Photo Comp

Gyprock

Michael

I agree that some other polls have not been too popular but that may be down to the topic. This does seem to have captured a bit more interest. Pics always seem popular. If you have broadband anyway. Maybe we should consider the size to make it easy for all to see.

We can work it out over the next few days and see I guess. It would be interesting to see how the other forums run theirs. It will give us an idea anyway.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive typed up some base rules for the photo competition, tell me what you think and the admin staff will discuss the final rules for the competition.

Rules

1.only 1 entry per person

2.No photo enhancements at all

3.Must be a picture of a slot car or slot car track

4.To enter, the picture you wish to enter in the competition must be sent to the following email address photo-comp@auslot.com (no entree's yet email hasn't been set up)

5.The email must contain 1 photo only and your auslot username

6.After all entree's have been received the admin staff (michael,jacob,vinno,boslot and bump) will pick 5 finalst

7.A poll will be set up with the 5 finalst pictures and each member can then vote for which picture is the best.

auslotforums.gif

Depends on the number of entres, but say if theres 10 or 12 entries i will post them the other entries in this topic, the closing date will be discussed between the staff, but I have set up the email account so you can start sending your taking and entering your photos.

Send entries to photo-comp@auslot.com remember to put your auslot username as well.

auslotforums.gif

Hi Guy's,

Great to see everything ready, my apologies for lack of input earlier but it couldn't be helped.

A couple of suggestions, Maybe it would be a good idea to hold off showing any of the pictures until after the cutoff date of entry and also remove the photographer's name until after the final judging, what do you think.........too much?

I look forward to entering a pic too, not to be judged but just for the fun of it.

Most of you have already seen my pics........prize winning they are not :lol:

Rummaged a little more and found a second prize to donate, a Revell Shelby Daytona Coupe body kit.

Michael, I can mail the car & kit off to you if you like or wait till the winners are selected then mail them then. Let me know.

Kind Regards

NimROD

Just a reminder about the photo-comp, ive had about 5or 6 entries so far and the admin staff will be voteing on them at the end of this week so if you want to join the comp remember to send the photos in asap.

email is photo-comp@auslot.com

auslotforums.gif

I have receieved alot of entries to the photo-comp however the file size of alot of the photos is too big for us to upload onto out server, if we uploaded all of the entries so far of server would be full. so if you wish to enter reduce the file to under 100kn please, or use a free host to host your photos and send us the URL or use your own server.

because of this i'll prolly leave the competition open an extra week so everyone can get their entries in, thank you.

auslotforums.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I said the photo's would be posted up for voteing on thursday or friday but I forgot that both Bump and Jacob are busy and won't be able to vote until the end of the week, jacob won't get back until saturday I think. So the photo's will be up for voteing on either this sunday or monday.

auslotforums.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dave. I had fun setting the photo up over a couple of nights. Knew all of those F1's would come in handy one day.

The car that is suspended by cotton is one that I smashed at Perro's one night. (45m Ninco 4 lane track and lots of damage normally) I deslotted and ended up on a nearby track going in the opposite direction and got cleaned up by someone else. Pretty spectacular stuff at the time, bits everywhere. Lucky these F1's were on special a while ago at a few places, easy to replace.

Congrats to all who entered, being a part of it was the goal, getting a prize, a bonus.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

These photo comps are getting better all the time and also harder to pick a clear winner but I have to agree that Martins pic with the F1's is a most deserved winner. Yet another talent from him is on show. Not only a damned hard but very fair racer he's also not too shabby on the golf green either and now a competent photographer! He's also a good friend. Well done Martini. Catch up again soon.

Regards,

Perro :P