Dupr 2008 Round 6

BMR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice artwork there BMR. Good to see a fellow artist putting his skills to good use. What media do you use - watercolour, or like me computer colour?

Holty

Computer (windows paint program ) very slow but it does the job and I transfer the picture to another program that came with a camera called Arcsoft it has a handy blurring tool that looks like a finger , it scrubs / blends the pixels together to blur away the dots but it doesn't zoom in a long way so if the pic was blown up it would show lots of little mistakes / pixels as an (A4) size print off its ok. maybe a few touch ups with some pencils would clean it up some more before a clear coat or laminate. I was in a creative mood and had some time while the missus watched her TV shows ;)

I just ran a print off in landscape from windows picture and fax viewer on a A4 plain sheet using an old hewlet packard deskjet 810c printer , it came out looking ok I should do a few more mods like a split grill on the Monaro and a bit more on the Corvair - my turn for the TV tonight though. :)

Edited by BMR

I dont know were you find all your time Steve but well done looks great

Just one question I assume the leading car is winning because its the only LH drive ;)

What was the pic you posted ? It says removed or deleted ? If it was the pic I posted its still on paintbucket as far as I know.

Maybe one of the other entrants has nicked it to redraw there car up front :)

Edited by BMR

Muggy,

I was under the impression BMR was going to randomly assign qualifying times to the cars using a pair of dice much like you did?? Shouldnt take more than a few minutes to do that. :);):P

Hat coat Im outa here.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Nice art work... cars are fixed but i don't have time to help with qualifing them, sorry.

Ian

Can you make it down my way to drop them off ?

Rick you have let the cat out of the bag now , next thing you will tell them all the dice was loaded as well ......oops there goes mugfords craps night .....he suckers lunch money out of the local kids to buy new slotcars

Nice art work... cars are fixed but i don't have time to help with qualifing them, sorry.

Ian

Rick you have let the cat out of the bag now , next thing you will tell them all the dice was loaded as well ......oops there goes mugfords craps night .....he suckers lunch money out of the local kids to buy new slotcars

Bugga rick dobed us in !! their in the box :bday: i should post them... i don't know when i can get down there...

Ian

Bugga rick dobed us in !! their in the box :bday: i should post them... i don't know when i can get down there...

I will drive down your way over the weekend and pick them up , will phone ya soon bit late now

Ian

Bugga rick dobed us in !! their in the box :unsure: i should post them... i don't know when i can get down there...

I will drive down your way over the weekend and pick them up , will phone ya soon bit late now

ok - i'll be around on saturday (footy club down the road), sunday out all day/night, home (i think) monday

14th June 2008 round 6

Had some spare time last night so I messed around and made a poster , recognize your car in there ?

th_2008proxypic.jpg

So the limited edition print is coming when??

Eno - Your posters have been sent . Editions are only limited by ya printers paper supply. ;);)

The mob came around last night to run the proxy car time trails - I just got out of bed ;) I will post the results after breakfast and at least 3 coffees - late night in the shed .

Stay tuned folks

Results of the Proxy car time trials [/b]last night - Proxy race next Saturday night cars are all boxed up again and on a high shelf away from any visiting friends kids - they can use my stockers to keep the track clean and rubbered up ;)

Thanks to Dennis M for driving the cars - he was too worn out to do anymore driving for a while last night but pepped up again to play with a sponge tyred wompy and set a new fastest lap record 6.031 ( none of us could beat his time ) proving he hasn't lost his touch , ex wing car man enjoying the 1/32 RTR car these days.

Thanks to Hoffy for his computer savvy setting it all up and running the show.

Exceptional marshalling and proffesional joksters;

Dave W . Chris C , Rick F and Damo This lot enjoyed messing around / racing the 1/24th FJ Holdens after the proxy time trials lots of laughs there.

I did a bit of driving with the womp and FJ's but mostly enjoyed marshalling and drinking Hoffys Burboun ;);)

I will post some quotes on each car a bit later today.

