Photo Comp

Gyprock

Is there any reason why we can't get some of the slotcar shops that we all buy from put up a few prizes for a pic comp? be it car or scenery, cause I've seen some very nice cars and scenery that people have shared with us all, just a thought.

cheers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point Jacob. If a competition has prizes, it needs to have some rules. One rule that has to be considered is how to treat digitally altered photos, using PhotoShop etc as in Jacob's example.

If a competition is just for glory, then anything would be allowed.

So here's a chance for people to comment on a set of rules for the competition. What's allowed in terms of enhancing a photo, who are the judges (my preference is choice by peers, i.e. Auslot members), do we want prizes, any other ideas ?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Hi Guy's,

Some of us less fortunates, may only have a Digital Video Camera that is only 1 mp and NO macro, they can't compete with the good stuff.

Should we be looking more to the composition of the pic?

Style, character other than clarity these things really make the picture.

:rolleyes:

Regards

NimROD

Nimrod does make a valid point, maybe not the quality of the image itself but the quality of the car being photograph can be judged, eg a nice picture of a car coming around a tight bend rather then a crytsal clear picture of a car.

another thing is who would judge it? the admin staff? the members? maybe we could set up an email address something like auslot-photocomp@auslot.com and members can email their vote.

If we can't get a sponsor we could always hold a photo comp anyway and the winners name can be posted on the main page, im sure jacob or myself could set up a simple webpage to record the winner and winning picture on etc.

auslotforums.gif

As a suggestion on how it might be judged..... have a number of people to be the 'judges'. This could be 3 or more but probably not more than 5. Each judge has to rank their top 5 or 8 or 10 photos depending on how many entries you receive. Points are assigned 1st = 10 points, 2nd 9 points, 3rd 8 points etc down to 10th = 1 point. With more than one judge awarding points is should reward good photos as I would expect most people would find them to be a good photo.

Those people like Nimrod who are willing to donate a car for a prize should be a judge. Perhaps some of the admin team from the board would like to be a judge or judges seeing they put the time and effort into running the place.

As for votes from members, maybe we can all vote as well and our total votes make up another set of points for 1st to 10th as mentioned above.

I know I will enter a photo and hopefully many others will do also, its an excellent concept.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

This is a good idea to get some good pics. :)

I'd like to make the suggestion that all pics should be taken by the entrant.

I don't mean 'stolen', I mean the entrant actuall snapped the photo'.

This would ensure no copyright is stepped on, and stop people pinching pics from other sources. B)

I know that we wouldn't pinch other people's pics, would we. :(

Maybe the judging could be overall peoples choice with a poll, so that everyone has the opportunity to submit a pic, and each member gets 1 vote.

:)

Steve K.

Once the guidelines have been set I'd be happy to offer a pair of Artin Cars as one of the prizes.

Can I enter? :rolleyes:

Roland

That would be a great incentive for the contest. Thanks for the offer. As for entering Michael is in charge of this one but I don't see why not. We will see where we are with the ground rules and set something up.

I think Gyprock has some thing up his sleeve he is holding back on. Once the rules are set he is going to come up with something special. Maybe a wheelstanding Chevy or something similar.

If you want to enter roland you can, i think they way we can run it will be to have entrants email their photos and a small description maybe to an email account that I will set up something like photo-comp@auslot.com then the photos will be posted on the forum. The photos will be left up for about a week then people who wish to vote can send an email of which picture they think is the best to the photo-comp email address, we'll set a 1 week time frame on the voting.

Tomorrow or tuesday ill set up some rules and post them here.

auslotforums.gif

If you want to enter roland you can, i think they way we can run it will be to have entrants email their photos and a small description maybe to an email account that I will set up something like photo-comp@auslot.com then the photos will be posted on the forum. The photos will be left up for about a week then people who wish to vote can send an email of which picture they think is the best to the photo-comp email address, we'll set a 1 week time frame on the voting.

Tomorrow or tuesday ill set up some rules and post them here.

I think it may be fairer to vote in a poll with only one vote per member. If we take email votes it maybe deemed unfair as we could be seen to be voting for our favourite.

Thoughts?

If a poll is set up it will only work if members vote, all the previous polls have had only 5 or 6 votes so. also as phoeno29 said narrowing the list down, will we need to work out how that will be done, and narrow it down to say 5. maybe the admins can judge the which photos will make the final then have the members vote of the finalst

auslotforums.gif