hmcsat

Down Under Rally Proxy 2008/2009

Its funny you should say that....but all of a sudden I have been thinking a rally track, to be setup when my 4 laner is pulled down.....mind you, I would be going a tarmac rally type (thinking Monaco)

But, as Triggy will say, I have to finish my pitlane first!

There is no problem building "tarmac" tracks, the surface makes no difference as long as they are single lane and tight and twisty.

The surface on mine is an old tin of polyurethane paving paint, terracotta in colour, after a few hundred laps the corners all end up very sticky and plenty of grip.

The advantage of the outdoors look when you get dust and crap over it, it looks like it's supposed to be there, also i couldn't see my trailer park trash living in Monaco.

Also all around the track there are heaps of extra holes on the outside and inside of all the corners so you can reposition any (or all) of the trees closer to the track, for those corners that are too quick or you just want to be a bastard!

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Also all around the track there are heaps of extra holes on the outside and inside of all the corners so you can reposition any (or all) of the trees closer to the track, for those corners that are too quick or you just want to be a bastard!

And all this time I thought your were a nice bloke and just a bit rough with your track building :lol: :lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Its funny you should say that....but all of a sudden I have been thinking a rally track, to be setup when my 4 laner is pulled down.....mind you, I would be going a tarmac rally type (thinking Monaco)

But, as Triggy will say, I have to finish my pitlane first!

Hey Hoffy I have some 2.4 x 1.2 x 12 & 16mm MDF sheets you can have . Also plenty of pine stud and battens - good for table legs side supports etc - all your for free we just need to find a trailer or ute .......Hey Triggy has a nice ute doesn't he ;)

O.k, bligh park will have an operating rally track in the next couple of weeks so I'll put mine up for use. So, come on Craig, where's yours???????? ;):lol::lol:

Stu

Old racers race harder

Jeez thanks Gaz - (ps missed you & Stu by 2mins yday @ Bigfelas)

I'll be in again - lotsafun - i'll host as well - my track framework is down but funding ran our ;) tax back shortly so will get going again .. still got months anyway. I learnt a lot from the proxy, track design , car handling.

Can we get a bit more international entries :lol: learn how they operate...

Brendan

Lav,

I was going to post about it on slot forum once the rules tracks class etc was set here first.

Rallying is big over there so i think we can get half a doz or so, maybe some from SCI as well.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

I was thinking .... i know, i know .... anyway ...... as a different format this year, in stead of accumulated points, have accumulated times i.e. the times of each round are added together, so each track is classed as a different stage ..... 8 tracks ..... 8 stages.

Looking back over last years event there were a few cars that had wins with a large gap (time wise) to second and third, they got the max points but it didn't help in the overall tally, but the time difference would have seen them jump up many places.

To get it to work all tracks would have to run a timing system similar to SRM's championship 5, That way you could run as many laps as possible (or wanted) and the winner is the one with the lowest time over that "stage"

This year i won't be changing directions during the "stage". I think to get the most out of the car and to do it justice it should be run all at once ..... last year we ran 8 min rounds, the problem with my track is that being 35mtrs long that only gave you 25 laps,and we ran forward and reverse, so even after warm up (and playing) it still wasn't enough to get used to it ..... so this year 8min (or whatever) in one hit and one direction.

And if every one runs there "stage" the same (one hit) the total times by the end should be pretty close, and the cars should be going up and down the leader board like a lift drivers bum!

Gary

what happens if a car has a failure and doesn't finish a round/stage ? get equal last time plus 1 minute ? or a set penalty ?

I like points preferably what do the others think ?

here here Gazza, sounds like a great model. My new track will be ready with 4 weeks I would say. Single lane rally cross, being an outer road circuit with internal rally section. I am more than happy to host a QLD stage

I was thinking .... i know, i know .... anyway ...... as a different format this year, in stead of accumulated points, have accumulated times i.e. the times of each round are added together, so each track is classed as a different stage ..... 8 tracks ..... 8 stages.

I like the idea gazza, and if possible it could go a step further, depending on tracks available, and have each state as the event and each track as the stage. Then you could have a queensland event winner, tassie event winner etc, with a WRC Auslot Rally champ at the end. At this stage i see at least four states lined up with hosts.

Also like the idea of timed runs over a set number of laps as each car and "stage" is different so the best all round car should win (i think?).

Edited by Tazracer

I like the timed runs. Fastest lap on a 10 minute run is the one you get.

Stu

Old racers race harder

what happens if a car has a failure and doesn't finish a round/stage ? get equal last time plus 1 minute ? or a set penalty ?

We would have to look into penalty's but lowest time plus 10 or 20 seconds sounds ok

Any way if anyone entering was in last years event, they would have picked up some info on building a bullet proof car, as the idea is to have a car that is still running just as strong at the finish as it was at the start

Gary

I would like to see the tracks this year to have no areas on the track that disadvantage some cars. ie one of the tracks, holty I think had a corrugated area which helped the ninco cars with suspension but disadvantaged all others. If tracks have this sort of thing this year we will all be running nincos and thats not what it is about.

as the idea is to have a car that is still running just as strong at the finish as it was at the start

Slotcarproxyrace17feb08011.jpg

Oswald.jpg

:lol: :lol:

0132431450085.jpg

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I would like to see the tracks this year to have no areas on the track that disadvantage some cars. ie one of the tracks, holty I think had a corrugated area which helped the ninco cars with suspension but disadvantaged all others. If tracks have this sort of thing this year we will all be running nincos and thats not what it is about.

I can see your point & I do agree to a degree. I think a happy medium needs to be sought or yes, it will become a 1 make series.

I do like the idea of the time carrying over, but a penalty does need to be thought about.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

It's not the suspension that gives the ninco cars the advantage, it's the sprung guide

We had a couple of older ninco 2 wheel drive cars running in our local event a while back and they never had suspension only the guide

Also a couple of the car's entered last year had no suspension as standard or had removed them ..... and Hmcsat's monster hybrid had none either

Gary

This is a fair comment. I was surprised at how some cars just could not handle these bumps unless I went very very slowly. If I host this year I hope to just have the odd surface change-bump or pot-hole and no corrugations.

Also I ran scaley track last year and it did cause problems for cars with deep guides. I had to trim a bit more off the guide for the cars to get through. So maybe we need to specify a minimum slot depth, or no scaley track.

Holty

So maybe we need to specify a minimum slot depth, or no scaley track.

Or just routed "rally" tracks!!!!!

Gary

So maybe we need to specify a minimum slot depth, or no scaley track.

Or just routed "rally" tracks!!!!!

Down boy, I said DOWN! :lol::lol::D

Stu

Old racers race harder