SlotRace Manager ** CARS ** 07-06-08

Track: BMR BEACHSIDE MODEL RACEWAY, BEST LAP FILTER CLASS: P

LANE 3

# TIME DATE CAR DRIVER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 06.590 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Sprint Pasquale

2 06.730 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Sports Racer

3 06.775 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Small Nails

4 06.784 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Bitman

5 06.795 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Kapbfell

6 06.878 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Hell Razor

7 06.930 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Oswald

8 06.934 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Terry

9 06.950 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Mopar Devil

10 06.959 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 ESPSIX

11 07.035 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 BMR

12 07.048 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Fangio

13 07.060 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Magoo

14 07.107 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Devious Dave

15 07.113 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 McGregor168

16 07.199 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Sidecar Steve

17 07.221 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Manic

18 07.293 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 AASTEES

19 07.364 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Gazza

20 07.500 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Old Slot

21 07.536 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Manimal

22 07.540 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Imkouwl

23 07.566 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Ian Mugford

24 07.674 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Antony

25 07.813 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 HMCSCAT

26 08.223 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Eno the Wonder Mutt

27 08.485 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Scar

Printed with SlotRace Manager v2.30 - © 2004 www.CenoByte.nl

SlotRace Manager ** CARS ** 07-06-08

Track: BMR BEACHSIDE MODEL RACEWAY, BEST LAP FILTER CLASS: P

Car Comments relating to Time Trial

LANE 3

# TIME DATE CAR DRIVER

1 06.590 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Sprint Pasquale

Set the fastest lap late in its 2 minute time trial , comments â€â€œ hard to get into a rhythm with but has plenty of power and speed , ran smooth but hard to keep in a constant slide around the two long drifting corners

2 06.730 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Sports Racer

This car went very well on my track , I raced it at Imugfords track and didn’t expect it to do as well as it did on my track , easy to drive more than fast enough on the main straight , drifts well . Stealth attack watch this one race day !

3 06.775 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Small Nails

The car was quick but dragged its nose spoiler a bit , it snapped off (can be reglued easily and will look like it never came off) went better with no spoiler ! Should I repair it after or before the big race ?? Judges please

4 06.784 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Bitman

Fast and smooth easy to get used to , drifts well in the long corners and grips well in the tighter corners â€â€œ one to watch next Saturday.

5 06.795 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Kapbfell

True to form Phil - nice and easy to drive not overpowered and comfortable on every part of the track , gripped well on my track but it was sliding a lot and struggling for grip on Muggys track ? (ferrodore) my surface is Cabots clear coat. Should be up at the top next Saturday night.

6 06.878 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Hell Razor

Fast car but suffered with intermittent grip in the long drifting corners â€â€œ easy enough to get used to and set its best lap time later in the two minute trial after some controller adjustment.

7 06.930 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Oswald

Quick enough to finish well but suffered with a bit too much grip in the bowl end corner of my track (exit from the bridge corner) cars need to power slide and drive hard still through that corner. If a car can retain the slide action under brakes into the tight corner it will carry more speed onto the bridge overpass , some cars gain a lot of ground there but sorry your car got too grippy in the slide and had to be driven at about 8/10ths there , don’t feel bad , my car does it there as well.

8 06.934 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Terry

Nice fast and easy to drive , this car got good speed onto the bridge overpass !

9 06.950 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Mopar Devil

Smooth and predictable , not as fast as expected but not far off the fastest lap time so being easy to keep in the slot it should do well in total laps counted next Saturday night.

10 06.959 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 ESPSIX

Fast car but very low if it was one of our club cars it wouldn’t be allowed to run under the track ground clearance rules , it scrapes its front spoiler along the track in a lot of places which may explain its occasional deslotting , it corners on its front spoilers outer edges instead of its front wheels ( we thought it had solid front tyres at first) â€â€œ my track has the braid sunken into the track a little 0.5 â€â€œ 1 mm. But it was also scraping on Mugfords track which is copper tape that sits flush with the track surface.

11 07.035 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 BMR

My own car was suffering from too much grip in the bridge exit corner making it a bit unstable and on edge instead of drifting nicely , it almost got a 6.8 but deslot on that last lap , could have been the yelling and stirring going on by the marshals that interfered with Dennis’ concentration ? Or maybe he didn’t want to crash my car in front of me ? I wouldn’t have really sent you home Dennis (insert smiley face here)

12 07.048 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Fangio

Nice handling car very predictable should be an easy car for people to drive on race night and should rack up the laps â€â€œ potential podium car. Its total laps that wins not outright speed huh.

13 07.060 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Magoo

Fast and easy to drive around but the crown gear mesh is sounding noisy . Hope she gets through , my track flows quite well so the gear has a good chance of survival.

14 07.107 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Devious Dave

Smooth and quiet ( comments like is it running?) very quiet car maybe not as fast down the main straight as the other Audis but easy to drive and consistent this car should rack up the laps as others around it deslot.

15 07.113 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 McGregor168

Very fast on the straights but hard to control in the tight sections , if the driver has an adjustable controller it can be tamed but not everyone has a fancy controller . The better drivers on the night may come to terms with it and tame the beast to rack up the laps - definite potential

16 07.199 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Sidecar Steve

I like this car because I know there’s a Pontiac hiding underneath that Monaro guise â€â€œ its fast but a bit grippy and bouncy , very loosely mounted body that could be contributing to the extra grip ( I find that a little less body movement can sometimes tighten it up and help a car to slide ) or maybe the tyres are touching the body as it leans ? Was it always mounted loose or has it just worked its way there over the last few rounds ?

