was fairly competitive and just needs a few tweaks, like less weight, more weight, different tyres, better gearing etc.

What you got planned BMR ?

Wipe the windscreen , check the tyre pressures ..........mmm should I give up any secrets ....mmm

No seriously the thing went well last time the crown gear was probably the weakest link in the thing so an upgrade there could be the only mod I will do ........ a change in the numbers on the body I suppose , are you still doing the new numbers for last years entries , dumb question probably but I have been busy and not keeping up with the Auslot posts as often as I usually would were you doing the body numbers when the cars arrive ?

I thought I'd better ask before I send my car if anyone has any objections to home made urethane tyres? I recently got a tyre making kit from Paul Gage and I'm about to start making my own urethane tyres (as opposed to shelling out for a pair of Tru-Grips and so on for each of my many slot cars!).

I was planning (if I can manage to make some!) to add a set to my entry for the rally proxy if no one has any objections to me doing so.

There is no silicone at all in them, they are 100% urethane rubber (reoflex 40 I believe from Paul Gage's kit I got from Canada) and potentially could be a very cheap way of re-tyring my collection. I have a wood track and the difference in traction is astonishing on urethanes compared to factory rubber.

Thanks for any feedback,

Ronan

I thought I'd better ask before I send my car if anyone has any objections to home made urethane tyres? I recently got a tyre making kit from Paul Gage and I'm about to start making my own urethane tyres (as opposed to shelling out for a pair of Tru-Grips and so on for each of my many slot cars!).

I was planning (if I can manage to make some!) to add a set to my entry for the rally proxy if no one has any objections to me doing so.

There is no silicone at all in them, they are 100% urethane rubber (reoflex 40 I believe from Paul Gage's kit I got from Canada) and potentially could be a very cheap way of re-tyring my collection. I have a wood track and the difference in traction is astonishing on urethanes compared to factory rubber.

Thanks for any feedback,

Ronan

Rules 2007 - 2008

Rules 2008 - 2009

3. Tyres

A - Tyres are open to any brand of rubber tyre. This means no silicone tyres like PPR Super tyres, Slot.it S1's, Puma Paws, Indy Grips etc. Rubber tyres include MJK, Ninco, SCX, FLY, Scalextric, Cartrix, Proslot, Slot.it P Series, Ortmanns, NSR. (This is not a complete list, if you know of a tyre that is rubber based let me know.)

B - Tyres should not run outside of the widest part of the cars body work. Mirrors are not body work. Cars with tyres outside of body work will be 50 points before the event starts, so tuck them in ! Last year I was pretty easy on this rule, but not this year.

C - No foam content allowed in the tyres

Gary