Ht Monaro (image Heavy)

This started life as a block of MDF. John Batich mentioned that he would like a Monaro so I roughed out the shape and scaled some plans that I had. John did all the basic shape but asked Dave Bantoft to detail it! Well Dave detailed it,reshaped much of the car and gave it back to me and I vac formed a styrene that he then back cast a resin to complete, this is the finished work ready to go into some silicone. What do you guys think?

gallery_89_703_47567.jpg

gallery_89_703_30305.jpg

gallery_89_703_58494.jpg

gallery_89_703_34743.jpg

gallery_89_703_25799.jpg

Phil

Excellent workmanship , I have been waiting on a certian person that said he would supply a 3d scanned Monaro since January , forget him . I will buy one of yours when your ready to sell them I have wanted a nice (hard body) plastic Monaro on the track for ages . Well done

The HT was always a hot looking machine.Many would be pleased to own such a sweet looking body. I dont see too many knobs or holes where they shouldn't be...

Detail is sharp and shape appears accurate.

An excellent combined efffort.

As an outsider(well a NewZealander) I've seen various resin bodies here and often wondered if there was some sort of list of who has what and who has bodies to sell.I see that "resilient resins" bodies on eBay seem to have recently risen in price.

munter

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Oh, the memories. This brings back my first car, an HT with a rusted out floor. The Old Man wouldn't let me take it to Bathurst 'till I put a new one in. Nearly torched it when wellding. :P Looks great, Phil. :nice:

Stu

Old racers race harder

Fantastic work Phil, you've done yourself proud! They really are a beautiful looking machine.

You can pencil me in for a couple if you get around to producing sufficient quantities, plus a couple of the xy's if you are still doing them as well?

Thanks,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

Guys I cannot take any credit for this one I am just lucky enought have a friend that is such a great modeller. All the real credit should go to Dave.

Still a way to go before ant kits are ready,need to do the Charger and Monaro Interiors and windows,sort out the Monaro mounts for the Scalex Mustang Chassis and alter the front axle for a test fit on the body. I also have some Falcon order not filled at thsi time.

Then to add some flares to make the Beechy version!

Just glad that it is winter and to cold to any gardening that SWMBO wants done,

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Oh, the memories. This brings back my first car, an HT with a rusted out floor. The Old Man wouldn't let me take it to Bathurst 'till I put a new one in. Nearly torched it when wellding. :P Looks great, Phil. :nice:

I also had a HT monaro as my first car, I paid $400 for it and it caught on fire on the way home, plus the my old man wouldnt even let me drive it until he considered it road worthy thus I never actual did any cruising. I spent $1500 trying to fix it and sold it for $350 if I had of kept it it would probably be worth $10,000.

Well done Phil I hope this response is enough encouragement to fast track that hard body mould because I want one aswell :P

SCR%20logo.jpg

mmmmm memories , I used to have a monaro paid $220 for it in 1983 but it was a HK and it to was my first car , oh hang on a minute!!

thats the reason my track can't be any bigger, the monaro is still sitting in the garage !! (just realised thats 25 years its been there) it still looks like this..............just as they did in 1968

monarofrontbackzf5.png

monaroxo6.png

even though the 32nd scale ones are HT's I will take 2 when they are ready please Phil

sax

Saw this in the flesh today!

Very, very, nice work indeed, its a incredible model, if this was put together with a chassis it could be sold as a kit for well over 100 easy like the Eh thats been floating around.

how much for what EH?

any pics?

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Phil and Dave great work! I am glad it is on the Mustang chassis as it will make a great running mate for the Falcon and Charger. Look forward to a couple of them too.

I'm detecting a slight switching of camps here Vinno :lol::lol:

Hey Phil, you do have a great mate - beautiful work. I'm in for a couple as well when your ready.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Phil and Dave great work! I am glad it is on the Mustang chassis as it will make a great running mate for the Falcon and Charger. Look forward to a couple of them too.

I'm detecting a slight switching of camps here Vinno :D:P

Hey Phil, you do have a great mate - beautiful work. I'm in for a couple as well when your ready.

No switching of camps just gotta have anything Aussie.