phoeno29

2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally Official Thread

Welcome to the official thread of the 2008-2009 Down Under Proxy Rally.

duprposter.jpg

There is a website I have put together this afternoon. I might organise a domain name of its own and hosting soon. But for now,please visit....

2008-2009 DUPR Web Site

First thing to do is to let you know I am taking nominations for entries.

Entries will be limited to 30 cars. Why ? 1 person, driving 1 car at a time, 8 mins minimum per car for 30 cars is atleast 240 mins plus time in between, add another 240 minutes. Any more cars and it becomes a pretty big task for one person)

Entrants will be invited to enter in the following order to prevent a first come first served scenario and people missing out because they weren't online at the right time.

1. Those who entered last year and supported the event will have first option to enter again.

2. Australian and NZ members of Auslot who did not enter last year will be invited to enter next.

3. All overseas entries welcomed.

4. Closer to the time we may have a spot or two left depending on pull outs and no shows.

So for now, anyone who entered last year and wants to enter this year, please post here that you are in, You have until Sept 4 to state that you are in, and then we will go to step 2 of entries....

Ok. I am in, who else ?

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Pick me pick me !!!

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I am in again. Already got a new car that is getting "pimped" for the rally

Normal people worry me

Smallnails.... you have to wait your turn, I am just getting last years entrants first then the other ausloters will get their chance to put their hands up as of Thursday next week.

See you then.

I can remember a time when some of last years entrants were not around when others forked over their hard earned to keep this forum alive...........your

post is by default precluding current forum members and being that this is the Auslot forum not the "last years entrants forum".............

with all due respect................not.................. if you intend to make it so then go form your own forum

Cheers

Garry

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

I can remember a time when some of last years entrants were not around when others forked over their hard earned to keep this forum alive...........your

post is by default precluding current forum members and being that this is the Auslot forum not the "last years entrants forum".............

with all due respect................not.................. if you intend to make it so then go form your own forum

Cheers

Garry

Garry,

I agree with most of your post, but i don't see it fair to put the people whom supported the forum back in the begining in front of any one member(please advise me if i have miss understood)...there are some eager slotcar enthusists on here and alot of the current (1-2 yr ) members are the most active...

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi Garry,

There will be plenty of places left for yourself and smallnails, just wait your turn.

I am just trying to avoid the problems of the GT proxy with 40 plus cars entered...... its not going to work in an event when one car is run at a time.

Cheers

Garry

Garry,

I agree with most of your post, but i don't see it fair to put the people whom supported the forum back in the begining in front of any one member(please advise me if i have miss understood)...there are some eager slotcar enthusists on here and alot of the current (1-2 yr ) members are the most active...

I am suggesting ALL forum members no PRECLUSIONS or EXCLUSIONS.....

Cheers

Garry

CHEERS

GARRY

Hi Garry,

There will be plenty of places left for yourself and smallnails, just wait your turn.

I am just trying to avoid the problems of the GT proxy with 40 plus cars entered...... its not going to work in an event when one car is run at a time.

Do a "hat draw" then......way more acceptable then the "wait your turn" option...........

Cheers

Garry

CHEERS

GARRY

Yeah, i am only putting myself up if there is room! I realise that, it would be waaay to much for the track owners to put thru 50 cars.

No probs! No Harm or foul!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Do a "hat draw" then......way more acceptable then the "wait your turn" option...........

I disagree. 23 people supported this silly idea last year and turned out to be a pretty decent event. I appreciate their support and to repay that, they get first dibs.

If only 20 of the 23 join by next week, that leaves 10 spots for those new to auslot that are interested.

Entries will be limited to 30 cars. Why ? 1 person, driving 1 car at a time, 8 mins minimum per car for 30 cars is at least 240 mins plus time in between, add another 240 minutes. Any more cars and it becomes a pretty big task for one person)

If your not prepared to run a "stage" don't put your hand up

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Not a problem with your selection process Martin. I will wait until next week to say I am in!

BTW, the first steps were put in place for another SA track tonight!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Cheers

Garry

Hey 'Mexico 2000' , Limiting the 2009 entrant numbers makes sense otherwise some poor person hosting the round will be sitting at his track for days running cars through 8 minutes of racing.

I agree with early entrant spots being given to those that have run in the rally proxy before , as it shows a return of support to those that supported last years race and prevoius years rally proxy race series .

Im fairly new to Auslot myself - only a coupla years - but that reply above that you posted ranks amongst the worst things I have seen posted on Auslot . You probably shouldn't push active Auslot members around with comments like ....... " go form your own forum " Remember Mex , No amount of money will keep a forum alive if it hasn't got members posting and promoting ideas , races , etc . Also remember it ain't the only forum in town .

Or was your attacking post above just a little gut wrench whinge because you think you might miss out ?

If you miss out then I will let you have my entry spot mex .... ok ... feel better now ? Its only a slotcar race :band:

Yes please! I'll enter an SCX Pro Citroen.

DaveK

You might want to have a word to PeteN95, and find out how well his went last year and what needs to be done to it

Camber1.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I'd be interested in a spot if there is one free next week.

all i need is a nc2 and a hyundi right? :huh:

Nah! Give us a chance - use one of your Fords with an NC-5 :band:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg