Gold Coast Kiwi Raceway

Paul NZ

Would love to!

What time does the Red Eye Express leave???? :o :alcohol:

Yeah its a bit of a trip, I've done it in a plane @ 2hrs :coffee: but I'd say a couple of days to drive :o

You need to bring the family for a Gold Coast Holiday over xmas, then you can call in for a few laps :huh:

Edited by Paul NZ

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for an update:

Been a while getting the wiring done, Also had trouble with the paint as the grip was terrible even with MJK's on highly modified V8's.

So had a repaint and it is much better but I think I will go to Ferrodor once I have finished with the build as a top coat, main problem is that it is a very technical track as you can see below so good brakes and good gas out of the corners is more important than straight line speed.

023.jpg

022.jpg

Out of turn one

0042.jpg

Down the 1st straight into the 1st of 2 90's

It can get a little crowded here (wait till more cars arrive!!!!)

0052.jpg

and out of the 2nd 90 and into the chicane before the back straight (you get about 1 sec at full throttle before you hit the esses)

0062.jpg

After the esses on the back straight comes the tight dog leg where you have a couple of options as to how you want to enter home straight or the pits

0092.jpg

Same section looking the other way

0082.jpg

Finaly the big sweeper leading onto home straight around the hill (soon to be, but if you know the track you know what I mean)

010.jpg

011.jpg

"The kid" going in for the first pit of the day....Stradigy....you know they are good at it

012.jpg

I have taken a couple of videos, as soon as I work out how to get them on here I will

:D:PB)

PS: check out how low those cars are....Thanks Rick :lol:B):D

"BRING ON SCORPIUS!!!"

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Mmmmm a routed track

Mmmmmmmmmm a digital routed track.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a Scorpius routed digital track!

Cant wait to see this baby on Youtube!

Ok here is my first attempt at uploading a video...noScorpius yet but a Digital routed track nun the less

video #1

Video #2

Have you ever tried driving three cars, changing lanes and videoing it all at the same time...my wife says its multi tasking <_< ....I told here she should stay out of the Garage! :lol::DB)

How do you put this in as an insert??? :blink:

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Gday Paul

Looking good mate, nice to see you "multitasking" to such high degree.

[y0utube]embedded object[/y0utube] Replace the 0 with o in the youtube, I did that to show the command line.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Regards

Rob

Fantastic Paul and well done. Is this the first routed digital track in Oz?

Thanks for the update and Vids.

FS

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Gday Paul

Looking good mate, nice to see you "multitasking" to such high degree.

[y0utube]embedded object[/y0utube] Replace the 0 with o in the youtube, I did that to show the command line.

Thanks for the tip Rob

Fantastic Paul and well done. Is this the first routed digital track in Oz?

Thanks for the update and Vids.

FS

Thanks FS, I think it may well be, unless there is another out there that has not been on the Forum...Rick may know, he knows most of the digital guys.

Awesome Paul. This is giving me inspiration to build (or adapt) my current (or new track).!

Thanks Yngwie, I knew I had my work cut out for me but it was worth it, just need to get the PC and Lap timing going and its race time <_<

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Congrats on your work so far Paul, good to see it running!

Scenery?... lots of high rises to see past!!! <_<:blink:

Thanks Dick

Scenery, well I'm in two minds there, I don't think high risers are a good Idea, so I may actually just have a grass infield, but I will decide what to do after the pit lane with Buildings is done...this will take some time as you know.

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Made a few changes to the track

After doing a few laps, as you do... I noticed that the lanes were very even and organised (looks like a plastic track), unlike a routed track should be so I did a few more laps to take note of where some changes were needed.

I think the track is now starting to Flow and also give a couple of challenges with passing, I have a few more ideas but comments are welcome.

Good thing about wood and copper tape is you can make these alterations with ease.

The S after the start/finish straight

Before - note the sharp bends and lines where the tracks meet.

022.jpg

After - this is now much faster and the lines are more natural

0023.jpg

0012.jpg

And after the two 90 bends the chicane has a better exit (also plan to straighten the outside lane)

Before - even spacing like having two 45 bends

Picture302.jpg

After - the lane cuts the corners as it should making the exit much smoother

0033.jpg

0043.jpg

I will drive the track some more to find other places where improvment is needed over the New Year Break.

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Done a few more alterations, I think that will be it for some time, as I still haven't got the timing working yet....keep putting it off as it is not a nice task. <_<

I have the pits all powered up though, just the flippers to liven and then they are all go. :D

The big effort that I have put in over the break has been the track its self

A couple of shots here, you will see the difference if you look back a few posts.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Here you can see the entry into the two 90's is now much more of a 180 on the inside (both are very fast @ 3/4 throttle)

005.jpg

Half way around, good use of blocking by either lane here

006.jpg

And the exit, full gas once you are around enough to keep the rear from sliding too much, if you time it right you really punch out into the straight.

007.jpg

following this exit you have a nice smooth run through the chicane leading into the back straight from either lane

008.jpg

The other change I have made was to remove one of the flippers (things werer getting too busy down here) now you have a better run at the lane of choice heading onto the Finish line.

003-1.jpg

I'll get a couple of videos so you can see the differences. ;)

Lap timing as I mentioned is next and then I will host my first race meeting. :DB)

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Hi Paul,

The vids make all the difference - can see the flow/design of the track, and the technical aspects.

Happy to hold the camera or a controler for the next shoot <_<B)

cheers

Darren

PM me for directions Darren

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Paul,

Thank you for the drive time on you track today was great fun to see a digital routed track working in Southeast Qld.

You have left me with quite a few ideas on how to improve my routed digital track design slightly before I have finished construction.

I can only imagine this track will only get better each time I race on it with the constant changes you are doing.

I have emailed you picks of my current track building status as well <_<

cya,

Justin

Edited by rspec

Thanks Justin, you are welcome anytime.

After some much needed feedback I will plan on making a few of the alterations as discussed....

I feel that this track will loose the Indy track design but it will gain a much smoother and faster circuit...maybe <_<

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a bit of an update, I have been modifying the track to get a bit more speed out of some of the corners, well actually trying to get better racing lines for all lanes at any time....not easy.

anyway here it is so far

002-1.jpg

0054.jpg

0046.jpg

0036.jpg

I have also simplified the Track Name

016.jpg

I have a few more plans, changesd to make and then I will lift all the copper tape and paint with Ferrodor.

I may also braid the track but this depends on what Scorpius costs me to set up as this will happen once I have the track layout finished, I hope.......Rick?.

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

• 1 month later...

Hi all

As I mentioned I was making some alterations to the track, so here are the first pictures, I need to tidy up the barriers and do a bit of painting to finish, I will then have a think about some scenery.

It is still a street circuit but is a differentb shape to what I first had in mind but this is the final layout.

150309075.jpg

150309076.jpg

It drives so much better than before with the two hairpins in the in feild.

Also the pits is only one lane now...first in/ first out.

I'll load a video over the next couple of days

Cheers

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Paul,

Like the look of the new rack with the hairpin added, I reckon it would be more of a challenge now. Look forward to seeing some video.

Pity you can't make it to Finley now, we will try and have your fun for you.

Cheers

phil

Edited by Billy_Cart

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Guys

I'll try and get a video posted this week,

I'll have to get my son to dive a car so you can see the speed he can get out of the V8's, (its hard to hold a camera and a controller)

he is not a bad driver fo a 10 yr old, gives me a hurry up every now and then :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

he is not a bad driver fo a 10 yr old, gives me a hurry up every now and then

Don't you just love the kids attitude to racing, when you say no rear ending it only encourages the back end shunt, I reckon my lot enjoy undertaking more than overtaking (ie. just shove your car through and remove opposition cars from the track) I have learned to use LC's defensively as well as offensively.

Cheers

Phil

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...