Nominated Entries For The Gt 2009 Dupr

aastes

Seriously 7 months out and you guys have built and testing cars...........get over it

Nothing wrong with building and testing cars this far out, it is our hobby afterall.

Wait for the discussion/arguing to be settled THEN buy and build

there will always be discussion/arguing, so we'll never get a car built. :D

So, we're getting our trophies sent of from NZ? :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Bigger front tyres will solve any ride height issue, my dbr9 had issues, higher profile front tyre, crisis over.

- Re the building of cars, IMO this should commence subsequent to rules being set down which occured on Sunday afternoon. If the cars had to be sent next week, mine would be ready. I have started this year with so much time to go so i can get it running as best i can.

- Not that it matters, but i have voted to allow slot it/mb cars for two reasons; for one, I'll be in the other class, thus unaffected, and two, when rules are set out, that's the end of it.

my 2 cents, i look forward to seeing the final numbers, and what's running

: )

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Sheep station's ??

Who mentioned anything about winning or racing for sheep stations..?

My argument is that NO ONE CAN GIVE A GOOD REASON as to why slotit/mb should be banned..

Except for those that dont want them included, therefore are hasseling Steve about it..

Is it because they are worried about a field of Slotits?

What about all the Ninco's that have been entered? my next choice will be a Ninco.

Either way i will adhere to the rules and enter a car that is eligble...

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

I have noticed that the Ninco McLaren with the multi piece body can vary in width depending how it is put together. As for banning cars I won't comment as I have not entered and am not in the commitee. I do however think Steve has done a fantastic job to get such a comprehensive set of rules up so quickly. I hope you all have fun and I will enjoy watching it eventuate. My favourite class of car.

Dave, sorry, i didn't see this thread earlier.

Brett,

Rules should be set and left...when the car's are finished will the max width be changed to 62mm?

I'm hoping they can be changed up to 65mm to allow for variancies between the same cars.

The rules cant be changing every few days or months.

Who said, it happens elswhere! :D

My mclaren measures under 64mm..(63.8)and is not lower than 1.6mm at the front,with a sprung pro guide..

Don't put to much paint on it!!! i was just pointing out the cars i found that are to low, the sprung guide is a good fix!

I dont have a question of eligibility as its on the list.

I don't know where it's gone, but the original rules stated that, Even though a car was on the list, it didn't give it automatic entry, as there are to many listed for the comittee to check them all, so if it found that it dosn't meet the rules it is excluded, this is something each person needs to check for themselves.

It must of gone missing in the rewrite the other day, i hope it is put back, it will make it easier for all of us.

So in banning Slotit,does this mean no slotit parts?

This is a question i'm also asking, because based on the reasons for banning the NSR Mosler, the use of NSR pods are also banned, working with that reasoning, the banning of the SlotIt & the MB Slot cars, would also mean banning the use of their pods. (I'm NOT saying this will happen, thats up to Steve!!!)

I am going to enter a car doesnt matter which way the vote goes! AAANNND i am going to enjoy it!

Good show old chap, thats the spirit!! :(

Edited by espsix

Dave, sorry, i didn't see this thread earlier.

Brett,

Rules should be set and left...when the car's are finished will the max width be changed to 62mm?

I'm hoping they can be changed up to 65mm to allow for variancies between the same cars.

The rules cant be changing every few days or months.

Who said, it happens elswhere! :D

My mclaren measures under 64mm..(63.8)and is not lower than 1.6mm at the front,with a sprung pro guide..

Don't put to much paint on it!!! i was just pointing out the cars i found that are to low, the sprung guide is a good fix!

I dont have a question of eligibility as its on the list.

I don't know where it's gone, but the original rules stated that, Even though a car was on the list, it didn't give it automatic entry, as there are to many listed for the comittee to check them all, so if it found that it dosn't meet the rules it is excluded, this is something each person needs to check for themselves.

It must of gone missing in the rewrite the other day, i hope it is put back, it will make it easier for all of us.

So in banning Slotit,does this mean no slotit parts?

This is a question i'm also asking, because based on the reasons for banning the NSR Mosler, the use of NSR pods are also banned, working with that reasoning, the banning of the SlotIt & the MB Slot cars, would also mean banning the use of their pods. (I'm NOT saying this will happen, thats up to Steve!!!)

I am going to enter a car doesnt matter which way the vote goes! AAANNND i am going to enjoy it!

Good show old chap, thats the spirit!! :(

:lol:

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Is it possible for an American to reenter? I was in this race a few years ago and did miserably. Can I enter an SCX Pro Porsche Cup 997? I see the SCX Porsche 997 is on the approved list.

DaveK

Edited by slotcarnews

Publisher, Slot Car News

Carrera of America Marketing Manager

Gee people, here’s a couple of thoughts:

1. If you don’t want to race against Slot.it cars, don’t enter a podded car!

2. If the choice of category leads to the race being dominated by one car, well that’s life eh!

For what it’s worth, I reckon any commercially available toy car that meets the class definition and complies with the tech regs for the event should be permitted to run. That includes NSR! Of course, to comply with the regs, the NSR Mosler would have to be fitted with wheels that fill the arches which would alter the handling……

I also don’t see that an NSR pod is going to have any great advantage over any other pod and it will require some skilled engineering to make it work. Let it in I say.

Heres another thought:

There are still seven months to go.

Why build a car now when there may be exciting developments in technology just around the corner?

Steve has done a sensational job on the rules and I know from experience the issues that flood your PM box. As far as I’m concerned, if Steve, as the organiser in concert with the panel of helpers, makes a decision,…that’s it.

And here’s a final thought:

Entering DUPR 09 is not compulsory.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

1. If you don’t want to race against Slot.it cars, don’t enter a podded car!

Steve, spot on there. :D

My aim is to enter a Scaley, but make it go as fast as a Slot.it.

Well, that is what I will be trying to acheive :(

Dennis

Likewise - absolutely spot on

I think its time we all took a breather and also the time to read ALL the rules instead of just reading small bits of it.

I am getting the topic locked for two weeks or so whilst I am travelling again.

There is 7 months to go guys.

I also need to try and understand some things which currently I just dont get. Like a failure to undertand you DONT have to have a podded chassis. Like having a choice of fifty odd cars yet the list is still not big enough for some. Like reading posts from some who think its not just about sheep stations but about winning a whole territory. Like reading posts from some who obviously havent read all the rules. Like Buying a car when OFFICIAL ENTRIES have not opened.

I do agree that once the OFFICIAL ENTRY LIST is open the regs MUST be locked down but its not open yet. I will do that next month

END

Edited by aastes

Steve

In reading your post I assume you want the topic locked. I will lock it for you but PM me if this is incorrect. I will be back on line later to check. I will also pin the topic so it does not go missing. Probably need to give you some moderation options on the Proxy section.

Regards

Vince

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is closed - it was used to gauge interest ONLY - it is not the entry topic for 2009

TO ENTER THE DUPR 2009 refer to OFFICIAL DUPR ENTRY

Where you send an email to obtain payment details - these details will only be sent from that email address

2.1.1 Entries open Midnight 14th September 2008. One entry ONLY per person.

2.1.2 Cars must conform to ALL DUPR 2009 rules and regulations.

2.1.3 Entries will ONLY be considered completed AFTER payment has been made. Cars however need not be sent until closer to the event starting date (see below) Payment can be made by direct deposit or Paypal or snail mail. Please email dupr2009@startline.net.au for details and postal address for cars. (see notes)

Edited by aastes