Bulk Buy

brad

ummm........its not just as easy as that.

You need to have accounts, shopfronts and so forth.

If it was as easy as dealing with the wholesalers as it is with the retailers then everyone naturally would be buying at wholesale. You will find they arent going to deal with you unless there is a sound reason behind it, they are the ones nonetheless that have to justify opening up another account to their current account base.

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

If you are going to sell them in a proper shop then yes, you may be able to setup an account with Southern Models, but if not then the best you can do in Sydney would be to buy from Armchair Racer or Slotshop and if you are nice they might even give you a small discount like 5 or 10%.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

If you're after a bunch of stuff figure out what you want, contact the usual suspects (erm.. the sponsors) and see who'll do you the best deal. If you have fave shop it'd probably be worth dumping a load of cash with them 'cause once they know you there's something called "Mate's Rates" that cut in for future purchases.. in the long run I've found it's been best to cultivate a local dealer 'cause then specific orders are no problem.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

whats the website or placed called to get an account

www.thickas2planks.com.au

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Heya Brad, the business side of our slotcar hobby is a business just like any business.

It takes commitment, connections, an identified market, business acumen and experience, and a LOT of money amongst other things.

My guess from visiting a number of the Australian slotshps is that some slots loving guys, with capital and love for the hobby have commited 100 to 200 thousand dollars per shop, much more in some cases, to create a business venture that has enough of a platform that can be commercially successful and supply us our slots.

Likewise the importers of the brands, such as Southern Models for Scalextric, have invested in the millions for stock, infrastructure, and in the case of the V8 Supercars, moulds to create a product for us. They then supply these retailers who have investeed heavily as businessmen themselves.

They just dont go doing "bulk deals" of a couple of dozen cars or so to home traders, it would simply undermine the proper business model that has taken years to build up, for all of our mutual good. Brad, we just have to be grateful that some guys "down under" have taken some pretty big business "punts" so that in small markets like yours in Australia, folk can buy most everything available inthe big markets of Europe.

And guys, some of you are being a bit hard on the kid, he's only 18, he has ideas, and he just doesn't have the life experience or perhaps the business understanding of what it takes to build a Melbourne Mobile, an Armchair Racer, and the likes in Adelaide, Brissy etc.

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Geezus......................Brad, so far in this thread you've made four brief posts with nary a please or thankyou amongst them. Maybe if you tempered your approach, learnt to show some manners and explained why you specifically want (or need) to "buy bulk", you may get a different reaction.

:lol:

The way i do it is

step 1... go into the shop say i want that one and that one oh and that one...

step 2... must have that one aww gimme those and them as well....

step 3... hand over money to the shop keep...

Ok so your a young fella but as histring mentioned....above manors go along way..

and im not sure what your plan is but you need to do more than jump on a forum and ask everyone to give you a supplier that will charge you less than everyone else...

Thank you.. :lol:

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

do you sell any scalextric slot cars and im trying to buy bulk from someone like armchair racer or red racer someone like that

You can buy bulk from any of the sponsors ..... they would gladly sell you as many cars as you want ....... as they don't know you from a bar of soap,whether or not you get a discount would be there call!

I used to be indecisive ...... but now i'm not so sure

Are you trying to buy in bulk to save money for your own private collection or wanting to buy bulk solely to resell on ebay to make money?

With the later of the too, you will need a shopfront as many others have advised

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge