Track Wiring

jsnoz

I know this has to be here somewhere, but I have not been able to find it, so...

Can anyone point me in the direction of instruction for wiring powertaps? I posted this last week in the "Workshop" forum thinking that may be the best place for a track build inquiry, but got no responsed so thought I would try here...

My track is built, I have soldered wires to the track pieces in 7 - 8 places, but I am not sure what where to connect them - Back at the power base, or back to a track piece near the powerbase or what...

Thanks in advance.

Bring all the wires back to 2 brass power blocks, one positive and one negative. The reason for brass blocks is so you don't need jumper wires from point to point across the block. Bring one wire from each block to the plug in socket or reversing switch or what ever you need to complete the wiring as normal. Done. :D

Stu

Old racers race harder

Bring one wire from each block to the plug in socket or reversing switch or what ever you need to complete the wiring as normal. Done. :D

Thanks for the response Slots, but you have assumed way, way, way too much knowledge here ;) - it is the complete the wiring as normal bit that I need help with!

I get creating the power taps on the track & run all the cables back to a central point & run it through a connector block so that I have a single, positive & negative lead to connect to something... but my question is what is that something?

As I see it there are 3 options

1. Connect this up to a power tapped piece of track next to the PB, or tap the sensor track connected to the PB & run it all to this (in my mind this should work...) B)

2. Crack open the bottom of the PB & find a red & black cable in there to link up to (this scares me...) :lol:

3. Wire straight to the terminals of the power supply (Seems almost logical, but something worries me here...) :lol:

It may help if I state I am running this with PB Pro & A Dick Smith 15V 23A Fixed PS

Thanks

Edited by jsnoz

• 1 month later...