17 07.221 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Manic

This baby is a drift car - Grip was not so good on this car but it was controllable

18 07.293 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 AASTEES

Great car fast and predictable can do better than the fastest lap time it posted show I think. Total laps count is what wins no necessarily outright speed.

19 07.364 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Gazza

A bit down on main straight speed and a little unpredictable in the corners gotta be driven a little conservatively maybe to get a high lap count

20 07.500 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Old Slot

Fast car still sounds a bit tight â€â€œ as posted in round 1 - great brakes ! could be because of the tightness in the rear axle , is it tight gears or good magnets in the motor ? Smooth car though and handles well except for the hand brake slides into the corners

21 07.536 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Manimal

Bouncy â€â€œ big tyres lots of grip but hinders its ability to slide in the long drifting corners , also bounces its way nervously through the tight corners , needs a careful driver to tame it.

22 07.540 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Imkouwl

Fast enough great body heheehe gotta say that huh , hand brake slides to way out to the right and hinders any attempts by other drivers to overtake , was this a built in tactical advantage ? Handles well and goes fast enough to have a fair chance at a higher order finish.

23 07.566 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Ian Mugford

Sorry Ian she still wants to jump lanes in the tight mid field area exiting the corners by the marshal box (centre track area) Fast enough no worries but that deslot bug is still living in its belly.

24 07.674 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Antony

A bit bemusing this one , fantastic car at Muggys place but off song here ? seemed intermittent on power , marshals noticed sparks at the braid , I haven’t put it on a check board so Im assuming here but with the track braid sunken into the track 0.5 -1mm the car may be riding on its front wheels more than its flag , Dennis adjusted the braid to make it a bit lower (slight fold down) during the two minute run but it didn’t really seem to help. Dave 3ofus took off the body and had a look for loose lead wires but found no problems . I personally was looking forward to running your car on my track and I will have another look at it myself , not doubting Daves abilities but another look can’t hurt. I want everyones car to run as well as it can , no modifications allowed but it may be as simple as a lead wire or a soft solder where the lead wire meets the motor.

25 07.813 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 HMCSCAT

This lime green gem should have loved this track with 29000rpm on tap but it didn’t back up the RPM label up with the performance - comments were ( its just getting wound up and the straight ends ! ) I noticed the axle seemed very tight at Imugfords and this issue was looked at that night . From memory I think the motor shaft didn’t extend back far enough to run in the crown gear to keep the axle centred so it was set up with the rims running lightly against the axle bushes to get the correct mesh with the gears (like a 1/24th inline rear end) I will have another look at it and if its just set up too tight I will adjust it IF THAT’S WITHIN THE RULES ! can I please get an ok on that

26 08.223 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Eno the Wonder Dog

What can I say here â€â€œ Box stock Carrera with the flag positioned behind the axle ?

Mmm , has straight line speed , lacks a bit in the brake area , grips ok , a bit on the tippy side and looks ok , but not really in the performance league of most of the others this time around Eno. I think from memory you were pressed for prep time ? Goes better on my track than Muggys track if that’s any consolation. If the drivers just go for it she will probably suffer in the lap count but if they drive it within its abilities and just stay on and score laps it can come up in the finishing order . Maybe a few pm’s to the drivers offering a bribe or two will help . I personally will take on the challenge and ask the other drivers to beat my lap score with it if they can.

27 08.485 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Scar

Bouncy bouncy bouncy â€â€œ really bad rear axle bushes mate the axle floats around and makes the car jump whenever ya hit the throttle. Deslots on the straights , I would love to fix it but the rules say………………no extra mods allowed , pity really because it does have the potential there to really go hard , maybe with a rather large points loss (you can negotiate with the judges to go for replacement bushes) Your gonna hold up the ladder all the way I think so why not drop some points now and go for a miraculous comeback . I think the proxy will be a sad affair for you all the way if this is left unattended. I am willing to do the work replacing them and I have some MJK plastic bushes or Scalextric plastic bushes here, I think I even have some brass bushes there - yours for free if you get the OK but don’t leave it till the last minute Saturday arvo as I am a busy man.

*** This car is also a traffic menace to the other entrants and causes other cars to be put out of the slot or potentially worse â€â€œ damage them

Sorry about the odd dots and dashes but its copied from the word program and Im outa time to edit it out on the Auslot post

Printed with SlotRace Manager v2.30 - © 2004 www.CenoByte.nl

Edited by BMR

I have had a few pm asking for posters , cheers for the compliments but if you want a copy its only suited for A4 size printouts as any bigger would show up heaps of pixels and imperfections . I printed it off on my old inkjet and its ok , with a clear laminate it would be nice on the shed wall.

I printed it off in landscape through windows photo and fax viewer .

Hi BMR, thanks for the rundown on the cars.

1. Please fix Smallnails spoiler before the race
  2. Could you check the screws on my car. They should only be 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn back from nipped up so sounds like they've come loose.
  3. In view of the danger to other cars posed by Scar's Celica, please change the bushes by direction of the Organiser. There will be a 25 point penalty applied.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

26 08.223 07-06-08 Proxy 2008 Eno the Wonder Dog

What can I say here ��“ Box stock Carrera with the flag positioned behind the axle ?

Mmm , has straight line speed , lacks a bit in the brake area , grips ok , a bit on the tippy side and looks ok , but not really in the performance league of most of the others this time around Eno. I think from memory you were pressed for prep time ? Goes better on my track than Muggys track if that’s any consolation. If the drivers just go for it she will probably suffer in the lap count but if they drive it within its abilities and just stay on and score laps it can come up in the finishing order . Maybe a few pm’s to the drivers offering a bribe or two will help . I personally will take on the challenge and ask the other drivers to beat my lap score with it if they can.

I think my biggest problem was that weren't meant to move the guide shoes and I'd already promised the Opel 'cause it was bloody ugly & made me laugh. Actually the whole car has made me laugh. I was pressed for time but had already promised the car so I couldn't be wishy washy and use something else! I was getting 'good' (comparatively) with it on my track (Ferrodore) but it's certainly a "driver's" car as it isn't very forgiving. 29000 rev Slot it engine in it - should probably have gone shorter..

One of the Sydney guys asked if he could have it when the series was over - who was it that said that??

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi BMR, thanks for the rundown on the cars.
  1. Please fix Smallnails spoiler before the race
  2. Could you check the screws on my car. They should only be 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn back from nipped up so sounds like they've come loose.
  3. In view of the danger to other cars posed by Scar's Celica, please change the bushes by direction of the Organiser. There will be a 25 point penalty applied.

Okey Dokey will do what I can with Scar car , has he Okayed the workover ?

Are we all prepared for a big charge from rear of the field ?

Screws will be checked and adjusted as you say above and spoiler will be reglued.

I am busy most of the week but I will get out into the shed during the week ,when the missus is watching her TV shows , not looking forward to it as we are in for a cold snap going by the weather report , where's that old beanie and my leather gloves gone ?

Also I didn't mention it in the earlier posts but all the cars had a tyre clean - 2.26 on a rag rubbed any crud off to show nice clean rubber NONE of the MJK tyres got any fliuds or any of the other cars that requested no fliuds on tyres.

All cars got a drop or two of oil in the axles and gears , and a dribble of 2.26 over the braid and then the dirt in the braid cleaned out with a soft tooth brush (don't tell my missus it was her brush)

Bugs wiped off the windscreens and a polish with the turtle wax .....NOT ! ;)

Scar the car is going better now , cleaned the chassis then glued bushes and motor into the chassis with 5 min epoxy (with patience it can be removed in the future using epoxy) I had no bushes that would fit your axle so I did what I have done to my own cars many times and lightly oiled the axle and then dropped a bit of gap filling super glue in between the axle and bush , then ran the car at 6 volts until I felt sure the glue had set. This takes up the axle slop and lasts for quite a while , I have cars that have been raced over six months before I needed to redo this modification. depending on how often its raced in that six months - everyday would take its toll . Anyway it came up well and I glued your rims back on gave the tyres a sand to balance them up and make sure they run ok .

Just as a note the next time you put a higher output motor in go for a decent set of alloy grub screw rims , better axle and spur gear as well , the stock plastic stuff doesn't really handle the extra power well. Anyway I ran the car and it was much better (no more bouncy action) but it still liked to deslot so I checked it on a set up board and your flag is lucky to be 2mm in the slot with the wheels not touching the set up board , you had a really shallow flag on it. The flag also was shaped at the front leading edge pointing up wards this was making it ride up and out so I put in a slot it flag and now its running nicely so it will not be a mobile chicane anymore .

Very Cold track , tired driver 2.45am the fastest time was 7.813 . - Was it worth the points penalty to ya ?

th_P09-06-08_0252.jpg

Edited by BMR

One of the Sydney guys asked if he could have it when the series was over - who was it that said that??

that was roll-over Mel [otfs]

Can ya give ma belly a rub while I'm on me back :lol:<_<B)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg