Dupr 2008 Round Seven

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!

Before we get to the results the event went something like this:

Spent a few hrs yesterday cleaning the shed and making sure all lanes were running spot on, as always happens tho, one lane decides to play up just before race start in Practice! We fix that in short order tho!

We waited for marshals to turn up, BIIIIGGGG THANKS to ROB, RUSSELL, RANDREW who did show!

We Could not have had a goods night racing with such an eclectic mix of cars with out you!

Onto the racing, Names were inputted into the Computer, which was set to Random Rotation, Whilst that was happening i gave all the tyres a quick once over with a warm damp chux. Cars on the grid...............................Racing.

First thing that was apparent fairly early on was that the cars are starting to show a bit of wear and tear, Braids are getting VERY thin on some, making them down on power a bit, another problem with thin braid is the tendancy for thin braid to throw the motor lead out, this happened twice to MCG168 and it happened to Scars twice also.

Tyres are starting to get very low on some others, Was amazed at just how many cars had lost ALL their inserts. There were a few loose spoilers before the race started and naturally they were gunna come off. They are in the beautifully prepared shipping box for Phil (whose surgical skill far out weigh mine) to fix!

Some cars need more fixing than others tho :

Manimals guide mount broke,

Magoo's car stripped ANOTHER gear!

Results :

proxypoints.jpg

Computer didnt save the fastest times sorry fellas!

Windows trakmate going on order this week.

Another big THANKS to all the Drivers!

Slider was consistent, Brian was consistent and Tim was consistent.

Halfway thru the night i put on the barbie, Snags were cooked, CHILLI ONION and MUSHROOM mix was put on snags!

Edited by smallnails

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

PHOTO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First up are our intrepid marshalls, Rob, Russell and Randy (Andrew)..

DUPRmarshalls.jpg

Andrew diligantly entering the starting order...

Andrewenteringnames.jpg

Starting grid..

DUPRstartinggrid.jpg

DUPRstartinggrid1.jpg

A random pic of the starting grid which just happened to end up 1st and 2nd.........

DUPRstartyinggrid.jpg

The final leader board at the Hammerring...

DUPRtopten1.jpg

DUPRtopten.jpg

And the carnage wasn't resticted the race only, on the parade lap this happened....Sorry Espsix, she's a rightoff mate.... :lol:

ESPSIXcarnage.jpg

Again many thanks to marshalls and other drivers....

It was a real experience for me to drive such a wide range of cars....Some cars were beautiful to drive, others, not so....... :)

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Hey it was a fun night i loved driving gazza,s car . also the ford anglia and the VW loved them .

thanks Brad it,s a lot of work to host a round for the DUPR you done well .

Cheers Slider

Ps your car was good to driv e as well Phil

Not just because it shows in the final standings, but the top ten contained the smoothest and easiest to drive cars...imho...

I especially liked the stang Gazza.... :D

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Hope your going to leave that scx motor in for the rest of the tassie rounds, (seeing you "tasweegins" can't handle the awsome power of the "macca's" capri with cartrix power). ;)

Make sure you let Phil do up the body screws, i want it done right. :huh:

Brad, remember what i said about when you get the good drivers over for the racing, up from your crapy qualifing position, to a very respectable 8th in the final standings!

Thanks to all the guys who helped Brad run the night, (he needs ALL the help he can get sometimes). :D hehehe.

A big thank you to all the marshals, drivers, organisers and to smallnails for hosting the round.

Congratulations to all the top finishers and I am very glad to see that the overweight, undergeared Celica has clawed it's way back into the top three after the dramatic slump in form at round 6!!. Let's hope there aren't too many long straights coming up........

Sorry that I have not thanked before now all the marshalls ,drivers, and of course the track owner for running this round.

Very happy to see my Audi finish where it did,must have been all that wd40 and the nsr tyres.

Thanks for a well run round!

Terry

Edited by terry